vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=208488

demojames 09 Apr 2009 05:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by hollosch (Post 1769571)
I'm using zoints-seo, and i get "Error: RSS file not found, dude." when i use the scheduled task...

I'm using vBSEO and getting the same error. :o

Did a test post and nothing. Looked at the RSS feed in a browser it's there, but no updates to Twitter.

AzH 09 Apr 2009 15:24

Installed and working fine. Thanks!!

Just a couple of questions though. How do I get it to pull from more than one, but not all forums. Currently I'm using .com/forums/external.php?f=4 as my feed, and I want it to be .com/forums/external.php?f=4 + 6, 7, 8, etc (but not all).

Ahh, just one question then. :)

skooby 09 Apr 2009 17:39

Hey,
I was "sorta" able to get this working...

I did one update yesterday in the forum it is tracking and it worked. Then today I made 3 new topics, and out of the three, two showed up in Twitter. One was the same topic I did yesterday (so it posted that twice on Twitter), and one of the topics I had just made. So out of the 3 topics I made in the forum it is tracking today, 1 showed up, 1 was out of date, and 1 didn't show at all.

All 3 show if I go directly to the RSS feed page (and are the newest in the feed).

Any idea how I can troubleshoot? This tool is great, thanks for working on it.

skylab 16 Apr 2009 02:38

http://twitter.com/nightlifevibe
Getting a few issues
<![CDATA[ error comes up every now and then.
and sometimes duplicate twitter posts some with errors and some not. you can take a look at my twitter to see whats going on.

Flep 17 Apr 2009 13:25

I get CDATA issue too

A825F933D42B 19 Apr 2009 17:41

my server does not support curl. Is there a no-curl option?

skylab 21 Apr 2009 14:32

It's not a huge issue but hopefully the CDATA gets fixed sooner or later.

SBlueman 02 May 2009 19:35

Will this work at all for v3.6.12? I tried it and got the CDATA issue too. Might it have something to do with thread prefixes?

beachinxj 03 May 2009 16:04

Is there any way to make it not do duplicate threads other than increasing the time between script runs?

fbriceno97 04 May 2009 05:05

Got same error:

Error: RSS file not found, dude, when using the scheduled task... external.php is perfectly working as we have it on viigo, php5.... everything is ok, but that error is present.

How do i solve it?

kalliey 07 May 2009 23:21

Hy thanks for this great Hack! :-)

Ive only one problem, my letters ,, dontt send to twitter, how can i fix this?

sevkotr 13 May 2009 14:59

turkish characters can not be sent to twitter via this mod. is there anything which i can do to fix this?

i changed utf-8 to latin5 but did not worked.

just77me 14 May 2009 11:09

i get many duplicate threads to twitter - whats going wrong there? if there is no solution - i have to uninstall this twitter tool because i dont want to flood twitter with duplicate content and delete ist manual.

any ideas?

thank you

Vanjezi 15 May 2009 17:34

Can u make to all rss?

Its missing a lot threads posts

gordietbh 16 May 2009 19:27

here is the code I've implemented to get around the duplicate issue.

The issue arose when the latest thread was not the current status of the twitter account, so I updated the code to search the entire feed page for the thread title. It now checks the contents of your twitter page and looks for a match with the title of the first item in the RSS feed, if it finds it it does not try to repost. If it does not find a match it will call the twitter API and submit the message.

I then had an issue where it was posting <![CDATA[thread title]]. I discovered that this only occurred when there was an apostrophe in the thread title, so I added a replace command to strip out the CDATA text.

There was also an issue where if your server did not receive a response from the twitter page in a timely fashion the script would not find a match for the latest title thread and would repost. I added a line in the script to search for your account name in the page, and if it finds it then call the twitter API. This ensures that there is no more double posting.

You need to replace the contents of the twitask.php file in the includes\cron folder with the script below. You need to replace the ACCOUNTNAME text in the line http://twitter.com/ACCOUNTNAME with the name of your twitter account. this needs to be in the same case as the account name appears on your twitter page.


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

If you have $cronimage in your footer template and have the twitter scheduled task set to run every minute each time a new thread is started the title will be updated. You will also need to set the refresh time on your RSS feed in vboptions to 0 if you want to ensure that every new thread is updated to your twitted feed. If the refresh time is 60 minutes you will only have the latest thread submitted every hour when the RSS cache is refreshed.

I've been running with the above script and options for the last several days and have eliminated the duplicate posting issues.


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:34.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.14
Copyright © 2021, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All Rights Reserved. vBulletin® is a registered trademark of MH Sub I, LLC
Copyright ©2001 - , vbulletin.org. All rights reserved.