vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=299546

ForceHSS 26 Aug 2013 14:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheInsaneManiac (Post 2440900)

In the AdminCP change redirection to yes, then will prevent anyone from accessing your forums.

Thx thought that was only for the paid version. Will reinstall and try again

TheInsaneManiac 26 Aug 2013 16:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by smirkley (Post 2441160)
Dont think is is needed, anyone can download the Tor browser for test.

I just mean for permissions, if I make it for Admins being left out, then you can't really run a test, but if there is a field in the AdminCP, then you can add those you dont want and when you need to test, remove those you want.


Quote:

Originally Posted by madness85 (Post 2441185)
Could we have new thread on detection personally prefer this option :)

Yes I can arrange this.


Quote:

Originally Posted by ForceHSS (Post 2441214)
Thx thought that was only for the paid version. Will reinstall and try again

No problem, sorry for the confusion.

ForceHSS 26 Aug 2013 17:01

1 Attachment(s)
Got the pro version but one of the settings seems to be blank can you fix this and pm me a link to the new one

TheInsaneManiac 26 Aug 2013 18:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForceHSS (Post 2441237)
Got the pro version but one of the settings seems to be blank can you fix this and pm me a link to the new one

Oh sorry about that. Yea it's fixed in the new version, I still have another few kinks to work out and I will be releasing the updated version. Should be sometime tonight when I get off or tomorrow as I am off the whole day. That setting is so that anyone who was blocked from registration will have a cookie and will continue to be blocked regardless if they have disabled their proxy or not. So if you want them to be able to register after they disable their proxy, then leave it at no.

ForceHSS 26 Aug 2013 19:27

thx that fixed it and also one other problem as well if looking from ipad puffin browser

CharlieDelta 27 Aug 2013 01:44

I am liking what I am seeing so far. Great job.
Do you think there will be any problems using it with this mod, http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...t=registration

TheInsaneManiac 27 Aug 2013 06:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForceHSS (Post 2441264)
thx that fixed it and also one other problem as well if looking from ipad puffin browser

What problem?


Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlieDelta (Post 2441331)
I am liking what I am seeing so far. Great job.
Do you think there will be any problems using it with this mod, http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...t=registration

It will work fine, it just hooks into the plugin and not any templates for registration.

ForceHSS 27 Aug 2013 16:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheInsaneManiac (Post 2441374)
What problem?

Not a problem now as the new update fix the problem i was getting with puffin browser for the ipad

TheInsaneManiac 27 Aug 2013 21:14

Oh sweet!

ForceHSS 27 Aug 2013 22:20

But it does say the puffin browser is using a proxy so cant use it to log into my forums now pity as i used it all the time

TheInsaneManiac 28 Aug 2013 01:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForceHSS (Post 2441508)
But it does say the puffin browser is using a proxy so cant use it to log into my forums now pity as i used it all the time



Puffin browser uses port 80 and 443, the script scans common ports for proxies and generally browsers use ports in the high numbers. So it could be throwing a false positive. I'm not familiar with the puffin browser, if it runs on port 80 it has to be running some type of server feed from another server, is this one of those browsers that cache information on their servers and then feed it back to you as the client? If so this can cause false positives from my modification.

ForceHSS 28 Aug 2013 01:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheInsaneManiac (Post 2441574)
Puffin browser uses port 80 and 443, the script scans common ports for proxies and generally browsers use ports in the high numbers. So it could be throwing a false positive. I'm not familiar with the puffin browser, if it runs on port 80 it has to be running some type of server feed from another server, is this one of those browsers that cache information on their servers and then feed it back to you as the client? If so this can cause false positives from my modification.

Have no idea if it does that i use it because it uses flash and not many for ipad do

TheInsaneManiac 28 Aug 2013 23:55

Ok, I'm working on a whitelisting feature. Should be finished with it soon.

bzcomputers 29 Aug 2013 00:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForceHSS (Post 2441584)
Have no idea if it does that i use it because it uses flash and not many for ipad do

That's how your are able to run flash on iOS devices with Puffin. It actually runs the flash on a Puffin Server and then feeds the results back to you. Puffin is a proxy browser.

TheInsaneManiac 30 Aug 2013 07:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by bzcomputers (Post 2441750)
That's how your are able to run flash on iOS devices with Puffin. It actually runs the flash on a Puffin Server and then feeds the results back to you. Puffin is a proxy browser.

Yip, so you can choose to white list the Puffin browser, but that's an anonymous browser, so it doesn't give a true ip referral. So... even if I didn't do a whitelist for allowing Puffin browser, there wouldn't be a way to white list your ip or black list those abusers as it does not give a true ip.

I'm may just work on changing the web proxy script since it does seem to be a little delayed as it has to port scan. Given it does dig deeper, but it can give false positives. I will prolly do a check for headers instead for web proxies. Since that's what most common proxies use.


All times are GMT. The time now is 15:55.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.14
Copyright © 2021, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All Rights Reserved. vBulletin® is a registered trademark of MH Sub I, LLC
Copyright ©2001 - , vbulletin.org. All rights reserved.