vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=299546

ForceHSS 27 Mar 2014 03:22

I see now if you said Enabled I would of understood

Kat-2 27 Mar 2014 05:09

LOL what's in a word. I knew what I meant anyhow. :p

TheInsaneManiac 20 Apr 2014 04:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kat-2 (Post 2489832)
LOL what's in a word. I knew what I meant anyhow. :p

If you still need help I will need some information from you. Please PM me.

Sorry I have not been around the last month or so, recently lost my job and have not had a computer. Been a rough patch and a long story. I'll use my friends computer for now and do as much as I can to help till I get back on my feet. Good ole notepad ftw.

mikez006 19 Jun 2014 15:36

I currently only have Tor detection turned on and it seems most of the IPs I'm getting are mobile/wireless IPs like mycingular.net (AT&T)

Is Tor detection 100% accurate? If he's using Tor why does it show up as At&T when I trace the IP?

leemart44 08 Jul 2014 19:13

I got token error when trying to import latest xml

ForceHSS 08 Jul 2014 20:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by leemart44 (Post 2505952)
I got token error when trying to import latest xml

post full error (check error log)

leemart44 08 Jul 2014 20:46

error is gone away, I have the pro version installed now, so maybe was just
an issue on my end not the xml
Installed adblock mod of yours and now the proxy alert stopped working any advise?
I'm using your Pro version 1.92

Okay got it going but now its blocking Google adsense bots

Marv 26 Jul 2014 15:30

I´ve bought the pro version 1.92 and have a few issues with it.
Actual I have to deal with a bunch of trolls on my forums and thought it would be wise, to have a proxy filter like this. Unfortunal, it doesn´t work reliable.

Auto template has seemed to malfunction, so I edited the navbar myself and added the missing line. Now it detects tor users here and then, but you can´t relay on that. Proxy-Alert is setup to block proxy and tor users and redirect them to the PA error page. As far as I can see, that doesn´t work. Wether the users are blocked, nor they become redirected to the error page.

As I visited the forum using tor, it wasn´t detected. Even using a normal proxy-server list in firefox was ignored by this mod.

Maniac, may be you could have a look into this. In this state the mod is unfortunal not recommended for use - at least, if you have trolls lurking around and you´re in need, to get rid off em.

ForceHSS 26 Jul 2014 15:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marv (Post 2508354)
I´ve bought the pro version 1.92 and have a few issues with it.
Actually, I have to deal with a bunch of trolls on my forums and thought it would be wise, to have a proxy filter like this. Unfortunal, it doesn´t work reliably.

Auto template has seemed to malfunction, so I edited the navbar myself and added the missing line. Now it detects tor users here and then, but you can´t rely on that. Proxy-Alert is setup to block proxy and tor users and redirect them to the PA error page. As far as I can see, that doesn´t work. Whether the users are blocked, nor they become redirected to the error page.

As I visited the forum using tor, it wasn´t detected. Even using a normal proxy-server list in Firefox was ignored by this mod.

Maniac, maybe you could have a look into this. In this state the mod is unfortunate not recommended for use - at least, if you have trolls lurking around and you´re in need, to get rid off em.

Post the missing line so others can add it

Marv 26 Jul 2014 16:09

The missing line is the one which should be done by the autotemplate. If it fails, there is the line in the readme.txt file in the package.

ForceHSS 26 Jul 2014 16:16

And how can I test to see if that is not working on my site and with or without the brackets
Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


Marv 31 Jul 2014 07:45

InsaneManiac,

ProxyAlert is now running for about a week and we had to found out, that we run into some difficulties that are annoying our members, especially those using mobile carriers via phone, tablets or pods.

1. We have in that particular forum a large number of false positives, we had to check manual. Though, by the design of this mod we weren´t able to grant those false identified access to the forums.

2. Most - if not all - mobile providers are using proxies for their customers. ProxyAlert is blocking nearly 80% of all Tapatalk users. Even myself.

Any ideas?

RichieBoy67 31 Jul 2014 10:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marv (Post 2509111)
InsaneManiac,

ProxyAlert is now running for about a week and we had to found out, that we run into some difficulties that are annoying our members, especially those using mobile carriers via phone, tablets or pods.

1. We have in that particular forum a large number of false positives, we had to check manual. Though, by the design of this mod we weren´t able to grant those false identified access to the forums.

2. Most - if not all - mobile providers are using proxies for their customers. ProxyAlert is blocking nearly 80% of all Tapatalk users. Even myself.

Any ideas?

I would just use the Tor blocker.

Marv 31 Jul 2014 10:30

Thanks for the head up, Richie. That´s exactly what we´ve changed meanwhile, too. But we need the webproxy filter to work, to get rid off our "I am a motherf***in special forces"... trolls.

RichieBoy67 31 Jul 2014 10:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marv (Post 2509122)
Thanks for the head up, Richie. That´s exactly what we´ve changed meanwhile, too. But we need the webproxy filter to work, to get rid off our "I am a motherf***in special forces"... trolls.

I hear you but some countries use proxies almost as a default and some isp's will also be flagged that way as will some phone carriers.

In addition many thousands if not more of new proxies are created every day. It is impossible to keep up with them.

Trolls are a pita though!


All times are GMT. The time now is 14:58.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.14
Copyright © 2022, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All Rights Reserved. vBulletin® is a registered trademark of MH Sub I, LLC
Copyright ©2001 - , vbulletin.org. All rights reserved.