The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=201286

sinpin 19 Jun 2010 06:23

great idea and thanks Valter

it seems there is a problem,
installed but doesn't work (vb 3.8.2)

I can't see: "Login As User" in member profiles or Quick User Links

MonkYZ 13 Jul 2010 00:00

I think there is a small problem. When Login To User Account is used on a banned user, there is no way to read the PM's for that user. Can this be modified so admins/moderators can still read the PM's ?

BirdOPrey5 13 Jul 2010 18:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonkYZ (Post 2068289)
I think there is a small problem. When Login To User Account is used on a banned user, there is no way to read the PM's for that user. Can this be modified so admins/moderators can still read the PM's ?

There are a couple of "Read PMs" mods you'd be better off using... as this logs you into an account you'll never be able to read pm's if banned users can't see them.

MonkYZ 15 Jul 2010 06:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by BirdOPrey5 (Post 2068686)
There are a couple of "Read PMs" mods you'd be better off using... as this logs you into an account you'll never be able to read pm's if banned users can't see them.

Can you recommend me a good one ? Thx ! :)

BirdOPrey5 15 Jul 2010 18:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonkYZ (Post 2069374)
Can you recommend me a good one ? Thx ! :)

To read PMs use this one: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=123166
t's for 3.6 but works fine in 3.8
Note that if a user deletes a PM you won't see it anymore.

This mod: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=204562
Creates a log of all PMs sent by users so even if they delete them you have a copy, the problem is this can grow very big on an active board.

And for ethical reasons you should of course notify your users you have the ability to read pms, but that is another discussion.

haytham 05 May 2011 19:03

Thank you. Just one request. Please always include upgrade instructions in your first post. It will make things easier since some mods require full removal of files then uploading new files and others can just be overwritten.

xAsphyxiia 22 Aug 2011 09:42

Does this come with history of whos logged onto whos account?

burakdulgar 24 Aug 2011 05:32

Well its working perfectly with chrome 13 but not with firefox 6.

Thnx for the mod btw, its simply perfect :)

Syxguns 07 Sep 2011 18:11

Does this Mod work with version 4.x? Or is there another Mod that allows me to post or change post to another user?

NM- found one!

kronnos 26 Dec 2012 02:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Syxguns (Post 2243087)
Does this Mod work with version 4.x? Or is there another Mod that allows me to post or change post to another user?

NM- found one!

I was just about to ask if there is a future for this mod on VB4...

Can you share which one?

Edit: Found it as well... If anyone is interested, its called VSa - Login To User Account.

kronnos 01 May 2013 04:07

What is the process of upgrading to 4.2 if this mod is installed?

1) Should I first upgrade, uninstall it and install the 4.x version of this mod (VSa - Login To User Account) ?

2) Uninstall it before upgrading to 4.x then install the 4.x version of this mod after upgrade of forum is complete?

Also, would uninstalling remove the the tables originally created by this mod? What are those tables?

Thanks!

michaelclyde 15 Nov 2020 16:21

Unable to mark "installed".

Just tried this mod on vb3.8.12 running PHP 7.4 and BLANK, it did not take.

Recently tried to clean install a vb3.8.2 debug test forum running PHP 5.6 and got same, "unable" error message. Any suggestions as to "why"? Suspect my original vb3.8.2 has been either hacked or datastore corrupt as am now getting system message You have been banned for the following reason: No reason was specified Date the ban will be lifted: Never"

Also, notice all system messages are now "right margin justified"? Anyone ever see this before?