vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=249277

Hippy 03 Jan 2012 23:58

@snakes
under Style & Language Settings
your Default Style is set to ?
Default Style for Old Mobile Browsers is set to ? should be none
Default Style for Modern Mobile Browsers is set to ?

in your Forums & Moderators > forum manager >Style Options is set to ?
these may affect the style and over ride things..

CappingTheGame 04 Jan 2012 00:04

dart,

Any update on adding thread author or how to do it? Would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

dartho 04 Jan 2012 00:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by CappingTheGame (Post 2283559)
dart,

Any update on adding thread author or how to do it? Would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Edit threadbit template, search for


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

and replace with


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


Hippy 04 Jan 2012 01:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by dartho (Post 2283571)
Edit threadbit template, search for


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

and replace with


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

thanks dartho
I tried the code above I am not sure what I did but I ended up editing it to this
look bettter to me any way..

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


CappingTheGame 04 Jan 2012 01:10

Works great...thanks man.

CappingTheGame 04 Jan 2012 01:16

Real quick, how do I add it to the "New Posts" section also. Right now the thread author is only showing up within each respective forum. If you click New Posts, it still just shows latest poster...

Hippy 04 Jan 2012 01:26

search_threadbit template do the same thing

CappingTheGame 04 Jan 2012 01:29

Sorry, could you elaborate? I get doing the same thing, but I already replaced it in the threadbit area. Where do I replace it now?

Thx in advance.

CappingTheGame 04 Jan 2012 01:32

Nevermind, think I got it. Thanks.

Hippy 04 Jan 2012 01:34

search_threadbit template
search for
Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

and replace it with

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


snakes1100 04 Jan 2012 17:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by dartho (Post 2283542)
@yanref - still not sure what is causing your issue and no reports of anyone else with the same. Have you tried disabling all add-ons and plugins and testing? (do this in AdminCP->Settings->Options->Plugin/Hook System->Enable Plugin/Hook System = No)

@snakes - whilst yanref has other issues, it stays on the lightweight style for me when visiting his site from my PC and phone. my test site at vbdev.org doesn't have issues either. At any rate, I guess it would be a vBulletin problem if it couldn't maintain a style across pages ...

As it was on the test site, there actually are no additional products installed, mind you this only happens when using a mobile device, browsing the mobile style from a pc/linux box, it stays in mobile mode when navigating across the site.

It also appears your forcing the mobile style or its your only style on your dev site, which i dont do, never have had that option on even when it was running 3.8.x

In another test, it appears also that i cant change styles via the usercp, only via the quick change in the footer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hippy (Post 2283555)
@snakes
under Style & Language Settings
your Default Style is set to ?
Default Style for Old Mobile Browsers is set to ? should be none
Default Style for Modern Mobile Browsers is set to ?

in your Forums & Moderators > forum manager >Style Options is set to ?
these may affect the style and over ride things..

I dont force users to use the mobile style, as the live site has tapatalk as well as this mobile style.

It is a test site, there are no modifications to forcing a style in specific forums, as i stated it happens on any link you click.

dartho 04 Jan 2012 21:57

@snakes - yes, I was using vbulletin's detection, which doesn't 'force' a style but it does pre-select the lightweight style for mobile devices, and allows changing to other styles after initial detection. I turned this off and the style no longer sticks (from my Nexus) as you reported - neither does vbulletin's style so I can only assume the issue is with vbulletin. It does 'stick' from my desktop browser.

I've questioned this behaviour on vBulletin.com

flussmitteldj 04 Jan 2012 22:07

I have two problems!

The Banner
http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=img_0301nplfe.png

The Football Game
http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=img_0302u5x1k.png

dartho 04 Jan 2012 22:18

it doesn't support the football game, and you should choose smaller banners suitable for mobile devices only 320px wide for iphone

flussmitteldj 04 Jan 2012 22:23

how can i smaller the banner for the mobile style?

dartho 05 Jan 2012 08:12

I don;t know - ask your ad provider.

bremereric 08 Jan 2012 16:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by flussmitteldj (Post 2283943)
how can i smaller the banner for the mobile style?

Photoshop

bremereric 09 Jan 2012 22:24

Okay I replaced the mobilelogo.png file with my own reduced header.png. It still shows the Mobile header. What am I missing.

https://host261.hostmonster.com:2083...eurl=&basedir=

bremereric 10 Jan 2012 03:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by bremereric (Post 2285722)
Okay I replaced the mobilelogo.png file with my own reduced header.png. It still shows the Mobile header. What am I missing.

https://host261.hostmonster.com:2083...eurl=&basedir=

Okay this is a delayed reaction like I had before. I uploaded some files to the c-panel before and it took sometime before I saw the changes. I finally saw my header.png on my phone. I replaced the mobilelogo.png in the images/misc folder and it finally worked.

vexxy 10 Jan 2012 21:35

Great style, installed. Dartho, are you available for a small chat via PM? (it's not a support issue don't worry :) ). I tried to PM you but your inbox is kinda full.

tnx!

dartho 10 Jan 2012 22:37

I just deleted a couple PMs

vexxy 11 Jan 2012 09:02

PM sent!

dartho 14 Jan 2012 21:41

Just marking a milestone - this is now the most 'installed' style for VB4

res6cue 14 Jan 2012 21:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by dartho (Post 2287869)
Just marking a milestone - this is now the most 'installed' style for VB4

And rightfully so, my users absolutely love it! :up: It's so nice to never have to give any thought to any official vB mobile styles, which are probably buggy anyway.


I'm about to update to 4.1.10 and notice a lot of stuff was changed that might affect styles. Is anyone running this style on 4.1.10 yet, and are there any issues with doing so?

Hippy 14 Jan 2012 22:22

still running on the latest .. be sure not to update templates
after upgraded it will say there is a S-load of templates out of date ..
do not revert them

dartho 14 Jan 2012 23:33

If you do update and get all those out of date template messages, to clear them you could edit and save each one without actually making changes or you could run the following query on your database:

UPDATE template SET version = '4.1.10', mergestatus = 'none' WHERE styleid=XX;

change XX to the styleid number of the lightweight style and 4.1.10 to whatever the version number currently is.

thenamesgould 15 Jan 2012 01:03

I just reverted them all to get rid of the alerts, then reinstalled the xml file.

yanref 15 Jan 2012 01:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by dartho (Post 2283542)
@yanref - still not sure what is causing your issue and no reports of anyone else with the same. Have you tried disabling all add-ons and plugins and testing? (do this in AdminCP->Settings->Options->Plugin/Hook System->Enable Plugin/Hook System = No)

@snakes - whilst yanref has other issues, it stays on the lightweight style for me when visiting his site from my PC and phone. my test site at vbdev.org doesn't have issues either. At any rate, I guess it would be a vBulletin problem if it couldn't maintain a style across pages ...

have tried this, still no joy?
when im on the lightweight style, the url is, gamers-asylum/forum.php , which is fine.
i click on any thread, i get this, gamers-asylum/forumdisplay.php , which is not correct?
click the same thread on a normal theme you get this, "gamers-asylum/forumdisplay.php?4-PS3-Games", which is correct.

any ideas why it is not showing the correct url.

dartho 15 Jan 2012 06:43

have you tried re-installling the style fresh?

yanref 15 Jan 2012 07:46

yes, i removed all, then reinstalled,.

also removed again last night, updated to vb 4.1.10 then reinstalled and still no joy.

dartho 15 Jan 2012 10:39

No idea - If you give me admin access to your forum, I can have a look.

yanref 15 Jan 2012 14:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by dartho (Post 2288095)
No idea - If you give me admin access to your forum, I can have a look.

ok, pm sent.

thanks for the help.

EgyKit 15 Jan 2012 16:10

Unfortunately this won't work with vBulletin versions higher than 4.1.8, waiting for your update.

Thanks.

Edit: sorry, forgot to upload the css php file after I installed the style, now it's working fine..

bremereric 16 Jan 2012 04:42

:o This mod is awesome. I did the stupid thing and forgot to upload a couple of files to my forum root but it has been working great with my Blackberry viewing my Forum. Great product and many thanks to Dartho. :):D:rolleyes::cool:

yanref 16 Jan 2012 13:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by dartho (Post 2288095)
No idea - If you give me admin access to your forum, I can have a look.

thanks mate.

all working now, and very good it is too.

very impressed with the way you have helped out, so many would not!:up:

nocte 17 Jan 2012 03:18

We have a big forum with several areas like arcade or glossry. when this areas are accessed with this style, the style is messed up. Is it possible that this style only shows up, when the users surfs in areas this style is made for?

The Rocketeer 17 Jan 2012 13:52

can anybody tell me if there has been any changes made to this when upgrading to vb 4.1.10? I had it working very well in vb 4.1.8, do I need to uninstall and reinstall the theme or add any certain codes to make it work or something?

Ozymandyus 17 Jan 2012 14:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rocketeer (Post 2288991)
can anybody tell me if there has been any changes made to this when upgrading to vb 4.1.10? I had it working very well in vb 4.1.8, do I need to uninstall and reinstall the theme or add any certain codes to make it work or something?

I typically have to reinstall between versions, but it's not that big of a deal. Just be sure to make a note of any customizations you've made first, then re-import the style allowing it to over-write what's there. Re-apply your customizations and you're done. Total time is usually under five minutes for me.

MxRE 17 Jan 2012 14:38

I really like the look of this.. am about to download it :D

snakes1100 18 Jan 2012 03:43

Vbulletin has released the Jira fix for the style issue, this bug was discovered in 4.1.8, mobile users will be directed back to the default style.

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-13851

dartho 18 Jan 2012 08:01

If you wish to make this change manually, edit init.php and
search for:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

and replace with

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

and search for

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

and replace with


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


dartho 18 Jan 2012 08:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by yanref (Post 2288530)
thanks mate.

all working now, and very good it is too.

very impressed with the way you have helped out, so many would not!:up:

Turns out the BASE meta tag needed to be removed as it was being set to the web root as opposed to forum root. Removing it made all links relative, and thus they worked again.

slinky 18 Jan 2012 20:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by dartho (Post 2287869)
Just marking a milestone - this is now the most 'installed' style for VB4

Which speaks volumes about the quality of what one great developer can do versus an entire team of developers in a dozen countries at Internet Brands and vBulletin Solutions.

Kudos to you Dartho. Tremendous work and why I sent you some money like others should do.

tekmaster 19 Jan 2012 00:03

I have a question:

I'm on 4.1.5 and currently it does not display the register option, I was wondering if this is due to possibly a plugin conflict or a feature I'm supposed to enable but just overlooked?

dartho 19 Jan 2012 00:30

There is no regiuster option - I've yet to do the registration page (go direct to register.php and you'll see). You could easily enough add it in if desired...

tekmaster 19 Jan 2012 00:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by dartho (Post 2289662)
There is no regiuster option - I've yet to do the registration page (go direct to register.php and you'll see). You could easily enough add it in if desired...

thanks for the quick response, I compared a few of your screenshots and saw the notices box, I used that to do substitute as the register redirect,

thanks

sportsfroma2 19 Jan 2012 13:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by dartho (Post 2289299)
If you wish to make this change manually, edit ini.php and
search for:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

and replace with

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

and search for

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

and replace with


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

very minor thing, but just wanted to point out that the changes need to be made in init.php (not ini.php).

Anyway, after that fix it works great for me in 4.1.10.

keep up the great work, thanks alot dartho :up:

dartho 20 Jan 2012 00:01

correct - that's a typo , fixed now

doobiefillin 21 Jan 2012 01:18

where do i find init.php?

dartho 21 Jan 2012 02:10

it's a vbulletin file, located in the <forumroot>/includes directory

Alan_SP 21 Jan 2012 18:16

Just found out this:

In template FORUMDISPLAY you use this code:


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Use instead phrase {vb:rawphrase post_new_thread}

So that there is this code:


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Problem is that my language (Croatian) is a bit more complicated than English and I know that this is similar with Spanish, German and many more of them. It is correct phrase for this button and it's much better to use it instead two phrases.

Hippy 25 Jan 2012 12:08

this style produces a number of coding errors and warnings
some are a easy fixes ..

pop your url in there http://validator.w3.org/ once you selected your mobile style youll have this at the end of the url "?styleid=4" < your style # will be in place of the 4 here ( meaning what ever number is assigned to your mobile style

most errors are coming from the header template what seems to be open <imput> and <img> or they should be contained in <form> or something to make valid..

deverill2010 25 Jan 2012 18:48

Dartho I am on version 1.0.0 on the latest VB 4.1.10, You mod has 63 template conflict merge things.

U'm im not really sure what to do, I don't know if I need to update, I don't know how to update and I made some custom changes didn't i (I doubt you remember as I don't lol).

Can you tell me please how to update the style and how to keep the colours etc as i don't want to be faffing with that again.
Thanks

djbaxter 25 Jan 2012 21:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by deverill2010 (Post 2292328)
Dartho I am on version 1.0.0 on the latest VB 4.1.10, You mod has 63 template conflict merge things.

U'm im not really sure what to do, I don't know if I need to update, I don't know how to update and I made some custom changes didn't i (I doubt you remember as I don't lol).

Can you tell me please how to update the style and how to keep the colours etc as i don't want to be faffing with that again.
Thanks

Solution: re-import the style, selecting "merge with" the name of your current mobile style, and it should resolve all those "conflicts".

deverill2010 26 Jan 2012 14:50

1 Attachment(s)
Ok I reimported the style but one issue i am having is I can't post as a guest, although I have guest posting enabled.

Also what is this box on the left?
See pic.

Mark.B 27 Jan 2012 19:22

Those with the "<br />" issue.

I have just spent an hour or so sorting this out and I think I have a solution. I think this only works if you have the lightweight style options hack as well.

The issue: Reply to thread still uses CKEditor. If you switch the template back to a simple textarea, as it was before, the quote isn't passed.

To fix:

Copy the contents of template editor_toolbar_off to editor_ckeditor.

This gives you the quote, but gives you all sorts of <br /> tags and other HTML stuff.

This issue is caused when the user has the WYSIWYG set, so we need to turn that off in the mobile style.

Add the following plugin:

Product: Lightweight Style Options
Hook Location: editor_toolbar_switch
Execution order: 5
PHP Code:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Give it a whirl, seems to have worked for me.

dartho 27 Jan 2012 21:28

Thanks Mark, I'm pretty sure this was resolved in the latest version of this style after finding a fix (initially with a plugin like yours) and then with a template edit (plugin no longer required) which was put into the latest version.

Check this post: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...17#post2275317

Mark.B 27 Jan 2012 21:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by dartho (Post 2293229)
Thanks Mark, I'm pretty sure this was resolved in the latest version of this style after finding a fix (initially with a plugin like yours) and then with a template edit (plugin no longer required) which was put into the latest version.

Check this post: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...17#post2275317

I did have a crack at that but still didn't manage to get it quite right....my issue was that I could get the quote passed through correctly, but only into a cut-down CKEditor (in which case, line breaks fail on iOS devices). Or, I could get the plain text box but no quote was passed through.

Admittedly I'm on an older version but none of the posted fixes worked correctly for me. I can't easily upgrade due to all the customising I've done.

In the finish I found adding the plugin and then using the original (pre-CKEditor) version of the mobile style's newreply template has sorted it for me.

dartho 27 Jan 2012 21:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by deverill2010 (Post 2292701)
Ok I reimported the style but one issue i am having is I can't post as a guest, although I have guest posting enabled.

Also what is this box on the left?
See pic.

That box is vBuilletin's 'Autosave' - the latest version of this style shouldn't have it if you updated teh lightweight.css.php file, as you haven't, you'll need to do it yourself.
Edit the lightweight.css.php file, search for:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

and add immediately above:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

That should do it.

I don't know how vBulletin's merge feature works - I've never had much luck with it. If you've customised templates it's best to note changes and reapply them. Best thing to do is install latest version as a fresh style and leave your existing one in place so you can reference it. The same applies for the lightweight.css.php file - this is where you would have made colour changes.

The Rocketeer 02 Feb 2012 06:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by dartho (Post 2289299)
If you wish to make this change manually, edit init.php and
search for:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

and replace with

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

and search for

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

and replace with


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

This is not necessary for 4.1.10 users, is it? :confused:

dartho 02 Feb 2012 09:52

I think vBulletin will be fixing it in 4.1.11 ?

F&R 04 Feb 2012 11:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by dartho (Post 2153534)
@Daffy - The logo is defined in the CSS so you can change there or overwrite the existing image file "images/misc/mobilelogo.png"

If you can;t see it being rendered, it could be that your brower doesn't support it, or if you have the options addon for this style you have enetered in text for the header which replaces the logo.

Aha!! That's why I don't see the logo.

I was wondering if it would be possible to add back a "mobile" adsense type thing Adsense Mobile Ad types here

I was also wondering if it was possible to put the option to go the Lite style at the top of the page on the standard layout so it is possible to switch between full and lite without having to fish in the styles drop down at the bottom.

The reason I ask this is because there are times when I use this style on my laptop/computer. Having a low bandwidth version is brilliant if you are stuck on dial up or using an overcrowded WiFi network.

Wonderful work thank you:)

Fixed errors doing these changes
by Hippy
04 Feb 2012 22:53

dartho

I test most everything with this site http://validator.w3.org
can you review and confirm the changes made are good
thanks dartho
if all checks out, could you please add to your nexted version if you release one

when I ran this skin through that site
there was 14 Errors, 3 warning(s)
you can run your site as well .. need to make sure changing to the style you use that address with the Example-->"?styleid=6" at the end of the url so it does not read the default style

with the fixes I did to these 2 template

This document was successfully checked as XHTML 1.0 Transitional! Passed
header template
1st the changes I made here where

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

to
Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

and changed

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

to
Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

also in the navbar template
all the
Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

I added a / at the end

changed template

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


dartho 04 Feb 2012 23:05

@F&R - There's nothing to stop you adding Ads in - the ad hooks etc are all there. I'm pretty sure you can just paste in the code you receive from Google

re: Full Site link - if you have a drop box, I assume you have the 'Options' addon installed? IN which case you should be able to select the option to have a link in the footer rather than a dropdown box

dartho 04 Feb 2012 23:51

@Hippy - Thanks. I closed off those input tags as well as some img tags in other templates. As for the script, rather than change it, I simply added comment codes insode the <script> tags:


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

as I wasn;t sure if the code changes would affect functionality.

At one stage in t he distant past, I think the original version of this style was XHTML Strict, but I got lazy over time :o

Hippy 05 Feb 2012 02:23

welcome
yes I remember some img tag but i forgot where they where ..
that was a different day I was testing and forgot to mention it here since I did forget about them..

I wasn't sure what the a&&a ment all I could come up with was &alt; I i could not come up with anything in a search ..
but I did find this http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7...for-var-i-in-a this is why I change that code..

keep me posted bud and again thanks for the fantastic mobil (better that vb's "IMO") style ;)

if you comment out the script will the image still resize I test what I did and they still do..
if thats what it's for..

dartho 05 Feb 2012 06:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hippy (Post 2296302)
if you comment out the script will the image still resize I test what I did and they still do..
if thats what it's for..

Yep the comment is only meant to stop the bowser trying to render it whilst allowing the script engine to still execute the script - or something like that ...

F&R 05 Feb 2012 09:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by dartho (Post 2296273)
@F&R - There's nothing to stop you adding Ads in - the ad hooks etc are all there. I'm pretty sure you can just paste in the code you receive from Google

re: Full Site link - if you have a drop box, I assume you have the 'Options' addon installed? IN which case you should be able to select the option to have a link in the footer rather than a dropdown box

Thanks for the reply, yes I have the options add-in installed and it does display "desktop" on the Lightweight style, BUT what I was asking is how I can put the reciprocal button on the desktop style to quickly go to the lightweight style when it is loading the desktop style.

On the ads stuff, ok great, I will have a play.

I do have one more problem. On my windows phone 7 it displays fine and when I change pages, the lightweight style is still in force. However on an iPhone and on a Nokia Xpress Music, when you change page (to go into thread for example) it reverts to the desktop style.

I have uninstalled the style and the options and then reinstalled them, cleared system cache and updated styles. The users have cleared their caches and logged in again, but it still reverts to the desktop style when you change pages. Any ideas? As I said my Windows Phone 7 behaves as expected, iPhones don't.

dartho 05 Feb 2012 12:13

@F&R - Try editing the headinclude template and removing the line

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

In regards to link - try editing the header template in your default style, search for:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

and add the following immediately before it:


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

that what type of thing you are after?

Hippy 05 Feb 2012 12:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by dartho (Post 2296281)
@Hippy - Thanks. I closed off those input tags as well as some img tags in other templates. As for the script, rather than change it, I simply added comment codes insode the <script> tags:


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

as I wasn;t sure if the code changes would affect functionality.

At one stage in t he distant past, I think the original version of this style was XHTML Strict, but I got lazy over time :o

can you add the edit you did I am not quite sure how you ment to do, this are ..... the code ? and just add the code in replace or the dots there in your example ?

dartho 05 Feb 2012 21:59

search headinclude template for

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

and replace with :


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

this is an optimised version of the above code block you can use instead (optimised for size) I should probably move it to an external file so that browsers can cache it


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


F&R 05 Feb 2012 22:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by dartho (Post 2296407)
@F&R - Try editing the headinclude template and removing the line

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

In regards to link - try editing the header template in your default style, search for:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

and add the following immediately before it:


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

that what type of thing you are after?

Thanks, will give this a go tomorrow... the styleid will be 2 for me I guess.

The style not sticking apparently is a known issue due to be fixed in 4.1.11 but will give your fix a go first, might be easier. but it's 11.30pm here so time for bed. Night and thanks for the help.

Salleen 05 Feb 2012 22:32

not working @ 4.1.10

Hippy 06 Feb 2012 01:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by dartho (Post 2296594)
search headinclude template for

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

and replace with :


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

this is an optimised version of the above code block you can use instead (optimised for size) I should probably move it to an external file so that browsers can cache it


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


my headerinclude it

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


The Rocketeer 06 Feb 2012 03:13

@ Hippy, Could you please list / put all your and moof's edits currently required in one new post with instructions and everything? So we all can use that until vBulletin 4.1.11 fixes these issues. It should also make it easier for Dartho to update his style and make the necessary changes.

I have also had someone work on my mobile styles Homepage(as in the CMS home) and to be honest it looks very decent now, I will post my edits soon so some of you can get the cms home page working with your mobile style. :)

F&R 06 Feb 2012 20:08

Hi Dartho

your suggestion to remove <base href="{vb:raw vboptions.bburl}/" /> from the headinclude didn't work I'm afraid.

there is this vBulletin bug which has a fix, but I am unsure where to implement it in your code or even if it applies!

Thanks for the header idea, I have since moved it down into some white space where pudgy fingers on a small screen can hit it without zooming.

dartho 06 Feb 2012 21:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by F&R (Post 2296970)
Hi Dartho

your suggestion to remove <base href="{vb:raw vboptions.bburl}/" /> from the headinclude didn't work I'm afraid.

there is this vBulletin bug which has a fix, but I am unsure where to implement it in your code or even if it applies!

Thanks for the header idea, I have since moved it down into some white space where pudgy fingers on a small screen can hit it without zooming.

Check here for a fix to that:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...99#post2289299

F&R 06 Feb 2012 21:44

My bad, I was searching in templates, forgot to read the instructions.... :) Works now, ta muchly!

sevak 07 Feb 2012 18:53

not working on 4.1.10 saying its only for 4.1.8..:(

Ozymandyus 07 Feb 2012 19:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by sevak (Post 2297232)
not working on 4.1.10 saying its only for 4.1.8..:(

Just click the option to ignore version when you're doing the import. Problem solved.

Hippy 07 Feb 2012 20:20

working 100% with all versions including vb4.1.10

Hostboard 12 Feb 2012 00:29

My users are really enjoying this :) Some of them however still want to use the "PC Style". When they select this the style changes, but upon their next selection it reverts back to the mobile version. Any way to change that behavior?

Hippy 12 Feb 2012 00:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hostboard (Post 2298725)
My users are really enjoying this :) Some of them however still want to use the "PC Style". When they select this the style changes, but upon their next selection it reverts back to the mobile version. Any way to change that behavior?

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...99#post2289299

I don't even see pc style on mine but I know this it what dartho says will fix it a couple posts back

Breixo 15 Feb 2012 07:54

It also shows an "Invalid File Specified" message when trying to install this style on vB4.1.10, any idea why?
Thanks!

dartho 15 Feb 2012 12:00

clear your browser cache and download again and make sure you are using style manager, not product manager

Breixo 15 Feb 2012 12:24

Ups! Sorry, I just used the product manager. Now it works.
thanks!

wtfaatp 17 Feb 2012 07:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by dartho (Post 2289299)
If you wish to make this change manually, edit init.php and
search for:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

and replace with

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

and search for

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

and replace with


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

People are saying this logs them our every time the make a selection on the website..?
Basicly if they switch over the the "Full Site" they cant stay logged in> :\ Get the thank you for logging in and everything but when the return to the forum.php they are logged out.

dartho 17 Feb 2012 08:14

Are you saying this change to init.php does that?

wtfaatp 17 Feb 2012 12:09

No one said anything until I did it..

Either that or no one noticed till recent..

Either way it is happening tested this morning :\

dartho 17 Feb 2012 13:45

Those changes to init.php are direct from vBulletin to fix a vBuletin bug - nothing to do with me as such. Try reverting the changes and see what happens then.

deverill2010 19 Feb 2012 17:23

Dartho for some reason I am having trouble with this style and another mod ESB - http://www.midwiferyonline.co.uk/forum.php?styleid=8

I don't get why the sidebar is showing up in the mobile style..?

dartho 19 Feb 2012 21:03

Mods will generally apply to all styles, plugins don;t discriminate. If you have this sidebar mod http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=233871 it apparenly has options to disable it within certain styles. Otherwise, link me to which one you are using.

deverill2010 19 Feb 2012 21:06

Yep that's the one I have but the gold version. I'll have a look through the options now to see if I can find it.

deverill2010 19 Feb 2012 21:09

Ah lovely, I've done it. Ta

Hippy 19 Feb 2012 23:14

dartho..........................
Just wanted to shout out here and thank you once again for the great style (kills vb's ) :) and your great support...

deverill2010 20 Feb 2012 09:02

My Iphone doesn't detect this style when viewing in safari? How Can I get this to be enabled on all mobile phones but exclude the ipad?

I only want users to use this style or use my tapatalk app. I really don't want any mobile phones viewing the desktop version of my site as its is just not configured for phones.

Also did you manage to include the CMS? I know you talked about it quite a while back.

dartho 20 Feb 2012 10:01

WHat are you using for detection? There are bugs with teh detection side of things under the last few versions of vBulletin 4. vBulletin's fix for this is a previous page http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...99#post2289299

CMS is not straight forward as far as I can tell - go back a few pages and you'll find an attached CMS style you can try out (in a test style or site! - Not live )

deverill2010 20 Feb 2012 10:14

I have no idea what I'm using for detection.. Lol.

I originally installed this style like a year ago, so I can't remember what I've done but just recently deleted the style as I originally merged the newesy with the oldest and it screwed up. I have just reinstalled the latest style.

What detection script should I be using? (Will have a look at that link now). ty

dartho 20 Feb 2012 11:19

Nowadays I generaly tell people to use vBulletin's built in one - then I don't have to support it :)

@ngel 20 Feb 2012 11:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by dartho (Post 2301514)
Nowadays I generaly tell people to use vBulletin's built in one - then I don't have to support it :)

lol you've done a great job
I wish I had the time to customize it the way I want it...


All times are GMT. The time now is 00:58.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.14
Copyright © 2022, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All Rights Reserved. vBulletin® is a registered trademark of MH Sub I, LLC
Copyright ©2001 - , vbulletin.org. All rights reserved.