The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=237404

Thread Thumbnails
by Null Parameter
03 Mar 2010 18:24

7 Attachment(s)
Thread Thumbnails
Created By: Null Parameter

The Thread Thumbnails mod allows users of a forum to specify, in several possible ways, a thumbnail for their thread to be displayed on Forumdisplay thread list.

I had created the mod for vB 3.8, but people we're crying out for a ported version to vB4, and, thanks to help from several of the members, here it is!

Description of Features

Thumbnails are displayed on the Forumdisplay next to the threadicon.
In the ACP Options, assuming you are using the Auto-Template Edits, you can choose which side of the icon to display it on.

Forum Display Screenshot

When submitting a new thread or editing the first post of a thread, a thumbnail can be specified directly if the User Entered URL option is chosen in the ACP. Another option is to Require the thumbnail. If the thumbnail isn't required, it may be left blank by the user, and it can either not be shown at all on forumdisplay or be replaced by a default thumbnail image specified in the ACP.

New Thread Screenshot

Edit Post Screenshot

All available options in the ACP include...
  • Turn Off/On Thumbnails
  • Turn Off/On Auto-Template Edits
  • Which forums to use thumbnails in
  • Turn Off/On thumbnails on sticky threads
  • Require thumbnails (doesn't work with attachment option)
  • Choose to retrieve thumbnails from one of the following
    • User Entered URL
    • First Attachment
    • First Image in Post
  • Choose where thumbnail is displayed in threadbit (relies on Auto-Template Edits)
  • Thumbnail CSS Style
  • Specify No Thumbnail Replacement Image
ACP Options Screenshot

This version is also now using phrases, so it can more easily be translated!

Installation

Install the product XML file. That's it!

If you have a highly customized style, there is a chance that the auto-template edits will not work. In that case, you will need to make the template edits manually. See the included README for more details.

Thumbnail Style

The style for thumbnails is specified in the ACP. It is used to choose exactly how thumbnails will be displayed, including width, height, margins, borders and many other attributes.

The style is specified in CSS, and is applied directly to the HTML img tag.

Here are some examples of possible thumbnail styles, along with a description of what they will do. If you don't know much about CSS, you can learn more here.
  • Every thumbnail will have a width of 100 pixels, but be constrained to being a maximum of 150 pixels in height
    • width:100px;max-height:150px;
  • Every thumbnail will have a width of 120 pixels and have a margin of 3 pixels around the thumbnail, so that it doesn't touch any of the other elements in the threadbit
    • width:120px;margin:3px;
  • Thumbnails aren't allowed to exceed 150 pixels in either dimension, and are also mildly transparent
    • max-width:150px;max-height:150px;opacity:0.8;filter:alpha(opacity=80);
Note: Using CSS positioning attributes (i.e. position, float, clear, etc.) could mess up the threadbit structure, so beware.

FAQs

The version of this mod for vB 3.8 showed thumbnails in the search results. Where did they go?
The search system between vB 3.x and vB4 changed significantly. I didn't have the time to figure out the complexity of it, and was unable to find any examples of other mods that integrated into the search results.

If you know how this is done, feel free to contact me and we can work to get this feature back in!
Does this mod work for RTL Languages, such as Arabic?
There is a separate product XML file available for download that has the appropriate changes to support RTL languages.
When I choose the First Image in Post option, no thumbnails show up in my current threads. Why?
Thumbnails are only updated when a new thread is created or when the first post is edited. Parsing through every forum/thread whenever the options are changed could be disastrous for performance.

Luckily, a user of this mod, megamoose, created a script that you can use to help this out. I want this method to be known, but because I didn't write this, I make no promises that it will work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by megamoose (Post 1911383)
This should enable batch processing. I have tested it.
Change the $STEP_AMOUNT at the top to something lower if you still get errors
Remember this is for vB version 3.8
Always backup your data before running scripts like these

TO THOSE WHO HAVEN'T BEEN FOLLOWING THE CONVERSATION:
This script will go through all your existing posts and give them thumbnails, based on the First IMG in post option.

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Translations

Arabic

Versions

v3.1
  • Fix for Required Thumbnails
  • New feature to automatically use ALL Forums
v3.0
  • Support for vB4!
  • Use Phrases
  • Option to make Thumbnails Required
  • Option to select where to show the thumbnail on Forumdisplay
  • Option to specify the CSS Style of thumbnail images
Mod Support

I am fully willing to support this mod and continue to add new feature to it when they are desired enough to make them applicable to the product as a whole. The issue is that I do not have access to a vB4 installation, and therefore cannot develop.

Several people were gracious enough to offer up a test installation for me to use, and that is how this mod exists today. If any new features/fixes are wanted, other people will need to be just as gracious.

Also, since I don't own a vB4 instance, I'm supporting this strictly out of the kindness of my heart. So, if you wish to Support me as a developer, it would be much appreciated.

Enjoy!

Aclikyano 03 Mar 2010 18:37

thanks ill check it out! :)

Aceman 03 Mar 2010 18:41

not first.. but AWESOME!

Xtrigit 03 Mar 2010 19:06

OMG!!!!!!! Thank you so much! This is the ONLY MOD that made me downgrade to 3.8.4. I will test it later this week and see how it goes.

kalisekj 03 Mar 2010 19:43

Awesome A Must Have for me and most of my sites. Thank You! Now To Pray it works.

kalisekj 03 Mar 2010 20:04

OK First Bug as I can see now, I changed to before thread icon and now have 2 pics on the forum display page 1 before thread icon and 1 after thread icon. LOL

VBoptimize Users You Must Disable Cache Styles (Set It To No) then the thumbnails will work as needed. Also You need to Disable vB Optimise: Cache Templates so that you do not get multiple Thumbnails on Forum Thread Display. This is just a small part of vboptimize that is well worth turning off to get thumbnails to work.

Null Parameter 03 Mar 2010 20:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by kalisekj (Post 1996323)
OK First Bug as I can see now, I changed to before thread icon and now have 2 pics on the forum display page 1 before thread icon and 1 after thread icon. LOL

VBoptimize Users You Must Disable Cache Styles (Set It To No) then the thumbnails will work as needed. This is just a small part of vboptimize that is well worth turning off to get thumbnails to work.

LOL, I was just about to post that when you edited it in. vB Optimize goes behind vB's caching and caches the templates on it's own. This leads to cached templates receiving multiple edits when switching between Before/After Thread Icon.

akvaryumforum 03 Mar 2010 20:11

No Thumb selection not work. I just links to /attachment.php?attachmentid=&stc=1&thumb=1 al no thumbs.

Null Parameter 03 Mar 2010 20:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by akvaryumforum (Post 1996332)
No Thumb selection not work. I just links to /attachment.php?attachmentid=&stc=1&thumb=1 al no thumbs.

Ahh, nice catch. I have a separate code path for the attachments part. I'll add that in right away.

Deceptor 03 Mar 2010 20:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Null Parameter (Post 1996330)
LOL, I was just about to post that when you edited it in. vB Optimize goes behind vB's caching and caches the templates on it's own. This leads to cached templates receiving multiple edits when switching between Before/After Thread Icon.

Anything I can do to resolve that? :)

Null Parameter 03 Mar 2010 20:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Null Parameter (Post 1996336)
Ahh, nice catch. I have a separate code path for the attachments part. I'll add that in right away.

I uploaded a new version with this change. Go try it now, the First Attachment + No Thumbnail Image combo should work now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deceptor (Post 1996337)
Anything I can do to resolve that? :)

I'm not really sure, because I have no idea how vB Optimize works. :)
I was basing that answer/guess solely on the description of the mod. It really depends upon when and how the template caching is done vs how and when I do the auto-edits.

akvaryumforum 03 Mar 2010 20:29

The problem solved, now it's workin like a charm for me. :)

Null Parameter 03 Mar 2010 20:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by akvaryumforum (Post 1996345)

Good to hear! Let me know if you see anything else.

kalisekj 03 Mar 2010 20:45

deceptor read my thread above It tells what options to turn off in vboptimize to get the thumbnails to show properly.

Deceptor 03 Mar 2010 20:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Null Parameter (Post 1996343)
I uploaded a new version with this change. Go try it now, the First Attachment + No Thumbnail Image combo should work now.

I'm not really sure, because I have no idea how vB Optimize works. :)
I was basing that answer/guess solely on the description of the mod. It really depends upon when and how the template caching is done vs how and when I do the auto-edits.

The cache doesn't intrude really, it basically stops vBulletin from querying templates. The templates are still placed in the array as they normally would.

Null Parameter 03 Mar 2010 21:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deceptor (Post 1996366)
The cache doesn't intrude really, it basically stops vBulletin from querying templates. The templates are still placed in the array as they normally would.

The issue is that the auto-template edits edited the cached template, then the options changed to make the edit in a different place in the template. Instead of the second edit replacing the first one, they both remained intact.

Null Parameter 03 Mar 2010 21:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by kalisekj (Post 1996355)
deceptor read my thread above It tells what options to turn off in vboptimize to get the thumbnails to show properly.

He's the Developer of vB Optimize, that's why he asked if he could help ;)

kalisekj 03 Mar 2010 21:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Null Parameter (Post 1996377)
He's the Developer of vB Optimize, that's why he asked if he could help ;)

I thought his name looked familiar. I hope between the 2 of you something can be resolved so I can turn those 2 features back on in vboptimize. WooHoo!

Aceman 03 Mar 2010 21:19

Is there a way to turn OFF thread icons if a threads thumbnails are showing (auto template edits on)? If not it would be a great option. I suppose I could just edit the template.

akvaryumforum 03 Mar 2010 21:22

Is it possible to add function like this zoom?

http://www.simplebits.com/bits/photo_zoom.html

Null Parameter 03 Mar 2010 21:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aceman (Post 1996387)
Is there a way to turn OFF thread icons if a threads thumbnails are showing (auto template edits on)? If not it would be a great option. I suppose I could just edit the template.

Theoretically, I could probably do that.
Maybe make a third Location option, "Replace Threadicon".

Null Parameter 03 Mar 2010 21:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by akvaryumforum (Post 1996389)
Is it possible to add function like this zoom?

http://www.simplebits.com/bits/photo_zoom.html

That's been talked about before. It's a definite possibility, if I can find a good way to do it with straight CSS, then I might add it in.

Deceptor 04 Mar 2010 01:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Null Parameter (Post 1996375)
The issue is that the auto-template edits edited the cached template, then the options changed to make the edit in a different place in the template. Instead of the second edit replacing the first one, they both remained intact.

I'll look into your mod here and see what can be done :)

Null Parameter 04 Mar 2010 01:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.osamA (Post 1996435)
2- old thread steel without thumb ... can you make something like SQL order to fix all threads plzz?

I'm not sure that I understand the problem. Could you please explain it in more detail?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.osamA (Post 1996449)
ahhhha

for 1st bug

fix:

find template thread_thumbnail_threadbit
delete all entries and pest this code:

this is for forums using lan. Righit to left as Arabic

plzz Null Parameter can i translate the mod to Arabic and add it here ?? your permission plzz

Thanks for finding the fix to that. I'm adding a RTL version of the product XML file to the thread.

Yes, you may translate it and I can edit that into the thread as well.

Null Parameter 04 Mar 2010 02:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deceptor (Post 1996531)
I'll look into your mod here and see what can be done :)

Thanks. Theoretically it shouldn't be too big of an issue, so don't beat yourself up about it. It should only happen when switching that one particular option, and most people choose one and let it be. I think a workaround might be that, when you change the option, you disable the template caching in vB Optimize, load the forumdisplay once and then re-enable it.

Greight 04 Mar 2010 05:27

Can the "user avatar" be placed as the thumbnail in some way?

ThomasR 04 Mar 2010 06:53

Thanks a lot of this plugin and all the improvment you did (ACP, thumbnail URL, etc...)
Now, I can switch my forum to vb4! :)

Null Parameter 04 Mar 2010 15:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.osamA (Post 1996963)
i meant how i can add Thumbnails to all old threads as in one click no one by one
Proposal = you can make SQL order to make this changes

There's a script that another member wrote in the FAQs section of the thread to help with this.

I'll add the translated version to the thread.

Mike_K 04 Mar 2010 18:06

Perfect... and nominated!

shooptek 06 Mar 2010 00:56

This is awesome, but I wish there was a way to separate the titles of the thread and the information about it a few pixels away from the thumbnail, as it looks a bit akward. Any clues?

Null Parameter 06 Mar 2010 01:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by shooptek (Post 1998122)
This is awesome, but I wish there was a way to separate the titles of the thread and the information about it a few pixels away from the thumbnail, as it looks a bit akward. Any clues?

Yep! Use the Thumbnail Style field and add a margin on the thumbnails.

For instance, if you wanted to have your thumbnails be spaced 3 pixels away from the title, you could use:

margin-right:3px;

shooptek 06 Mar 2010 01:15

Perfect. Thanks for the help!

matthieugoua 06 Mar 2010 12:26

Thank you for this mod, I'd love to know if it was possible to add a mod this system to scroll past the thumbnails in the forumhome

Sorry for my bad english i am french

Null Parameter 06 Mar 2010 21:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by matthieugoua (Post 1998392)
Thank you for this mod, I'd love to know if it was possible to add a mod this system to scroll past the thumbnails in the forumhome

Sorry for my bad english i am french

Yes, it would definitely be possible. I'm not sure if I would take the time to make one myself, but just in case, could you find an example somewhere of what you mean by "scroll past the thumbnails", so I know exactly what you mean.

phkk 06 Mar 2010 21:42

Do they have VBoptimize for Vbullet 4?

phkk 06 Mar 2010 22:23

Please show me the script or sql command to add by 1 click

)i can add Thumbnails to all old threads as in one click )

Null Parameter 06 Mar 2010 23:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by phkk (Post 1998717)
Do they have VBoptimize for Vbullet 4?

Yes, just do a search for it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by phkk (Post 1998737)
Please show me the script or sql command to add by 1 click

)i can add Thumbnails to all old threads as in one click )

Read the first post, it's right in there.

phkk 07 Mar 2010 01:03

I don't want to manually click to continue. Do you have something AUTOMATIC Process to the next page

Kreyg 07 Mar 2010 12:02

I had a question about this. I encourage my users who like to keep up on the new posts to use our "whats new" tab. is there anyway that the thumbnails can be added to that page as well? Is this at all possible?

Greight 07 Mar 2010 17:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greight (Post 1996640)
Can the "user avatar" be placed as the thumbnail in some way?

Possible?

rmxs 07 Mar 2010 19:22

Hello,

Mod works :)

i have on question how is possible to remove threadicons at the forums where i have enable the mod?

Null Parameter 08 Mar 2010 00:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by phkk (Post 1998788)
I don't want to manually click to continue. Do you have something AUTOMATIC Process to the next page

No, I don't have anything else.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kreyg (Post 1999019)
I had a question about this. I encourage my users who like to keep up on the new posts to use our "whats new" tab. is there anyway that the thumbnails can be added to that page as well? Is this at all possible?

Yes, that would probably be possible. Something that I'll look into.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greight (Post 1999218)
Possible?

Yes, I'm sure that would be possible. I'll look into it for a future option.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmxs (Post 1999291)
Hello,

i have on question how is possible to remove threadicons at the forums where i have enable the mod?

I'm working on an option right now to do exactly that.

Greight 08 Mar 2010 03:30

Quote:

Yes, I'm sure that would be possible. I'll look into it for a future option.
Thank you. I'm waiting impatiently.

rmxs 08 Mar 2010 08:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Null Parameter (Post 1999500)

Thanks im waiting for the new release..

Aceman 10 Mar 2010 01:27

Looking forward to the update. Great job Null Parameter - your a life/site saver.

angeljs 13 Mar 2010 19:49

Thank you, thank you, thank you! You've no idea how much I was wanting this! :D

TCB 17 Mar 2010 00:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Null Parameter (Post 1999500)
Quote:

cool! that would make this mod almost perfect

resize
by xony
19 Mar 2010 00:50

Hi, the mod works fine me, but I have a problem, one is to align the images, to make square, deformed tables either wide or tall. thanks.

Jabong82 19 Mar 2010 01:24

Hi is there any way to have it default show on all forums as opposed to entering each individual ID? I have a ton of sub-forums and they are always changing. Thanks again.

Cadellin 19 Mar 2010 22:55

Great mod but all my users are having problems when trying to create a new thread - they're being asked to add a link to the thumbnail even when no thumbnail URL box is available even though thumbnails aren't enabled on that board.

I've uninstalled in the meantime but a fix would be great :)

Thanks

rmxs 19 Mar 2010 23:21

Question..
Is possible to add a border around the image?
something like border:2px black; or image border

Thanks

mitch84 20 Mar 2010 05:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cadellin (Post 2006752)
Great mod but all my users are having problems when trying to create a new thread - they're being asked to add a link to the thumbnail even when no thumbnail URL box is available even though thumbnails aren't enabled on that board.

Thanks

in parameter:
Are Thumbnails Required? NO
Thumbnail Source: first image in post
try and says me, thx

gurler 20 Mar 2010 08:19

thank you. it works fine.

but if the "first image in post" selected, it's not working on [IMG] which shows external images.

another problem is:
may it get the thumbnail form second post, third post or fourth post or later post if no images or attachments available in first post.

Cadellin 21 Mar 2010 00:11

To clarify my settings were:

Are Thumbnails Required: Yes,
Thumbnail Source: User Entered URL

TCB 22 Mar 2010 11:39

1 Attachment(s)
In my forum (where I have activated this mod), it looks like the alignment of the threadthumbnails is wrong. Instead of being aligned to the right, left (or right) from the threadicon, it is placed somewhere in the middle, forcing the rest of the row to be placed on the next line.

I have tested this on a new, non altered style with the Automatic Template Edits enabled.

TCB 25 Mar 2010 19:52

Does anyone have this one working properly?

Null Parameter 25 Mar 2010 22:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCB (Post 2010212)
Does anyone have this one working properly?

Yes, there are plenty that have posted saying it is working, and others that I have talked to saying the same thing. For example:

Quote:

Originally Posted by akvaryumforum (Post 1996345)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike_K (Post 1997118)
Perfect... and nominated!

Quote:

Originally Posted by shooptek (Post 1998122)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmxs (Post 1999291)
Hello,

Null Parameter 25 Mar 2010 22:08

Sorry for the really long delay. I've been working on my own stuff, and as I said, I'm doing this all out of the kindness of my heart, because I don't even have a vB4 Forum.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jabong82 (Post 2006189)
Hi is there any way to have it default show on all forums as opposed to entering each individual ID? I have a ton of sub-forums and they are always changing. Thanks again.

That's something I could definitely look into adding and shouldn't be too difficult.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cadellin (Post 2006752)

Thanks

Hmmm...... So you're saying that you have Thumbnails Required, but you don't even have thumbnails activated on that forum?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmxs (Post 2006767)
Question..
Is possible to add a border around the image?
something like border:2px black; or image border

Thanks

Yep:
border-width:2px;border-color:black;

Quote:

Originally Posted by gurler (Post 2006915)
thank you. it works fine.

but if the "first image in post" selected, it's not working on [IMG] which shows external images.

another problem is:
may it get the thumbnail form second post, third post or fourth post or later post if no images or attachments available in first post.

Not sure exactly what you mean by external images, I only ever used images hosted on other sites when I did my testing. And I'm sorry to say it, but getting the image from other posts really isn't possible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCB (Post 2008037)
In my forum (where I have activated this mod), it looks like the alignment of the threadthumbnails is wrong. Instead of being aligned to the right, left (or right) from the threadicon, it is placed somewhere in the middle, forcing the rest of the row to be placed on the next line.

I have tested this on a new, non altered style with the Automatic Template Edits enabled.

What version of vB4 are you using? It's possible that the templates differed between versions and could mess with the Auto-Edits.

Cadellin 27 Mar 2010 20:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Null Parameter (Post 2010258)

Hmmm...... So you're saying that you have Thumbnails Required, but you don't even have thumbnails activated on that forum?

Yeah - my users are getting a "Thumbnail Required" error when trying to create threads in forums that don't have thumbnails enabled.

Verionia 04 Apr 2010 21:35

This is working for me, but I wanted to know if I can increase the height of .threadbit .alt { because there's a big gap from where the image stretches it.

bluecat 04 Apr 2010 23:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCB (Post 2008037)

I have the same problem. I've also went through and manually edited it and still have the alignment messed up. I am however using a custom template. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks (I'm also using 4.0.2)

mrt12345 09 Apr 2010 18:50

Hello i don't get the table in (Post New Thread) I have a light mod color template from vb. and i did manually install in/editpost/newthread/threadbit/ like in the instructions. any ides thanks

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...Bulletin-4.0.2

Cadellin 12 Apr 2010 22:41

Any idea what might be causing my problem Null Parameter? I really like the mod but I just can't use it at the moment.

ellinofatsa 24 Apr 2010 09:42

<vb:if condition="$show['deletepostoption']">
<form class="vbform block" action="editpost.php?do=deletepost&amp;p={vb:raw postid}" method="post">
<h2 class="blockhead">{vb:rawphrase delete_this_message}</h2>
<div class="blockbody formcontrols">
<h3 class="blocksubhead">{vb:rawphrase delete_message_check_appropriate_option}</h3>
<div class="section">
<vb:if condition="$show['thumbnailurl']">
<div class="blockrow">
<label for="thumbnailurl">{vb:phrase thumbnail_url}:</label>
<input type="text" name="thumbnailurl" id="thumbnailurl" class="primary textbox" value="{vb:raw threadinfo.thumbnailurl}" maxlength="250" />
</div>
</vb:if

hello i cant see the table thumbnail_url
any help ?

Verionia 30 Apr 2010 03:14

using 4.03 and can't edit the thumbnail as I could in 4.02

setishock 30 Apr 2010 07:17

http://animeappeal.com/forumdisplay....rld&order=desc
I got bored at the grind tonight so I added this mod in to my forum. Set it up and set the thumbnail size limits. Bada bing, bada boom, worked as advertised right from the gate.
I did find that by just clicking on edit then save without making any changes works to get the thumbnail to show up in old threads. I was about to scrap my forum but with this little toy to play with I just might keep the doors open.
Nicely done!

tlwwolfseye 30 Apr 2010 15:19

What are the manual edits for a custom Theme to make this mod work ? Just installed a new Theme and now it doesn't show the Thumbnails. I would appreciate this Information.

Null Parameter 30 Apr 2010 16:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cadellin (Post 2020172)
Any idea what might be causing my problem Null Parameter? I really like the mod but I just can't use it at the moment.

Yes, actually. I just posted a new version with a fix for this. Enjoy!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Verionia (Post 2029341)
using 4.03 and can't edit the thumbnail as I could in 4.02

I don't have a 4.03 instance to test with, so I can't see what differences might be causing this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by setishock (Post 2029415)
http://animeappeal.com/forumdisplay....rld&order=desc
I got bored at the grind tonight so I added this mod in to my forum. Set it up and set the thumbnail size limits. Bada bing, bada boom, worked as advertised right from the gate.
I did find that by just clicking on edit then save without making any changes works to get the thumbnail to show up in old threads. I was about to scrap my forum but with this little toy to play with I just might keep the doors open.
Nicely done!

Very nice to hear! Hope you keep enjoying it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tlwwolfseye (Post 2029568)
What are the manual edits for a custom Theme to make this mod work ? Just installed a new Theme and now it doesn't show the Thumbnails. I would appreciate this Information.

Look at the README.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jabong82 (Post 2006189)

I added an option in the latest version where you can enter 'ALL' in the forums list and every forum will use it.

tlwwolfseye 30 Apr 2010 18:44

Ok, thanks.

But for example:

Quote:

# editpost

* Find
<div class="blockrow">
<label id="editor_message">
I don't have that exactly as described in my "editpost" template. That first part "<div class="blockrow"> i have more often, but with different things after it. What now ?

Null Parameter 30 Apr 2010 19:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by tlwwolfseye (Post 2029668)
Ok, thanks.

But for example:

I don't have that exactly as described in my "editpost" template. That first part "<div class="blockrow"> i have more often, but with different things after it. What now ?

Yeah, Mike_K just upgraded the test board he has setup for me to 4.0.3, and they demolished the templates. I'm gonna have to redo most of the template editing. :mad:

Verionia 01 May 2010 01:05

fixed now or no?

Null Parameter 01 May 2010 01:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Verionia (Post 2029838)
fixed now or no?

No, I have to redo a large portion of the template edits, and I have a day job, family, etc. Not sure exactly when I'll find the time.

maidos 03 May 2010 00:13

First Image In Post: feature doesnt work
when i tried adding the [img] on my thread there isnt any thumbnail at all
started several new threads but with no result
this is using vb default skin, i tried changing option for
User Entered URL
that also wont work

maidos 05 May 2010 11:40

bump
and also using 4.0.3

leia 09 May 2010 22:59

Thank you for the mod! The mod is half-working for me... When I just post a new thread, there's no thumbnail. However, if I edit the thread, the thumbnail appears. Do you have any ideas of what I would need to do to make it work? I have it set to take the first image URL from the thread. I am using 4.0.2.

hotfilepro 16 May 2010 12:51

Hello,
Thank you for this mod.
Can you please develop it more further functions :) ?
For me, I really like this feature : Mouse hovers over thumbnail, then large preview pops up,when you hover over the thumbs, it is automatically shown in FULL or larger SIZE.
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/external/2010/05/34.jpg
It can't be greater if the product has this !!!
Again, thank you !

MrD 17 May 2010 13:17

Hi,
is there an Option to Displayed Out the Statusicon in the Forums, who the Addon is enabled?

share4vn.com 17 May 2010 17:47

1 Attachment(s)
SHOW THUMBNAILURL IN EDIT THREAD

Edit editpost temp
Find:

Add below:

FIX Required Thumbnails function:

maidos 18 May 2010 07:52

thanks alot, that fixed the issue :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by share4vn.com (Post 2038601)
SHOW THUMBNAILURL IN EDIT THREAD

Edit editpost temp
Find:

Add below:

FIX Required Thumbnails function:

steve71 30 May 2010 15:34

Excellent mod thanks. I was wondering if in a future update we could limit thumbnails to specific user groups as well?

theOZer 30 May 2010 17:34

Thank you, Null Parameter. This is a priceless mod that greatly enhances any and all forums that have attachments tied to threads. I'm running vB4.0.3 and the mod install went effortlessly, smoothly, and IT WORKS! I set this mod up to display ALL forums, First Attachment, and, from the get go, it started displaying the thumbnails.
Thank you, thank you, thank you, Null Parameter.

RedFoxy 30 May 2010 20:52

1 Attachment(s)
I fixed the install file to go with lastes vb 4.x

Globe 02 Jun 2010 20:42

hmm there are still the forum icons is there anyway to remove that?

Globe 03 Jun 2010 21:28

whe i post a thread with a image it doesnt show so i have to edit the post and after that (create new post>create>edit) it show up why?

Dark_Wizard 07 Jun 2010 14:55

There is a problem with your preg_match selecting "First Image In Post", some pic's don't show and this is the properties of the blank images:

http://www.imagebanana.com/img/54s2q80t/blah.png[/IMG][/URL]%20[URL=

This is based on how the poster adds the image.

Aceman 08 Jun 2010 12:38

The addon is working fine on my site. However, I really need a way to turn OFF Threadicons when the thumbnails are used. It would reallly make the layout of my site look alot nicer. I updated my site to the latest version today and all well.. however that option isn't available.

Null mentioned a "Replace threadicon" which would be ideal!!

Thanks

Dark_Wizard 08 Jun 2010 12:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aceman (Post 2050400)
The addon is working fine on my site. However, I really need a way to turn OFF Threadicons when the thumbnails are used. It would reallly make the layout of my site look alot nicer. I updated my site to the latest version today and all well.. however that option isn't available.

Null mentioned a "Replace threadicon" which would be ideal!!

Thanks

Working fine? How are you using this, url or first post? Just went to your site and I see no images in "3D Gallery" just a box with the x in it.....turning off thread icons is simple and I will post a quick way to do it very shortly.

Dark_Wizard 08 Jun 2010 13:18

To turn off Thread Icons do the following in threadbit template:

find:

change to this:

Tested and working fine.

Aceman 08 Jun 2010 14:26

1 Attachment(s)
You must be registered to see the images.

Dark_Wizard 08 Jun 2010 14:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aceman (Post 2050446)
You must be registered to see the images.

Then this hack needs more work, nothing should show if the user isn't registered....

Aceman 08 Jun 2010 14:46

You know.. I think the icon I need to hide is the thread status icon.. the one that shows if it's a new or old thread. I'm to figure out if it's possible to remove that.

Additionally, I may try and add a conditional that if you are unregistered, then threadthumbnails don't display.

Winter Sonata 08 Jun 2010 15:34

will this take effect to the older threads ? or only will apply to the new ones ?

Dark_Wizard 08 Jun 2010 15:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winter Sonata (Post 2050485)
will this take effect to the older threads ? or only will apply to the new ones ?

Can you be more specific? Are you asking about the threadicons I added above?

Dark_Wizard 08 Jun 2010 15:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aceman (Post 2050463)
You know.. I think the icon I need to hide is the thread status icon.. the one that shows if it's a new or old thread. I'm to figure out if it's possible to remove that.

Additionally, I may try and add a conditional that if you are unregistered, then threadthumbnails don't display.

I'll post working code as soon as my damn server is backup... :mad:

Dark_Wizard 08 Jun 2010 20:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aceman (Post 2050463)

Here you go...in threadbit do the following:

find:

change to this:

james shadle 08 Jun 2010 22:23

Hello,
I'm new at this.
How do I run the script to repopulate the thumbnails after switching to "first image in post"?
Thanks!!!

Dark_Wizard 09 Jun 2010 00:25

There is a script that is posted to do this for you otherwise you need to edit every first post to get it to work....

james shadle 09 Jun 2010 02:37

Thanks.
I saw the script. I just don't know how to run it.
James

martin1 11 Jun 2010 16:09

After upgrade from vbulletin 4.0.2 to 4.0.3 pl1 , hack showed only thumbnails, on thread edit there were no edit link to the picture line, so I unninstalled it and import it again, but now nothing happening!

On 4.0.2 I used 3.0.0. version that worked fine.

Daniel_HBK 13 Jun 2010 17:22

WOW great hack !! , Installed + 5 Stars + nominated MOTM

can you make it for vbadvanced news module ?