vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=237404

Null Parameter 03 Mar 2010 21:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deceptor (Post 1996366)
The cache doesn't intrude really, it basically stops vBulletin from querying templates. The templates are still placed in the array as they normally would.

The issue is that the auto-template edits edited the cached template, then the options changed to make the edit in a different place in the template. Instead of the second edit replacing the first one, they both remained intact.

Null Parameter 03 Mar 2010 21:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by kalisekj (Post 1996355)
deceptor read my thread above It tells what options to turn off in vboptimize to get the thumbnails to show properly.

He's the Developer of vB Optimize, that's why he asked if he could help ;)

kalisekj 03 Mar 2010 21:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Null Parameter (Post 1996377)
He's the Developer of vB Optimize, that's why he asked if he could help ;)

I thought his name looked familiar. I hope between the 2 of you something can be resolved so I can turn those 2 features back on in vboptimize. WooHoo!

Aceman 03 Mar 2010 21:19

Is there a way to turn OFF thread icons if a threads thumbnails are showing (auto template edits on)? If not it would be a great option. I suppose I could just edit the template.

akvaryumforum 03 Mar 2010 21:22

Is it possible to add function like this zoom?

http://www.simplebits.com/bits/photo_zoom.html

Null Parameter 03 Mar 2010 21:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aceman (Post 1996387)
Is there a way to turn OFF thread icons if a threads thumbnails are showing (auto template edits on)? If not it would be a great option. I suppose I could just edit the template.

Theoretically, I could probably do that.
Maybe make a third Location option, "Replace Threadicon".

Null Parameter 03 Mar 2010 21:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by akvaryumforum (Post 1996389)
Is it possible to add function like this zoom?

http://www.simplebits.com/bits/photo_zoom.html

That's been talked about before. It's a definite possibility, if I can find a good way to do it with straight CSS, then I might add it in.

Deceptor 04 Mar 2010 01:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Null Parameter (Post 1996375)
The issue is that the auto-template edits edited the cached template, then the options changed to make the edit in a different place in the template. Instead of the second edit replacing the first one, they both remained intact.

I'll look into your mod here and see what can be done :)

Null Parameter 04 Mar 2010 01:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.osamA (Post 1996435)
2- old thread steel without thumb ... can you make something like SQL order to fix all threads plzz?

I'm not sure that I understand the problem. Could you please explain it in more detail?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.osamA (Post 1996449)
ahhhha

for 1st bug

fix:

find template thread_thumbnail_threadbit
delete all entries and pest this code:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

this is for forums using lan. Righit to left as Arabic

plzz Null Parameter can i translate the mod to Arabic and add it here ?? your permission plzz

Thanks for finding the fix to that. I'm adding a RTL version of the product XML file to the thread.

Yes, you may translate it and I can edit that into the thread as well.

Null Parameter 04 Mar 2010 02:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deceptor (Post 1996531)
I'll look into your mod here and see what can be done :)

Thanks. Theoretically it shouldn't be too big of an issue, so don't beat yourself up about it. It should only happen when switching that one particular option, and most people choose one and let it be. I think a workaround might be that, when you change the option, you disable the template caching in vB Optimize, load the forumdisplay once and then re-enable it.

Greight 04 Mar 2010 05:27

Can the "user avatar" be placed as the thumbnail in some way?

ThomasR 04 Mar 2010 06:53

Thanks a lot of this plugin and all the improvment you did (ACP, thumbnail URL, etc...)
Now, I can switch my forum to vb4! :)

Null Parameter 04 Mar 2010 15:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.osamA (Post 1996963)
i meant how i can add Thumbnails to all old threads as in one click no one by one
Proposal = you can make SQL order to make this changes

There's a script that another member wrote in the FAQs section of the thread to help with this.

I'll add the translated version to the thread.

Mike_K 04 Mar 2010 18:06

Perfect... and nominated!

shooptek 06 Mar 2010 00:56

This is awesome, but I wish there was a way to separate the titles of the thread and the information about it a few pixels away from the thumbnail, as it looks a bit akward. Any clues?