vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=208488

chatzworld 17 May 2009 12:50

i have installed but twitter comes up with ERROR int he updates?

Ohiosweetheart 22 May 2009 15:48

This is a good idea. I'll be trying it out over the weekend.

BackSideSA 25 May 2009 05:12

worked for me!

GrossKopf 25 May 2009 13:25

Well, other people have posted this, but there's been no reply, so I'll post it too.

My RSS feed is correct: http://flotgaming.net/forums/external.php?f=43

If I run the task manually, I get the error: Error: RSS file not found, dude

Any fix for this?

BackSideSA 02 Jun 2009 05:00

correction... only works some of the times... i sometimes find that a single thread is posted up to 15 times in a row... most of the time it works, just not as frequent as i hoped.

Kolbi 06 Jun 2009 08:24

When i manually do the cron, Im getting this failure message:
Quote:

vBulletin to Twitter Task
ASS Stellmotor defekt ? http://tinyurl.com/o25xch
Fatal error: Call to undefined function curl_init() in /mnt/web5/32/91/5940491/htdocs/includes/cron/twitask.php on line 28

need to send multiple select forums to twitter, not just one.
by SegWayne
06 Jun 2009 15:31

First, thanks for the mod.

My question is this.. I have 10 different "news forums" segmented by category (see http://www.amiga.org).

ie:
----
Amiga News and Community Announcements (http://amiga.org/forums/external.php?f=2)
- Amiga Events (http://amiga.org/forums/external.php?f=35)
- Amiga.org site announcements (http://amiga.org/forums/external.php?f=16)

.... and so forth.

The problem is that the primary (container) forum is #2, but http://www.amiga.org/forums/external.php?f=2 does not show any of the RSS feeds for its sub-forums.

I need a way to select multiple forum feeds for broadcast to twitter, but NOT have to show all of the forums on the site, since all other forums are used for general discussion.

Thanks,

Wayne Hunt
Amiga.org

SegWayne 06 Jun 2009 15:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by raaowdot (Post 1769657)
I've resorted to using the twitterfeed.com

Sorry for the off topic here, but I am running 3.8.2 with RSS enabled. That part works, but no matter what I do, I cannot get twitterfeed to "parse the RSS URL". It refuses, no matter whether I use;

http://www.amiga.org/forums/external.php?f=38&type=rss
http://www.amiga.org/forums/external.php?f=38&type=rss2
http://www.amiga.org/forums/external.php?f=38&type=xml

or even

http://www.amiga.org/forums/external.php

Says something about "netscape stopped supporting this DTD in 2007" when I use RSS, otherwise, gives no ideas WHY it won't validate.

If I can't submit multiples through the request above this one, I sure would appreciate some help trying to figure out why twitterfeed hates me :)

Thanks,

Wayne Hunt
Amiga.org

Kolbi 08 Jun 2009 12:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kolbi (Post 1824342)
vBulletin to Twitter Task
ASS Stellmotor defekt ? http://tinyurl.com/o25xch
Fatal error: Call to undefined function curl_init() in /mnt/web5/32/91/5940491/htdocs/includes/cron/twitask.php on line 28

My problem isnt solved yet.

SegWayne 09 Jun 2009 11:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by SegWayne (Post 1824493)
First, thanks for the mod.

My question is this.. I have 10 different "news forums" segmented by category (see http://www.amiga.org).

ie:
----
Amiga News and Community Announcements (http://amiga.org/forums/external.php?f=2)
- Amiga Events (http://amiga.org/forums/external.php?f=35)
- Amiga.org site announcements (http://amiga.org/forums/external.php?f=16)

.... and so forth.

The problem is that the primary (container) forum is #2, but http://www.amiga.org/forums/external.php?f=2 does not show any of the RSS feeds for its sub-forums.

I need a way to select multiple forum feeds for broadcast to twitter, but NOT have to show all of the forums on the site, since all other forums are used for general discussion.

Thanks,

Wayne Hunt
Amiga.org

:bump:

SBlueman 10 Jun 2009 12:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by gordietbh (Post 1811982)
You will also need to set the refresh time on your RSS feed in vboptions to 0 if you want to ensure that every new thread is updated to your twitted feed. If the refresh time is 60 minutes you will only have the latest thread submitted every hour when the RSS cache is refreshed.

How do you set this to 0?

Bram H 11 Jun 2009 08:11

Pretty annoying that this message pops up for so many people:
Quote:

Error: RSS file not found, dude
If this mod is supported why isnt there any reply from the dev in months? Don't want to sound ungrateful or something, i respect all that can create such fantastic vB mods, but this sounds like a graveyard modification to me, sorry

***uninstalled***

SBlueman 12 Jun 2009 01:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kolbi (Post 1824342)
When i manually do the cron, Im getting this failure message:

I am getting the same kind of error:
Quote:

vBulletin to Twitter Task
[Rams] Rams Pass On RB's Edgerrin James, Warrick Dunn? http://tinyurl.com/l4laoz
Fatal error: Call to undefined function curl_init() in /home/sblueman/public_html/forums/includes/cron/twitask.php on line 44
***UPDATE***

I was able to fix this error by adding cURL to apache.

SBlueman 12 Jun 2009 04:15

I do have another question.....right now the cron job runs once a minute on my site....but it will only post 1 story per minute. There are times on my site that we may break multiple NFL news stories in that time span (we have a staff of news hounds). Is there a way for this modification to make sure it posts ALL missing stories in that minute span?

FYI....I am using the twitask.php file that gordietbh posted on page four of this thread.

Kolbi 12 Jun 2009 11:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by SBlueman (Post 1828001)

I was able to fix this error by adding cURL to apache.

The problem is that im running my board on a hostet package.


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:20.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.14
Copyright © 2021, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All Rights Reserved. vBulletin® is a registered trademark of MH Sub I, LLC
Copyright ©2001 - , vbulletin.org. All rights reserved.