vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=242733

[DBTech] Advanced User Tagging v3 (vB4)
by DragonByte Tech
17 May 2010 23:12

3 Attachment(s)
Advanced @User Tagging: What is it?

DragonByte Technologies is proud to present [DBTech] Advanced @User Tagging.

The @user Tagging mod is designed to increase activity on your forum by allowing members to mention each other in posts when talking about them.
This is done in a very easy way, very similar to how Twitter mentions people. We use @ ; as the tags, so for instance you could say:
----
This new mod from @Dragonbyte Tech; is pretty cool.
----
The “@DragonByte Tech;” Will become a link to the DragonByte Tech users profile, it will also inform DragonByte Tech they had been mentioned, and link to the relevant thread/post via a new area in the profile section, as well as a new tab in the shoutbox.

It also allows members to “tag” the thread for specific other members by inputting their usernames in the tag box above the posts of the thread.

This is a great way to increase your forum activity with no extra admin input required – people will start to mention posts/threads to their friends, which will increase the amount of posting. This is especially useful of forums which have an international contingent (so threads posted in during the night for some of your members don't go overlooked) or forums which have a lot of posts/threads each day – again to make sure that a post a person might want to read doesn't get lost in the crowd.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you like this mod please hit the https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/external/2015/08/1.png button to the right ---->

Please remember to click the, https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/external/2015/08/2.png button to the right if you installed the mod ---->

What does 'Marking As Installed' do ?

* It helps you to stay on top of updates - members who have installed modifications will be notified by us whenever new updates are available.

For security issues - vbulletin.org will contact all members who have installed a modification whenever a security issue is brought to their attention.

* Marking a modification as installed also helps us know how many people are using our work, giving us extra incentive to provide more features and new modifications.

We appreciate the support!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Priority support & Product Demos available at: http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/forum.php

Major Features
Twitter-style @ "Mentions": Typing @username produces a "Mention" that will alert the user to your post, as well as link to their profile.

Quote Alerts: Members you quote will be alerted, ensuring that discussions can continue smoothly even if they left the thread.

Profile Integration: Displays Mentions, Tags and Quotes in profile tabs for quick overview of a member's activities within the mod.

Complete Feature List
Lite

Emails:
  • Email alerts for all features
  • Globally disable emails for any of the features
General Features:
  • Ability to disable Thread Tag list entirely for guests
  • Globally disable any of the features
General:
  • Statistics Page: Top X Thread Tagged, Top X Mentioned (Lite locked to Top 5)
  • "Mention" alerts: Type @username to mention someone, and link to their profile. Email & forum notification
  • Quote alerts: Email & forum notification
  • Tag an user in a thread to alert them to the thread via a box above threads
  • View list of tagged users above threads, with link to see all tags
  • Profile Tabs: Lists both incoming and outgoing mentions, quotes and thread tags
  • Shoutbox Integration: New Shoutbox Tab to list incoming mentions & tags
  • Control how many users to display in inline tag list
  • Turn statistics page on & off
  • Control BBCode for mentioned usernames (Underline only)
  • Control [DBTech] vBShout integration
  • Turn features on & off per category
  • Globally disable email alerts
  • Ability to set maximum mentions per post (default: unlimited)
Pro
  • Hash Tags:
    • One-click (un)subscribe to hash tags via the post list page
    • Clicking a hashtag shows all posts tagged with that word.
    • (vB4) Forum Sidebar widget with Recent and Trending hash tags
    • Control number of Recent / Trending hash tags
    • Control time span for Recent / Trending hash tags (x Hours/Days/Weeks)
    • Control stat weights given to individual users using the hash tag, and number of uses in total (for the Trending score)
    • Control display of number of users, number of uses and trending score
    • Deny usergroups access to sidebar block
    Emails:
    • Per-user email disable for any of the 4 features
    General Features:
    • Ability to Mention and Thread Tag whole usergroups by typing their name. Per-UG permission to disable Mentions / Thread Tags for this UG.
    General:
  • Ability to tag all your friends by checking a checkbox instead of typing out usernames
  • Ability to tag and mention all usergroups by typing out the usergroup name, permissions control what UGs can be mentioned and tagged
  • Turn off alerts from everyone except friends
  • Hide forum notifications for individual features
  • Turn off email alerts for individual features
  • Hash tags, Twitter-style, add a topic to your post, sends notification to subscribed users
  • (vB4) Forum Sidebar block with Recent & Trending hash tags
  • (vB4) Works with the Mobile Style (4.1.12+)
  • Turn tag list off
  • Control number of users displayed on Top X Stats
  • Hide "@" on mentions
  • Additional BBCode (Bold, Italic, Highlight) for mentions
  • Exclude usergroups from features
  • Exclude users from features

This mod displays a copyright notification in the footer of pages generated by this mod which includes:
  • 1 Link to DragonByte Technologies homepage
  • 1 Link to Product Description page of this modification

mmacrypt 17 May 2010 23:21

First to tag, looks very interesting.

DragonByte Tech 17 May 2010 23:40

Known issue: There's a problem with matching usernames if @ is present in the post.

Will post back when issue is resolved.

ellinofatsa 18 May 2010 00:28

ok,

DragonByte Tech 18 May 2010 00:48

Problem has been fixed, all downloads as of this post should be good to go :)

OneTheyCallGSK 18 May 2010 01:09

Can I make a quick suggestion if you don't mind? One of my forum members voiced an opinion for being able to turn off PM notifications individually through User CP. Is that possible?

Thanks in advance.

DragonByte Tech 18 May 2010 01:12

Did you post in the wrong thread? This question sounds like it could match vBShout, not the @User tagging mod :)
If it was for vBShout, then that's not currently possible (even in the Pro version) but it's something to consider for the future :)

Juggernaut 18 May 2010 02:21

Tried to install, but it asked me to install the shoutbox first.

OneTheyCallGSK 18 May 2010 02:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonByte Tech (Post 2038859)
Did you post in the wrong thread? This question sounds like it could match vBShout, not the @User tagging mod :)
If it was for vBShout, then that's not currently possible (even in the Pro version) but it's something to consider for the future :)

Nope, your mod's release notes mentions that it sends a notification to the user when they're mentioned. I assume this takes the form of a private message. If not, then I apologize, but I did actually mean the @User tagging modification.

DragonByte Tech 18 May 2010 02:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destron (Post 2038889)
Tried to install, but it asked me to install the shoutbox first.

Really? What's the exact message you got?

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneTheyCallGSK (Post 2038890)
Nope, your mod's release notes mentions that it sends a notification to the user when they're mentioned. I assume this takes the form of a private message. If not, then I apologize, but I did actually mean the @User tagging modification.

Ahh, no that's forum notification, in the dropdown (the same dropdown that has PMs, but it's not a PM and it doesn't pop up anything :)

OneTheyCallGSK 18 May 2010 02:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonByte Tech (Post 2038893)

Ahh, no that's forum notification, in the dropdown (the same dropdown that has PMs, but it's not a PM and it doesn't pop up anything :)

Ohhhh heh, yea now I know what you mean.

Apologies for the (my) confusion :p

DragonByte Tech 18 May 2010 02:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneTheyCallGSK (Post 2038896)
Ohhhh heh, yea now I know what you mean.

Apologies for the (my) confusion :p

No problem :)

Juggernaut 18 May 2010 02:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonByte Tech (Post 2038893)

This is the message I get, when trying to install the product.

Quote:

Please upload the files that came with the vBShout before installing or upgrading!

Dr.osamA 18 May 2010 02:46

1 Attachment(s)
thanxxx man

good mod

installed + 5 stars + translate to Arabic

plzz add Arabic XML file to ferst post

DragonByte Tech 18 May 2010 02:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destron (Post 2038900)
This is the message I get, when trying to install the product.

oh, I forgot to rename the product in the xml.

It just means that the files appear to be missing - did you upload the contents of the upload folder to your forum directory?

Juggernaut 18 May 2010 02:53

Yes the upload folder files are uploaded into my directory into the right folders.

DragonByte Tech 18 May 2010 02:55

My fault, I fixed it and updated the zip. Please re-download and re-upload the files. Sorry :(

Dr.osamA 18 May 2010 03:28

Please upload the files that came with the vBShout before installing or upgrading!

i had same problem but i fix it by myself i thot that was my fault !!

@ DragonByte Tech you ignore my request :(

anyways thank you

tafreeh 18 May 2010 06:30

Exactly what i was looking for.. Just a quick question before i install this.. u know how you get notification on when u get new pm or visitor messg or friend request, Do you get one of those when someone tag you. If not can you please add that notification system in it. Thanks

iguano 18 May 2010 06:56

Error:

Either /*****/*****/********/forum/dbtech/usertag/install/core.php or /****/*****/*********/forum/dbtech/usertag/install/finalise.php is missing!

ViktorDA 18 May 2010 08:09

This is great! :)

murekhalir 18 May 2010 09:05

DBTECH, Keep up the good work, seriously.

Your mods are dope as hell.

SWeeeett

iguano 18 May 2010 10:00

yes but ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by iguano (Post 2038994)
Error:

Either /*****/*****/********/forum/dbtech/usertag/install/core.php or /****/*****/*********/forum/dbtech/usertag/install/finalise.php is missing!

i can't install it ....
why?

DragonByte Tech 18 May 2010 10:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.osamA (Post 2038919)

i had same problem but i fix it by myself i thot that was my fault !!

@ DragonByte Tech you ignore my request :(

anyways thank you

You can release it as an add-on mod tho, don't need us adding it :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by tafreeh (Post 2038987)
Exactly what i was looking for.. Just a quick question before i install this.. u know how you get notification on when u get new pm or visitor messg or friend request, Do you get one of those when someone tag you. If not can you please add that notification system in it. Thanks

You do indeed :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by iguano (Post 2038994)
Error:

Did you check that those files exist in that exact path?

DragonByte Tech 18 May 2010 11:38

Small fix for HTML characters like & showing as & etc has been released :)

ProFifaLeagues 18 May 2010 11:43

To update is it just a matter of reuploading and overwritting the product?

iguano 18 May 2010 11:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonByte Tech (Post 2039040)
Did you check that those files exist in that exact path?

Yes exist but i can't install it

DragonByte Tech 18 May 2010 11:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by rammieone (Post 2039074)
To update is it just a matter of reuploading and overwritting the product?

For this update, overwriting the product is not needed. Only reuploading :)
Only when the version number changes is overwriting needed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iguano (Post 2039075)
Yes exist but i can't install it

I must admit I'm at a loss then, can you try opening the XML file and remove the following code:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

And see if it works for you then?

If you get the following error: "/install/1000.php is missing!"
Then also remove the following code:

Let me know if this helps :)

kersti 18 May 2010 14:32

Just installed, didn't work for me. @username/@ just gives me that in the message with no links

DragonByte Tech 18 May 2010 14:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by kersti (Post 2039150)
Just installed, didn't work for me. @username/@ just gives me that in the message with no links

Sorry, possible you got some outdated documentation there.

The actual command is @username; (This is because ; is the only default illegal usernam character)

iguano 18 May 2010 15:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonByte Tech (Post 2039077)
Let me know if this helps :)

No
Import product, please wait ...

DragonByte Tech 18 May 2010 16:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by iguano (Post 2039181)
No
Import product, please wait ...

Can you share your phpinfo with me? You can PM me it. I'm not sure if anything in there will tell me anything useful, but I'm at a loss for what to do. Sorry that I can't be of more help :(

Fillip

mandingo 18 May 2010 18:12

when I try to tag users

DragonByte Tech 18 May 2010 18:21

What version of vBShout do you have installed?
v5.2.2 is required for Shoutbox integration :)

mandingo 18 May 2010 18:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonByte Tech (Post 2039326)
What version of vBShout do you have installed?
v5.2.2 is required for Shoutbox integration :)

d'oh!

BSMedia 18 May 2010 19:21

How does it handle email addresses?

like if I had something like [email protected] and my username was "myname" would that screw it up?

DragonByte Tech 18 May 2010 19:38

There's no known problems with email addresses, mainly because of the semicolon to terminate usernames :)

tafreeh 19 May 2010 01:26

okay tested.. Works like a charm... However found one error...

When u get notification for 1 mention and you click on that it will redirect you to your profile and show Visitor Messages instead of Mention tab....

Plus, can you please give unread or unclicked mentions a seprate background or maybe different styling instead of showing all same...

Suggestion: instead of showing it on a separate tab, if you integrate this in visitor message would be great :)

DragonByte Tech 19 May 2010 01:32

I'm unable to confirm the tab issue, sorry :(

I'll take those suggestions into consideration for future versions, thanks :)

tafreeh 19 May 2010 01:46

I want to show Tag user bar below quick reply box not on top.. How do i do that?

kersti 19 May 2010 08:53

It's a great mod, but I've removed for now as my postbits are getting unweildy

Julie 20 May 2010 08:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by tafreeh (Post 2039552)
I want to show Tag user bar below quick reply box not on top.. How do i do that?

I too would like to move the tag user bar...

Works fine on 4.0.3 btw.

Just a small question, when I post @username; it changes the ; to a : . It still tags the user, but just wondering if it was a reason for that, or just a typo in the code :)

mobe00 20 May 2010 10:04

installed it and can tag with @username; but it show in the post for example @agnes . is it supposed to show the @ sign ?

DragonByte Tech 20 May 2010 16:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julie (Post 2040368)
I too would like to move the tag user bar...

Works fine on 4.0.3 btw.

Just a small question, when I post @username; it changes the ; to a : . It still tags the user, but just wondering if it was a reason for that, or just a typo in the code :)

IIRC, this is to stop the username from being recalled (and possibly changing/breaking if people have changed their usernames etc) when a post is edited. Could be wrong though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobe00
installed it and can tag with @username; but it show in the post for example @agnes . is it supposed to show the @ sign ?

Yeap, we're looking at different display options for the next version though :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kersti

I'll try to squeeze postbit component being optional into the next version is possible.

Anyone who was missed, It's because Fillip will be better suited to answering your questions than me =P

Iain

iguano 20 May 2010 17:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonByte Tech (Post 2039258)
Can you share your phpinfo with me? You can PM me it. I'm not sure if anything in there will tell me anything useful, but I'm at a loss for what to do. Sorry that I can't be of more help :(

Fillip

now works thanks and great mod ;-)

literatestylish 20 May 2010 18:32

I'm getting this

tafreeh 20 May 2010 23:22

hey, what about moving tag bar to below post?

DragonByte Tech 21 May 2010 13:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by kersti (Post 2039653)

Postbit can be changed in the Pro version :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julie (Post 2040368)

It's to prevent the mod trying to match the converted code to another username on post edit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobe00 (Post 2040393)

Yes, though we are making this optional in the Pro version v1.1 :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by literatestylish (Post 2040635)
I'm getting this

vBShout v5.2.2 is required for this mod to work when vBShout is also installed.

Fillip

literatestylish 21 May 2010 17:12

Thank DB.

The tagging works now (shows up in the thread) but it's not notifying the person that they have been tagged. Any reason why?

DragonByte Tech 21 May 2010 17:28

There shouldn't be a reason for that, no.

Later today we're gonna release v1.1, you can wait for that and see if the problem has been resolved.

literatestylish 21 May 2010 17:29

Ok thanks. Also, when I click on User Tags from VBShout it says "Database error"

literatestylish 21 May 2010 17:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonByte Tech (Post 2041409)
There shouldn't be a reason for that, no.

Later today we're gonna release v1.1, you can wait for that and see if the problem has been resolved.

Dang. This is such a great idea but I really need people to be notified when they're tagged, otherwise its worthless. Are they supposed to get notified via PM?

Trek 22 May 2010 00:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by literatestylish (Post 2041413)
Dang. This is such a great idea but I really need people to be notified when they're tagged, otherwise its worthless. Are they supposed to get notified via PM?

People get notified through the notifications window. The same window that says you have X new PMs, X new reputation comments, etc.

So they don't get a PM, but they do get notified.

DragonByte Tech 22 May 2010 01:06

DragonByte Technologies is proud to present version 1.1 of [DBTech] Advanced @User Tagging.
This version introduces several major new features that users have requested, and some others we were unable to fit in v1.0.

Statistics Page: Display which users are the most active, both at tagging and being tagged. Same with mentions. This is a great way to encourage your members to utilise the feature and increase activity!

Post Previews: See the context of the post you were mentioned in! (Hard limit of 20 characters either way in Lite version)

BBCode Integration: A button for mentioning has been added to the BBCode toolbar – Users no longer need to remember the @; command.

Change look of Mentioned usernames: Allows you to use BBCode to make mentioned usernames stand out. Only underline is available in Lite.

Per Forum Settings: Allows you to turn tagging on/off per forum (disables the tag cloud) and mentioning per forum (Disables mention notifications from that forum)

We hope you enjoy this new version :)

tafreeh 22 May 2010 02:33

you ignored me twice. anyways, how to disable bbcode?

DragonByte Tech 22 May 2010 02:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by tafreeh (Post 2041690)
you ignored me twice. anyways, how to disable bbcode?

Because your question was asked by others, and by answering the others' question, I automatically answered yours :)

The new MENTION BBCode can be disabled in the BBCode Manager (the one you add / edit custom BBCode in) :)

tafreeh 22 May 2010 05:15

lol, really ? I have read all the post here but didn't really find out any instructions on how to move that tag bar.. :strange:

Julie 22 May 2010 13:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonByte Tech (Post 2041662)
Statistics Page: Display which users are the most active, both at tagging and being tagged. Same with mentions. This is a great way to encourage your members to utilise the feature and increase activity!

Great updates, but there do I find the statistics page?

DragonByte Tech 22 May 2010 13:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by tafreeh (Post 2041734)
lol, really ? I have read all the post here but didn't really find out any instructions on how to move that tag bar.. :strange:

Moving the bar is now a Pro feature :) It can be moved to below the Active Users list :)

The only other way of doing it would be to edit the code, which isn't something we can support, unfortunately :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julie (Post 2041829)
Great updates, but there do I find the statistics page?

It should be in the Community menu :)

Fillip

xStat 22 May 2010 14:29

Cant find the stats page neither. Have looked in community menu and it isnt there.

DragonByte Tech 22 May 2010 15:25

You might have a conflicting mod then, you can manually insert the entry by adding

underneath

in the navbar template

If you have further problems, please register on our website and post them there, so we can help you quicker :)

Julie 23 May 2010 11:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonByte Tech (Post 2041859)
You might have a conflicting mod then, you can manually insert the entry by adding

underneath

in the navbar template

If you have further problems, please register on our website and post them there, so we can help you quicker :)

That did the trick for me, thanks :)

iguano 24 May 2010 14:30

when this mod is active the moderators have great problems to modify threads, when i turnoff all return good

DragonByte Tech 24 May 2010 14:42

You'll need to give me more details if I'm to do anything about it :)

iguano 24 May 2010 15:15

if i want do to modify a message or a title, when i click Save the page don't reload or come out "internal server error", when i turn off your mod the moderation works fine.
( sorry about my poor poor english :( )

DragonByte Tech 24 May 2010 16:25

Hmm, sounds like it could be a mod conflict somewhere. I've had no problems modifying messages or titles.
Not entirely sure what I can do about it tbh :(

iguano 25 May 2010 07:22

Only me with this problem? :-(

Julie 03 Jun 2010 09:18

I'm getting this error message when trying to approve moderated posts in the admin panel (it comes after I click on save)

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /*/*/public_html/forums/dbtech/usertag/hooks/postdata_presave.php on line 54

And the posts that I've set to approve, stay moderated, because of the above error. Any ideas?

(When I disable the mod, the approval goes through properly)

Edit: This also applies for when I try to move a thread. I get the same error messages.

DragonByte Tech 03 Jun 2010 14:15

Can you please re-download the files and re-upload them - I believe I fixed this but it may have been after 1.1 was released.

Håper det hjelper :)

Julie 06 Jun 2010 10:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonByte Tech (Post 2047600)
Can you please re-download the files and re-upload them - I believe I fixed this but it may have been after 1.1 was released.

Håper det hjelper :)

Seems like that did the trick, no error messages so far :)

Tusen takk ;)

BrightStar 09 Jun 2010 15:39

Hiya

I've installed this mod, works okay. Got a question though.

When I type @username; to tag a user in a post, then it is shown as @username: in the post. I thought it shouldnt have shown @ and : in the final post but those were just to tag the users? Is that's how it works? Sorry there are no clear instructions in the readme file.

Cheers

DragonByte Tech 09 Jun 2010 15:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike007 (Post 2051001)
Hiya

I've installed this mod, works okay. Got a question though.

When I type @username; to tag a user in a post, then it is shown as @username: in the post. I thought it shouldnt have shown @ and : in the final post but those were just to tag the users? Is that's how it works? Sorry there are no clear instructions in the readme file.

Cheers

It is indeed correct that it shows @ and :, because on most forums (and indeed also twitter), the @ char is used as a substitute for the [quote] tag.

In the Pro version, you can disable the @, though.

Fillip

BrightStar 09 Jun 2010 15:57

Oh then that's how it works. Thanks for clarifying.

Michlerish 10 Jun 2010 03:08

You really need to implement some measures for forum permissions. I have private forums, and when a user without access to those forums is tagged, they still receive a notification.

I see that when a user is mentioned in a private forum that they do not have access to, they will receive notice saying "1 Notification" but when they click on it, the list shows up empty.

(edited because I figured out how to turn off the thread tagging altogether!)

Thanks so much for this mod, I have been looking for something like this forever. Even without the permission settings, it's fantastic for the public forum.

DragonByte Tech 10 Jun 2010 03:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michlerish (Post 2051297)
You really need to implement some measures for forum permissions. I have private forums, and when a user without access to those forums is tagged, they still receive a notification.

I see that when a user is mentioned in a private forum that they do not have access to, they will receive notice saying "1 Notification" but when they click on it, the list shows up empty.

It's performance intensive to check forum permissions before inserting the notification, that's why that choice was made as a lesser evil.

Fillip

Michlerish 10 Jun 2010 04:28

Good to know, thanks for the response :)

Zombo 12 Jun 2010 07:09

Hi,

I have weird problem with shoutbox integration.

I chose to disable the integration, but when I make mentions it still shouts it. The weird thing is that the shout notices don't appear until I make a shout myself, then they disappear after a refresh.

DragonByte Tech 12 Jun 2010 14:37

I've raised the broken SB integration switch as an issue at DBT forums' Project Tools, I'll fix it for the next version.

Fillip

Zombo 12 Jun 2010 15:50

thx, for now I've just commented the code in newpost_complete.php :)

BrightStar 19 Jun 2010 20:59

Tagging, it doesnt work under social groups or any other site like pictures etc?

DragonByte Tech 19 Jun 2010 21:00

It's currently not designed to work with anything other than posts (mentioning) and threads (tagging) :(

Fillip

Zombo 25 Jun 2010 16:52

the mention feature doesn't seem to work consistently;

sometimes it doesn't get listed in the Mention tab of a person's profile. then if I post again in the same thread under the same conditions (same mentioned person), it works.

DragonByte Tech 25 Jun 2010 17:22

I've been unable to confirm this, could you please experiment some more and try to find a way to reliably reproduce this?

Fillip

hiker 26 Jun 2010 21:22

I've read the post about moving the Tag bar to the bottom, but is there a way to remove it altogether? I'd like to use the bbcode method and/or the @xxxx; only. Some of my users won't use this and they'd see that tag bar up there regardless.

svandanam 27 Jun 2010 23:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombo (Post 2059411)
the mention feature doesn't seem to work consistently;

sometimes it doesn't get listed in the Mention tab of a person's profile. then if I post again in the same thread under the same conditions (same mentioned person), it works.

I am having the same problem too..when I tag or mention some one ..its not getting listed in the member's profile page..also the weird part is when I, as a admin go to a member's profile I can see them being tagged..but when the member goes to his profile..he cant seem to see the tag or mention.
Also, the user does get a notification..but when he clicks on it.nothing happens...some times it does work and take him to his profile page but he can't see any tags there.

DragonByte Tech 27 Jun 2010 23:31

I can't say anything more about the problem - I haven't had time to try to reproduce it yet - but as for the different visibility:
Forum permissions are taken into account when deciding whether to show tags / mentions in an user's profile :)

Fillip

svandanam 27 Jun 2010 23:34

Please do have a look at this issue when you get a chance :-)

One more issue is that directly using @ in the post is not working..user needs to go to advanced reply and select the mention icon to get the mention work correctly.

DragonByte Tech 27 Jun 2010 23:42

I shall, I'll raise this as an (unconfirmed) bug in Project Tools on the DBTech forums :)

Are you sure users used @Username; and not some other variation? This is the first I've heard of this issue...

Fillip

svandanam 28 Jun 2010 00:06

Just checked..your right..they used only @username..missed the ; part :-)

Thank you for clarifying.

DragonByte Tech 28 Jun 2010 00:13

Thought as much ^^
Sadly it's not possible for us at this time to only allow @username, because spaces do exist in usernames... *points to self* ;)

We're always investigating ways to change this, though :)

Fillip

sigh 28 Jun 2010 16:05

I like this product, but we've had to disable at the present time. In some instances, this code was causing extreme delays in loading pages - even to the point of causing the ajax reply code to double post, or having other pages time out entirely. Disabling the code immediately solved the problems.

The issue was most prevalent when edit posts and performing admin / moderation tasks.

DragonByte Tech 28 Jun 2010 16:12

That's really odd, nobody else has reported that exact problem before...

Were the posts huge? Could I see one of the posts that caused double-posting (you can PM me it if you don't want it in public)?
Also, is the issue repeatable with the same posts? As in, does double-posting ALWAYS happen with a certain post content?

I'll see if I can solve it if I get a sample to test with :)

Fillip

Blacura 28 Jun 2010 20:34

this mod crashes the forum. when i disable it works again.

DragonByte Tech 28 Jun 2010 20:45

Without more information I'm unable to assist, I'm afraid...

Fillip

murekhalir 29 Jun 2010 19:24

Q: Where is the statistics page for people to see stats of mentions and etc?

DragonByte Tech 29 Jun 2010 19:32

misc.php?do=dbtech_usertag_statistics :)

Fillip

hiker 30 Jun 2010 04:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonByte Tech (Post 2059420)
Forum Manager

* Tagging on/off per forum & sub-forum

Hi, I'm not able to find where I can turn this on and off per forum.

DragonByte Tech 30 Jun 2010 10:28

The Lite version is actually limited to being per-category, I'll correct the list. Sorry for the confusion.
Click Forum Manager under the DBTech - User Tagging admincp nav menu.

Fillip

hiker 06 Jul 2010 22:49

is it possible to use only the BB Code, without the added visuals to the page like the user tagger bar?

DragonByte Tech 06 Jul 2010 22:53

You can disable the user tagging bar in the Pro version :)

Fillip