vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=242733

Michlerish 27 Aug 2010 04:04

Nope. I just disabled all the mods I have, and problem with the mention still exists. Weird.

DragonByte Tech 27 Aug 2010 13:44

In the past when people have had this problem, they never post the solution, just "nvm it works now" so I sadly have no idea what they are doing.

Check under User Tagging's Forum Manager to see that you've enabled it for all forums, perhaps?

Fillip

literatestylish 27 Aug 2010 21:25

OK, where is the user notified that he/she has been tagged in a post? I've tagged by sample account multiple times and he doesn't get any PM's.

DragonByte Tech 27 Aug 2010 21:33

There's no PM notifications, the notifications act like other notifications in the dropdown.

Fillip

Michlerish 27 Aug 2010 23:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonByte Tech (Post 2090306)
In the past when people have had this problem, they never post the solution, just "nvm it works now" so I sadly have no idea what they are doing.

Check under User Tagging's Forum Manager to see that you've enabled it for all forums, perhaps?

Fillip

Yes, it was enabled... so I unchecked them all, hit Save, then checked them on again, hit Save... and it works now.

Maybe it just needed to be refreshed? I have no idea why it suddenly did that, but I'm happy it's working again! :D

Goonie 29 Aug 2010 22:11

this is an awesome mod so thankyou...
but how do i delete tags? i tagged a post as i was testing the mod but now i cant remove the tag...
any help?!

DragonByte Tech 29 Aug 2010 22:48

There's currently no way to un-tag users from threads. To remove a Mention, you can just edit it out, however the user will have already been notified.

Fillip

SoloX 29 Aug 2010 23:01

Any idea when you might have time to look into this, Fillip?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonByte Tech (Post 2086944)
We've gotten various reports of problems with that particular plugin, I'll post back when I have more information.

DragonByte Tech 31 Aug 2010 13:34

I'm majorly swamped with the new product I'm developing, but once that's released this will be among the first things fixed :)

Fillip

CvP 08 Sep 2010 16:52

I had to disable this product (again) cause it is messing up with standard vBulletin features (again).

This time, the pagination of an article in vBCMS goes missing if this product is enabled.

DragonByte Tech 08 Sep 2010 17:01

I've been unable to confirm this on any test board I have access to (at all) :)

Fillip

CvP 08 Sep 2010 17:26

Previously, I have only disabled this product to get pagination link back.

now to confirm again, I have disabled ALL products except vBCMS and vBBlogs and this.
Pagination link missing. Disabling this gets back the pagination.

Note: CMS cache needs to be cleared for changes to reflect.

further investigation revealed that this plugin is the culprit: Render [MENTION] BBCode
I have enabled the product and disabled this plugin for now.

Please fix asap :)

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/8861/capturewum.jpg

DragonByte Tech 08 Sep 2010 17:43

That plugin has been the source of a fair number of problems, however it's not a simple fix and we are currently busy with other projects. It will be fixed in time, in the next version (which currently I believe will being worked on around mid Oct.)

Fillip

CvP 08 Sep 2010 18:22

Until it is fixed, is it safe to keep the product enabled while disabling this specific plugin?
how it will affect this product?

DragonByte Tech 08 Sep 2010 19:17

It'll mean mentions won't show up as links in the posts, I believe.

Fillip