vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=236069

Valter 29 Jun 2010 19:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by KURTZ (Post 2059304)
found an uncached template when i check a user's profile ... need a fix ;)

Change this line:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

to:

in "VSa - Advanced Forum Rules - CT" plug-in.

LuisManson 29 Jun 2010 19:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuisManson (Post 2060644)
how do i add rules to just one specific forum??

someone could please helpme here?

orok 08 Jul 2010 18:21

2 Attachment(s)
I made some changes using additional.css template in the forum style those changes work fine with all pages but not with the rules page.
example:
Public page font style:
Attachment 119419

Forum rules font style:
Attachment 119420

thank you for your great job ...

snnggledel 12 Jul 2010 17:51

Awesome mod thanks

Toni3055 20 Jul 2010 01:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by orok (Post 2066423)
I made some changes using additional.css template in the forum style those changes work fine with all pages but not with the rules page.
example:
Public page font style:
Attachment 119419

Forum rules font style:
Attachment 119420

thank you for your great job ...

I agree, Valter! Thank you so much for a fabulous mod!

I had a similar issue with the CSS. Most of the styling was there, but it seemed to be missing the components from the additional.css template. (I'm not storing my style sheets externally/as files.)

Here's what worked for me to fix the styling of the rules page. I have no idea if this is the best way, but it seems harmless enough! LOL!

Edit the template Valter Templates vsa_frules and add the following after {vb:raw headinclude}:

Then scroll down to find the background and text colors for the "highlight" bars at the top and bottom of the rules page. Change them to match your color scheme, save, and you're good to go.

Hope this helps! :)

Vitaly 14 Sep 2010 04:57

If browser has disabled JS, user will not be able to click "accept" button. Here fix:

In template "vsa_frules"
========================================

REPLACE:

<vb:if condition="($vboptions[vsafrules_time]==0)">value="{vb:rawphrase submit}"<vb:else />value="{vb:raw vboptions.vsafrules_time}" disabled="disabled"</vb:if> />

TO:

value="{vb:rawphrase submit}"

REPLACE:

function VSaFR_buttonCounter() { vsaafr_counter = fetch_object('vsaafr_counter');

TO:

vsaafr_counter = fetch_object('vsaafr_counter');
vsaafr_counter.disabled = true;
vsaafr_counter.value = '{vb:raw vboptions.vsafrules_time}';
function VSaFR_buttonCounter() {
=================================

Patched version here:
http://github.com/rcdesign/vb-foreig...d_forum_rules/

MonsterDK 22 Sep 2010 15:45

Hey, great addon.

How can I change the...
"I have read, and agree to abide by the *** ****** rules. " colour?
At the moment it's in black but my forum is dark so members cannot really see it.

Also how can I change so that the banner on the rules page is centered?
Thanks

taxick 23 Sep 2010 15:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toni3055 (Post 2071777)
I agree, Valter! Thank you so much for a fabulous mod!

I had a similar issue with the CSS. Most of the styling was there, but it seemed to be missing the components from the additional.css template. (I'm not storing my style sheets externally/as files.)

Here's what worked for me to fix the styling of the rules page. I have no idea if this is the best way, but it seems harmless enough! LOL!

Edit the template Valter Templates vsa_frules and add the following after {vb:raw headinclude}:

Then scroll down to find the background and text colors for the "highlight" bars at the top and bottom of the rules page. Change them to match your color scheme, save, and you're good to go.

Hope this helps! :)

Thanks - This fix help me a lot..

pgc-cs 24 Sep 2010 22:07

Hi there!

I have one question. Is there any way to integrate It with VSa - ChatBox? I mean to create rules for ChatBox and before user accept it, he can't chat :) (for example displaying small notification to accept these rules instead of place to type the text).

mishb68 29 Sep 2010 01:20

Great mod (as always). Thanks :)

Taurus1 01 Oct 2010 07:28

When the accept rules page comes up, I do not have the countdown timer or accept button/links showing. Can you please help. Thanks!

jluerken 06 Oct 2010 15:32

Hi Valter,

thanks for this great mod.
I have two questions:

1. I want to disable the default rules. They are shown during registration anyhow. Is there a way I can do this?

2. The "forum rules" link in the Navbar should move as sublink to "useful links". How can I do this?

Regards
jluerken

Bobbo 07 Oct 2010 19:12

First of all, great mod! Thank you!

Does everyone else see their Forums displayed by the proper display order when they click on the Apply to Forums link? Mine certainly don't, which makes if confusing if you have a large number of forums.

Wajdan 09 Oct 2010 18:05

Need all fixes please, developer.

GeorgeB85 14 Oct 2010 17:38

I would like to make a feature request. I would like a feature that forces users to accept the forum rules BEFORE they can do anything at all on the site.