vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=323567

Changing Easy Forms v4.x to make it reply in the thread you are in.
by Skyrider
04 Oct 2016 08:42

Is there anyway that:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=234385

Can be altered so the forms will display as a reply of the thread you are in? It would be really helpful to me. So in each thread in a specific section (not all sections) where you hit the reply button in a thread, the form will pop-up. (quick-reply is disabled in this specific section), so it doesn't matter if the reply link goes somewhere else, as long it'll post the form in the thread where you hit the reply button to begin with.

Dragonsys 04 Oct 2016 18:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyrider (Post 2576562)
Is there anyway that:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=234385

Can be altered so the forms will display as a reply of the thread you are in? It would be really helpful to me. So in each thread in a specific section (not all sections) where you hit the reply button in a thread, the form will pop-up. (quick-reply is disabled in this specific section), so it doesn't matter if the reply link goes somewhere else, as long it'll post the form in the thread where you hit the reply button to begin with.

I don't think it is possible, but if it is, it would require some pretty major edits. The plugin is not marked as re-usable code, so another coder (other than the author bananalive) cannot take it and make the changes you want, if it is even possible.

TheLastSuperman 04 Oct 2016 19:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragonsys (Post 2576586)
I don't think it is possible, but if it is, it would require some pretty major edits. The plugin is not marked as re-usable code, so another coder (other than the author bananalive) cannot take it and make the changes you want, if it is even possible.

If the coder in question ONLY post the edited file in the same modification thread its from though, that would be possible :cool:. Uploading anywhere else, even if in another thread on here the org, would not be allowed.

Edit: Sure it can do that!

I would:
  • Make a new form, specify in the settings it should post in X forum as a thread or in X thread as a post etc.
  • Edit the showthread template and use a conditional to change the normal reply button link to a else statement, if this forumid show form code as ahref ELSE if any other forum show normal reply button.
  • Now if the member is in the correct forum the reply button is actually a link to the form otherwise it's the standard reply button.

Should do it ;).

Skyrider 05 Oct 2016 09:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastSuperman (Post 2576588)
If the coder in question ONLY post the edited file in the same modification thread its from though, that would be possible :cool:. Uploading anywhere else, even if in another thread on here the org, would not be allowed.

Edit: Sure it can do that!

I would:
  • Make a new form, specify in the settings it should post in X forum as a thread or in X thread as a post etc.
  • Edit the showthread template and use a conditional to change the normal reply button link to a else statement, if this forumid show form code as ahref ELSE if any other forum show normal reply button.
  • Now if the member is in the correct forum the reply button is actually a link to the form otherwise it's the standard reply button.

Should do it ;).

But will it make a form reply in that specific thread you want to reply in? As far as I can remember, you can make a form link anywhere, sure. But that would mean the form would be posted in a specific post/thread specific by the form options. Not in the thread you wish to reply in. Not sure if the form has been updated since then though, but I could go it a go again.

TheLastSuperman 05 Oct 2016 20:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyrider (Post 2576613)
But will it make a form reply in that specific thread you want to reply in? As far as I can remember, you can make a form link anywhere, sure. But that would mean the form would be posted in a specific post/thread specific by the form options. Not in the thread you wish to reply in. Not sure if the form has been updated since then though, but I could go it a go again.

Yes;

Edit the form in question > Click "All" so it shows all settings > Scroll down to find "Form Actions Choose what the form does when it is submitted".

You now have several options, two of which being:
  • Post New Thread
  • Post in Thread

Select which one you want such as post in thread and set accordingly.

*I've even gone so far as to have this submit its replies in a specific forum which then had their own custom postbit layout and css (so it looked like the answers were posted differently such as the modification threads here on the org) but it was for an adult oriented site so I won't link to it respectively but point being you can do quite a bit with this modification by also doing extra edits and such therefor providing you with a system you didn't even know was possible from a forms mod yet it is! :cool:

Skyrider 08 Oct 2016 08:07

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastSuperman (Post 2576635)
Yes;

Edit the form in question > Click "All" so it shows all settings > Scroll down to find "Form Actions Choose what the form does when it is submitted".

You now have several options, two of which being:
  • Post New Thread
  • Post in Thread

Select which one you want such as post in thread and set accordingly.

Alrighty, I'll give it a shot. But I don't recall this form having the ability to post the form as a new reply in a thread regardless which thread you are in. From what I remember, this form can only make a new reply in a single thread specific by ID in the form settings. Not going to a random thread, reply in it and fill in a form.

!EDIT!

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/attac...1&d=1475919052

As you can see, it makes the "post in thread" per threadID. I want the form to be visible (as a new reply) whenever someone makes a reply in any thread in a specific section so it does not rely on thread ID's.

Example:

Thread 1 -> New reply -> See Form -> Fill in Form #1 -> Reply as form in Thread 1
Thread 2 -> New reply -> See Form -> Fill in Form #1 -> Reply as form in Thread 2
Thread 3 -> New reply -> See Form -> Fill in Form #1 -> Reply as form in Thread 3

I wish to replace the new reply button (no quick reply, that has been disabled) in a specific section with a specific form that users can fill in and will also post the results in the thread they reply in, doesn't matter what thread it is. If you can help me with this, I'd appreciate it.

Skyrider 17 Oct 2016 22:30

I get to assume there's no such system then, shame.


All times are GMT. The time now is 21:46.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.14
Copyright © 2020, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All Rights Reserved. vBulletin® is a registered trademark of MH Sub I, LLC
Copyright ©2001 - , vbulletin.org. All rights reserved.