vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=201283

zbosskiller 25 Mar 2009 16:17

Cyb,

If I were to treat people as you do I'd be embarrassed with myself.

Try answering questions to your own damn scripts every now and again!!!

I wouldn't mind if I was new to this and didn't research my query in the forums but I have, and you haven't provided any kind of answer!

YOUR MODS HAVE MAJOR BUGS.... FIX THE LOADING ISSUE!!!!

y2krazy 25 Mar 2009 17:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by zbosskiller (Post 1776733)

He has every right not to support his modifications. If that IS the case, though, please change this:

https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/external/2012/01/11.gifSupported

To this:

https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/external/2011/01/24.gifNot Supported

I know I've been waiting over 12 days now for an answer and haven't gotten any help. Would be nice to get some help if you're still supporting this. If not, please change the status. Thanks.

~ Sean

J105C 26 Mar 2009 00:37

WOW, thanks for this wonderful product!

Valter 26 Mar 2009 18:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by zbosskiller (Post 1776733)
Cyb,

If I were to treat people as you do I'd be embarrassed with myself.

I wouldn't mind if I was new to this and didn't research my query in the forums but I have, and you haven't provided any kind of answer!

YOUR MODS HAVE MAJOR BUGS.... FIX THE LOADING ISSUE!!!!

Feel free to uninstall it. Thank You :)

stardotstar 26 Mar 2009 23:19

1 Attachment(s)
Cybernetec, I am hoping I can take a slightly different tack here!

I too am suffering from the bizarre "Loading..." issue and have been working on how to fathom it let alone fix it for a while now. It seems that my users with MSIE on either XP or Vista have been experiencing it. I can confirm it with MSIE and XP (my only Win test bed). FireFox works on Windows as members who have missed chat have found by installing it.

This points to it being an implementation of AJAX/Java/html in MSIE that has changed only just very recently>>?? A member sent me this note:
Quote:

Will
Got to work this morning and my boss tells me that St.George Internet Banking is not working because of an issue with Java 12. St George have Java 10 listed on there site as a fix for it.

Java updated in the last week and I thought that this maybe the issue that alot of us are having with Arc.

Now I am no wiz when it comes to computers but thought this may be worth letting you know.

I cant figure out how to remove it from my computer and install Java 10 or else I would try and let you know how it turned out.

Hope this Helps.
Could it be one of the MS updates recently delivered? Could it be an AJAX related problem to the Java update?

I cannot make any sense of the alert that MSIE states "Error on page." and an impossible to follow error code (see attachment).

Finally I want to point out also that the problem is not necessarily related to your hack - this is seemingly effecting Quick Reply and other AJAX features within MSIE but I also have yet to fully determine just how much is effected by it. The boards here and on vbulletin.com are not suffering when I use MSIE - so that leaves me pretty confounded.

My members are screaming for your chat module - it is very popular and I thank you for it; I hope this wider issue can be resolved and if there is any testing I can do to assist I would be happy to.

Finally I reported this in the advanced forum stats thread - same problem and rolling the version back didn;t help in my case.

Best Regards,
Will

zbosskiller 27 Mar 2009 09:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cybernetec (Post 1777652)
Feel free to uninstall it. Thank You :)

Just what I expected...

Guys, I'm using MGC shoutbox now. Easy to install and looks exactly the same as this one. Has a lot more features though. Try it out.

Z

Max3D 27 Mar 2009 14:27

i think its been said a few times about the issues with IE

and i have not found a solution if the dev has a solution maybe he should put it in a known bugs section on the mod's description.

I do like cyb chatbox but unfortantly due to not being supported gonna have to move to MGC. Hopfully he free's up some time and can sort out issues better and i can come back.

Thanks

archive not working
by CorneliusW
27 Mar 2009 16:46

Internet explorer cannot open the archive page for anyone. How do I fix this?

Valter 27 Mar 2009 19:21

Check out this article for for IE "system error":
http://keelypavan.blogspot.com/2006/...658-in-ie.html

y2krazy 27 Mar 2009 19:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by y2krazy (Post 1767382)
Having a little issue. When I choose a new font color and hit Enter, I get the following (correct) result in the Chatbox:

after more replied

However, the second it moves to the 2nd line (if another msg is posted), it turns into the following:

[color=Tomato]after more replied[/color] (no color and the vB Code is shown)

Quote:

Originally Posted by y2krazy (Post 1775167)
I am still having the above issue.

~ Sean

It's been 2 weeks since I first posted my problem. You have posted several times since my initial post without even acknowlegding my issue. If this continues I will have no choice but to find an alternative. I really enjoy your modifications and I have several others installed, but if you only drop in once in a blue moon and only skim through the user posts, you should consider classifying this as Unsupported. I understand you have a lot of other threads to consider and you have other obligations, but if you say you will support something, please follow through. Thanks.

~ Sean

CorneliusW 27 Mar 2009 20:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cybernetec (Post 1778457)
Check out this article for for IE "system error":
http://keelypavan.blogspot.com/2006/...658-in-ie.html

Thanks for quick reply. I added
Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

to the top of misc.php page and it didn't make a difference when accessing the archive page for shoutbox. The misc.php works fine, it's just http://domain.com/forums/misc.php?do=ccarc don't work.

utahraves 28 Mar 2009 00:25

Not sure if this bug is posted yet or not: on my board where I have the chatbox, if someone posts a few smilies, the ajax doesn't refresh to the bottom of the box...

Valter 28 Mar 2009 07:48

y2krazy,
I suppose it's PHP related problem, but not sure how it can be fixed.

CorneliusW,
You should check your php.ini for charset settings. It should be "utf-8", not UTF-8/utf8/UTF8.

Megatr0n 28 Mar 2009 11:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cybernetec (Post 1778811)
y2krazy,
I suppose it's PHP related problem, but not sure how it can be fixed.

CorneliusW,
You should check your php.ini for charset settings. It should be "utf-8", not UTF-8/utf8/UTF8.

Dude, is this hack ever gonna be updated?

Valter 28 Mar 2009 14:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatr0n (Post 1778855)
Dude, is this hack ever gonna be updated?

Of course it will be.