vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=268817

vFCoders - Featured Content Slider Widget
by Badshah93
20 Aug 2011 14:59

7 Attachment(s)
.::vFCoders - Featured Content Slider Widget::.

Content Slider Source: http://webdeveloperplus.com/jquery/f...ing-jquery-ui/

What is it?
=====================================

Featured Content Slider Widget for VBulletin CMS to feature latest (or popular) articles in a block that displays as a slideshow.

Features
=====================================

1. Fully Integrated With VBulletin CMS.
2. Option To Select Sections.
3. Option To Select Categories.
4. Option to Sort Articles by date or views.
5. No Template or File Edits.
6. Can Add Seperate Widget for Different Sections.
7. Can Add more than 1 Featured Content Slider Widget in a page.

8. Option To Set Width For Each Content Slider Widget New!





New Installation Instructions
=====================================


1. Upload all the files in "Upload" Folder to forumroot.
2. In the Product Manager in AdminCP, import the product XML file.
3. Then Go To -> Admincp -> vBulletin CMS -> Widgets

Widget Type: CMS featured Content slider
and enter other details and save it..

5. Then Rest of the things are as it is which you do for other widgets.

a): Configure The Widget in VBulletin CMS -> widgets
b): Add the widget in page through layout manager.


Upgrade Instructions
=====================================


1. Unzip the attachment and upload all files in upload folder to forumroot.
2. Upload the xml through product manager. (Overwrite)
3. Delete all the old content slider widgets and make new ones.


Uninstallation Instructions
=====================================


1. Delete all the Content Slider Widgets in vBulletin CMS -> Widgets
2. Uninstall the product through product manager.


Mod History:

v1.0 : 20 Aug 2011 : First Release.
v2.0 : 21 Aug 2011 : Width Feature Added.
v2.1 : 21 Aug 2011 : Fixed Uninstall Bug.
v2.2 : 26 Aug 2011 : Improved mouseover effect of content slider.
v2.3: 28 Aug 2011 : Fixed Package ID issue.
v2.4: 18 Apr 2011 : Fix typo in install code and Updated for vBulletin 4.1.x.



-> Click On Mark As Installed If You Have Installed This Mod.
-> You Can Nominate it also for Mod Of The Month.
-> If u like my work, you can Donate me also.

starman™ 20 Aug 2011 15:29

tagged - will look later, but if it's as good as it sounds then it could be a real winner.

nacaruncr 20 Aug 2011 15:32

It will be awesome if you do it for CMPS too :D thanks, I love it XD
good job man :D

LOGECT 20 Aug 2011 15:43

Great Mod, thank a lot.

starman™ 20 Aug 2011 15:51

I'm afraid I'm getting a database error with this mod. I'm using 4.1.5.

Badshah93 20 Aug 2011 16:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by starman™ (Post 2235772)
I'm afraid I'm getting a database error with this mod. I'm using 4.1.5.

hmm.. i didn't get any error during testing..

Go To -> Admincp -> vBulletin CMS -> Clear CMS Cache


if still error Persist, you can post error here or pm me.

starman™ 20 Aug 2011 16:19

Thanks for the offer of help. Cleared the cache - same error. Here's the DB error I'm getting;


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


LOGECT 20 Aug 2011 16:19

Getting db error when i choose Popular



Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Thanks :D

Badshah93 20 Aug 2011 16:27

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by LOGECT (Post 2235790)
Getting db error when i choose Popular



Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Thanks :D

Thanks for letting me know.. i added that sortthing later forgot to change cms_node.viewcount to cms_nodeinfo.viewcount


Anyway i have attached php file,

Upload it in packages/vbcms/widget (overwrite)

Note: i have added new zip file at main post, with this php file..

starman™ 20 Aug 2011 16:28

I chose 'popular' too. Will try the other option.

LOGECT 20 Aug 2011 16:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherif (Post 2235798)
Thanks for letting me know.. i added that sortthing later forgot to change cms_node.viewcount to cms_nodeinfo.viewcount


Anyway i have attached php file,

Upload it in packages/vbcms/widget (overwrite)

Note: i have added new zip file at main post, with this php file..

Thanks Sherif, that fixed the db error, i'm having another issue with this mod, every time i'm choosing Popular the Latest will be selected as default.

starman™ 20 Aug 2011 16:52

Hi Sherif. I haven't uploaded that new php file yet, but it now suddenly starts to work anyway. WTF? Anyway thanks for the mod. What I need to know now is how I change the image re-sizing, as currently the widget is too small in my primary content area.

Badshah93 20 Aug 2011 16:56

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by LOGECT (Post 2235807)
Thanks Sherif, that fixed the db error, i'm having another issue with this mod, every time i'm choosing Popular the Latest will be selected as default.

Fixed..

Upload the new xml.


Note: New zip file added with fix.





Quote:

Originally Posted by starman™ (Post 2235810)
Hi Sherif. I haven't uploaded that new php file yet, but it now suddenly starts to work anyway. WTF? Anyway thanks for the mod. What I need to know now is how I change the image re-sizing, as currently the widget is too small in my primary content area.


you should upload the new php file to make popular option work well..

there is a template called

cmsfcs_script, where you increase the width of box.

and open cmsfcs_contentbit to change image size.

LOGECT 20 Aug 2011 17:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherif (Post 2235812)
Fixed..

Upload the new xml.


Note: New zip file added with fix.

Fixed, thanks for your support :D

starman™ 20 Aug 2011 17:09

Thank you indeed. I will have a little play with the settings. Cheers.


All times are GMT. The time now is 13:56.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.14
Copyright © 2021, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All Rights Reserved. vBulletin® is a registered trademark of MH Sub I, LLC
Copyright ©2001 - , vbulletin.org. All rights reserved.