vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=107965

BLazeD1 21 Jun 2006 04:04

Can someone post results with this please?

Thank you!

webgroup 30 Jun 2006 17:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by deep_blue
I tried to edit FORUMDISPLAY template and post coes to get google ad on forum display pages but got this error

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or T_NUM_STRING in /home/coolaven/public_html/forums/includes/adminfunctions_template.php(3537) : eval()'d code on line 41

Is my VB got corrupt


Same here, it happens when trying to edit the templates.
Vbulletin warns you of the error and let you choose to go back or continue anyways.
I tried in 2 forums with 3.5.4

With both FORUMDISPLAY and POSTBIT

NeutralizeR 30 Jun 2006 19:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by webgroup
Same here, it happens when trying to edit the templates.
Vbulletin warns you of the error and let you choose to go back or continue anyways.
I tried in 2 forums with 3.5.4

With both FORUMDISPLAY and POSTBIT

Copy the codes to your text editor first and check for any special characters possibly added by vBulletin... and re-check your google adsense codes.

BTW, I've upgraded my forum to vb 3.6 Beta 3 and it seems this guide doesn't need to be updated.

Regards

webgroup 30 Jun 2006 20:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeutralizeR
Copy the codes to your text editor first and check for any special characters possibly added by vBulletin... and re-check your google adsense codes.

BTW, I've upgraded my forum to vb 3.6 Beta 3 and it seems this guide doesn't need to be updated.

Regards


I'm getting the error by just pasting the initial part of the code.

Just by pasting this in the FORUMDISPLAY:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


NeutralizeR 30 Jun 2006 20:21

*edit*

It seems ok... Can you try editing your templates via another browser?

Martin64 07 Jul 2006 04:14

Excellent little tutorial, cheers. :)

Also, here's a little tip in case you only want to display it for guests, not members. Simply put the codes (as instructed in the first posts) between these tags:

<if condition="!$bbuserinfo[userid]">

*code*

</if>

Macktr 13 Jul 2006 10:52

thank you NeutralizeR

dsmoke 29 Jul 2006 13:04

this looks amazing can anyone say that their adsense revenue went up x% after doing this?

sportsoutlaw 29 Jul 2006 19:34

yes, I can say it did.

I didn't use this exactly though.

I still use a leaderboard below the navbar in showthread and above quick reply.
I am doing this in place of the DAI tutorial section that places adsense directly inside a members post. I didn't feel comfortable with that portion of the tutorial. (just my personal preference, not knocking it in any way)

DeepXP 15 Aug 2006 00:01

sorry to bump topic like this but the guide mentioned for first and last post ads does not work well with vbulletin 3.6

it shows ads in first 3 posts in the thread....

NeutralizeR 15 Aug 2006 00:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeepXP
sorry to bump topic like this but the guide mentioned for first and last post ads does not work well with vbulletin 3.6

it shows ads in first 3 posts in the thread....

Not tested yet but these conditionals should still work:

Quote:

<if condition="(($post[postcount]==1) or ($post[islastshown]))">
*ad*
</if>
Quote:

<if condition="(($post[postcount]==1) or ($post[islastshown] and !$GLOBALS['vbulletin']->GPC['ajax']))">
*ad*
</if>

DeepXP 15 Aug 2006 00:38

That was QUICK!!!

The first condition worked....


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Thanks
Deep

DeepXP 16 Aug 2006 12:39

OKay I am back, try the 2nd condition if you have AJAX Quick reply enabled...


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

if you try first then it shows blank page once you reply usuing quick reply option...

feel good after doing that!!
by ish
23 Aug 2006 14:56

WOW! absolutely amazing - i got this to work! a deep feelgood moment taking place :) thankyou.

and thank for this too martin64:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin64
Also, here's a little tip in case you only want to display it for guests, not members. Simply put the codes (as instructed in the first posts) between these tags:

<if condition="!$bbuserinfo[userid]">

*code*

</if>


bbcentral 25 Aug 2006 13:51

Great tutorial!
I will use some of the info, but no matter how much money NeutralizeR is making off his forum, nothing will convince me to make my members suffer like that. Sorry man, the site is plain shocking. I care about my members far too much to make them go through an epileptic-fit-inducing experience like your site. My browser struggled to scroll down!
Anyway, at least you've given us lots of examples to check out, very much appreciated! :D


All times are GMT. The time now is 20:16.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.14
Copyright © 2021, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All Rights Reserved. vBulletin® is a registered trademark of MH Sub I, LLC
Copyright ©2001 - , vbulletin.org. All rights reserved.