vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=282195

Lost Admin password
by barcena
29 Apr 2012 08:12

I've lost the Admin password for a site I seldom go and need to retrieve it; to make things worse Id lost the email with which I registered my Admin user in one of my last hosting transfers; I never ever used that account. My hosting says there's nothing they can do and to come ask here, since they have access to db's and other information I thought they will be able to help.

Since I was the only owner there's no second admin or moderator who can help me out.

I am lost; the site is pretty much locked, I can't admin or change anything. Is there's anything at all that I can do?

Thanks in advance.

kh99 29 Apr 2012 13:10

In the vb distribution in the "do not upload" folder there's a file named tools.php. If you upload that to the admincp folder then point your browser at it, it has an option to restore access to an admin account.

barcena 30 Apr 2012 05:12

Thanks!!! I'll tell the hosting guys know of this, I honestly don't know how to do it by myself.