vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=327041

Help with email
by sunnyrose1994
21 Jan 2019 06:28

Hi,

Like the title says, I need to send 60,000 emails! We are re-releasing our website and want to send a small text file to users of the forum. I just tried with the build in vbulletin mailer and after sending 6000 emails in a matter of sends my website was suspended and I got a very angry email from the hosting company.

They said I can send a maximum of 600 emails per hour. Is there a batch web / desktop application that will allow me to batch send emails from a generated mailing list. Preferably free.

Regards

energyman 12 Feb 2019 20:04

Sign up for Mailchimp its free to send up to 2000 emails. They send them out as a drip feed of individual emails so you don't need to worry about how many you send. i very much doubt any of the providers will send out 60,00 for free though

snakes1100 13 Feb 2019 02:25

Get a dedicated server.

No one is going to allow you to send that many for free.

Besides if those accounts are old, your going to get a lot of bounces & blacklistings for the IP, so you better batch them to a few thousand a day using a cron'd mailling list.

Also note, yahoo is going to put a stop to them the first hit, during the first hour you start hitting them & they will 421 ya until they are happy you arent spammer, if there are a lot yahoo accts in the mailing list.

So you better have a proper reverse ptr for the servers ip its coming out of, spf & dkim on the domain.

RichieBoy67 14 Feb 2019 21:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by snakes1100 (Post 2598462)
Get a dedicated server.

No one is going to allow you to send that many for free.

Besides if those accounts are old, your going to get a lot of bounces & blacklistings for the IP, so you better batch them to a few thousand a day using a cron'd mailling list.

Also note, yahoo is going to put a stop to them the first hit, during the first hour you start hitting them & they will 421 ya until they are happy you arent spammer, if there are a lot yahoo accts in the mailing list.

So you better have a proper reverse ptr for the servers ip its coming out of, spf & dkim on the domain.

Yep, I send out about 60,000 a week using a dedicated server and Yahoo is always a pain.

final kaoss 14 Feb 2019 22:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunnyrose1994 (Post 2598181)
Hi,

Like the title says, I need to send 60,000 emails! We are re-releasing our website and want to send a small text file to users of the forum. I just tried with the build in vbulletin mailer and after sending 6000 emails in a matter of sends my website was suspended and I got a very angry email from the hosting company.

They said I can send a maximum of 600 emails per hour. Is there a batch web / desktop application that will allow me to batch send emails from a generated mailing list. Preferably free.

Regards

That means you can send out a little over 12K emails a day, limit it to 600 mails per hour and you'll be done in 4-5 days.

snakes1100 14 Feb 2019 22:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichieBoy67 (Post 2598478)
Yep, I send out about 60,000 a week using a dedicated server and Yahoo is always a pain.

They're a**holes about it lol

saisaanvi 15 Feb 2019 11:21

It is good info that helps all who are working with sending bulk emails using dedicated servers. Thanks a lot.