vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=197332

Can't Edit Nav Template
by Ivory Tusk
27 Nov 2008 00:14

I can't seem to edit the nav template on my site. I go to "style manager" then to "edit templates" which I expand all, and I can't double click on the template button or the edit button after selecting it.

I mean, I can click on it but nothing pops up and I'm not directed to another page.

I'm using the latest version of vBulletin, updated from 3.6.8 a few weeks ago and have been having odd problems like this since. Don't know if this is one of them.

Can anyone help me with this?

Lynne 27 Nov 2008 01:09

Is it only the navbar that is giving you problems? And is this a problem in every style or just one style? How long have you had this problem?

Ivory Tusk 27 Nov 2008 01:44

It seems to be on all the templates. I double click on one and it says error on page. I've had this problem since I tried to edit it a few hours ago.

I only have one style.

Lynne 27 Nov 2008 04:30

What is the error? Is it a database error? If so, paste it here. If it's a php error, then check the error_logs and see what it is and paste it here. We can't help if we don't know what the error is.

Ivory Tusk 27 Nov 2008 05:29

I'm not sure as to what the error is, I haven't recieved any error logs. All I know is that on the bottom left hand corner of IE7 it says "Error on page" after the page has loaded and I double click one of the links.

Here's some more info on my install though. I started out on 3.6.8 and upgraded to 3.7.3 and after I upgraded I noticed 3.7.4 came out a day or so after I had first upgraded, so I upgraded a second time. That's when I noticed odd things start happening like the forum wouldn't keep me logged in after I had logged in within half an hour before. This happened even after I selected the "keep me logged in" checkbox.

The problem could be in my upgrading the forum I could have made a mistake but I don't believe I did. Just putting that out there if that helps any.