vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=201283

montsa007 26 Sep 2011 17:45

How do you enable it globally?

[email protected] 09 Oct 2011 17:44

Hello,

I saw this chatbox on an other forum and I like it, so i installed it on my onw forum.

But there is one problem, the time and date isn't working :( I only see d-m-y, H:i.
Is there anyone who recognizes this problem or knows the solution?

Thanks in advanced!

20paws4awd 23 Oct 2011 20:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Konstantinos (Post 2210002)
When u are using the option to show newest messages at the bottom (reverse order) u cant see the previous messages by scrolling up becouse everytime the autorefresh refreshes the page the scrollbox goes down automaticly which doesnt happen when u are not using the reverse order. any idea how to fix this ?

same happens in the vb4 ver

I am having similar issues with this.

We do reverse order and the chatbox starts halfway back up and by the time you scroll down to read the newest messages it auto-refreshes and sends you back halfway up the chatbox

amine13420 10 Nov 2011 15:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 2255161)
Hello,

I saw this chatbox on an other forum and I like it, so i installed it on my onw forum.

But there is one problem, the time and date isn't working :( I only see d-m-y, H:i.
Is there anyone who recognizes this problem or knows the solution?

Thanks in advanced!

I have the same probleme,

It can't show the date and time, i only see : d-m-y, H:i

How can we resolve that ? :(

amine13420 10 Nov 2011 18:27

Owwwwwwww,

My counter of connected has bombed unstead of 2000 now it show 20.000 membre connected online :s

this hack have some fault ?

or somethings bad on my forum ?

amine13420 10 Nov 2011 23:20

solved,

must add :

%d-%m-%y, %H:%S

:)

mA|tRiX 11 Nov 2011 05:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by amine13420 (Post 2266658)
Owwwwwwww,

My counter of connected has bombed unstead of 2000 now it show 20.000 membre connected online :s

this hack have some fault ?

or somethings bad on my forum ?

Same on my forum!!!

Ive deactivated the ChatBox and all "Guests/Bots" gone!!!

muratcan25 29 Dec 2011 13:47

To have ChatBox enabled on vBa CMPS:
1. Hack options - Add "adv_index" to "Show ChatBox on" setting field (values in this field should be separated by commas) > Save
-------------
Can you picture for this expression?

didn't work
by haytham
02 Feb 2012 16:20

Didn't work for me. Any other solutions?

Quote:

Originally Posted by street tactic (Post 1828268)
Reinstalled, I finally figured it out. AGH!

For those of you having issues with it not showing up in the ipbarcade.

open file /root/arcade/functions/functions.php

1) Search for:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

2) add right below:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

3) Save & Upload.

Cyb's mods are GOLDEN, so I knew there had to be a way to get this thing to work. Definitely pleased! Re-clicking Installed.

haytham 02 Feb 2012 16:36

Spent too much time on this. Although it's a great mod, I will look for something easier to place on pages.

Can't find anything better than this....................please I need help in adding the chatbox to my Arcade page.

haytham 05 Feb 2012 06:15

Sorry...Actually it was very easy to add it to the arcade page so my issue is solved. Thank you.

blind-eddie 05 Feb 2012 16:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by haytham (Post 2296334)
Sorry...Actually it was very easy to add it to the arcade page so my issue is solved. Thank you.

For the life of me I can not remember how I got it to work on the Arcade on one of my sites.
I have it working on others without using "$cybchatbox" in the arcade template or editing php files. Yes I set "THIS_SCRIPT" to arcade but wont show on the arcade page.

I posted here a long time ago how to get it to work on the arcade page. Seems this thread has been cleaned up quite a bit & I seem to have no post on 3.7 & 3.8 chatbox threads...

Would you please share what you did to get it to work on your arcade page?

haytham 05 Feb 2012 16:34

Ah..I see you say you set it in This Script but still doesn't show...strange..it did for me but maybe you have a style problem then.

blind-eddie 05 Feb 2012 16:49

No, it does not show on any style on the arcade page.
I only use chatbox in the arcade as I have for a few years.
Not sure why its not showing, thanks for your time.

Kitmitsu 13 Feb 2012 18:19

I've had this installed for years without any problem. However, over the past few weeks it's made our forums unusable. Here are the symptoms.

- The Chatbox will get stuck on "Refreshing Messages" after a few seconds

- Only about half of messages posted in the Chatbox will actually go through

- The entire forum is noticeably slower when the Chatbox is enabled. Opening pages takes longer and many pages will just hang loading constantly.

I haven't changed anything on either our forums or server setup before it started playing up. I literally woke up one morning and it wasn't working properly. Since it's started having problems, I've reinstalled it twice. Both times it started working incredibly fast again for a few minutes but then it went back to crawling after a few messages. It was running on the default settings. I've even reinstalled the servers OS just to get it working again but with no luck. I've reinstalled Apache, MySQL, PHP and Xcache but nothing changes. At first I thought it was because the chatbox table was getting to big but reinstalling it proves that isn't the problem.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix it? Our members heavily rely on the Chatbox and everyone feels a bit lost without it. I don't want to use an alternative as this one has been so good to us for so long.

I hope you can help me.