vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=266689

Gemma 22 Oct 2011 20:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychobike (Post 2260267)
Not sure what I did, or didn't do, but I did manage to get the mod working proper even with the jquery-1.6.1.min.js file. Please feel free to edit and remove any unnecessary post clutter so that others wont get confused that may want to add this to their similar setup.

Thanks again for the great tech support!

Btw, where's that paypal address so I can send a donation. PM it to me if you prefer to.

Cool, glad you've got it working. I've actually reverted back to using jquery-1.4.1.js, I noticed some of the digits were disappearing (but that might be because I've got 8 different counters running for demo purposes :o), if you notice digits disappearing simply change the from clientscript/jquery/jquery-1.6.1.min.js to countdown/js/jquery-1.4.1.js (no need to upgrade to v1.0.4 otherwise)

No need for a donation, the things I release are things I think people may find a use for, I've usually started them in the first place because i) I want it and ii) I want to learn something new and if someone has a problem then helping fix it enhances my learning :)

1320Nation 23 Oct 2011 16:10

Well no doubt you are in this with a good attitude and outlook on what is going on. Thanks again for the great tech support!

djpatch 26 Oct 2011 12:43

Sorry for my bad english.
I have installed locally your mod to try,but the countdown will not start.How can I fix, I vb4.1.7 ?

1320Nation 26 Oct 2011 15:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by djpatch (Post 2261684)
Sorry for my bad english.
I have installed locally your mod to try,but the countdown will not start.How can I fix, I vb4.1.7 ?

My guess would be you forgot to enter the info in the code below that tells your countdown when it should expire? Btw, these dates and such need to be Your info and not what I have shown here below.

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

djpatch 26 Oct 2011 17:01

This is my ForumHome

instead the countdown inserted in the sidebar works perfectly

Gemma 26 Oct 2011 17:08

I'd appreciate you not linking to images from my site.

Aslo, if the javascript isn't working in your footer you may need to include it within the forumhome template, like so:

ahmedipa 02 Nov 2011 09:22

so nice script thank you so much

Juggernaut 06 Nov 2011 04:50

Love this mod, couldn't get the vbadvanced module to work, but it works wonderfully in the forum sideblock. :)

Crxssfade 07 Nov 2011 09:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreyGhost (Post 2257947)

Hey there, Gemma, great mod. Thank you very much.

Would you be able to explain how to achieve a look like this on the FORUMHOME template? Including what I need to edit.
Thanks!

Gemma 07 Nov 2011 17:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juggernaut (Post 2264868)
Love this mod, couldn't get the vbadvanced module to work, but it works wonderfully in the forum sideblock. :)

The CMS and vBA CMPS give me a headache lol, what couldn't you get working Countdown or layout?) and I'll try and reproduce it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crxssfade (Post 2265278)
Hey there, Gemma, great mod. Thank you very much.

Would you be able to explain how to achieve a look like this on the FORUMHOME template? Including what I need to edit.
Thanks!

The attached image is from the CMS page (needs a modified grid) not FORUMHOME, you can have it display on the forum index by creating a table and adding the countdown code within it.

On my own site I did it this way. In the FORUMHOME template find:

Above that add:

I'm not supporting that though so you'd be best to try it out on a test site or using a test style.

basilrath 08 Nov 2011 19:30

Works nice with a video within it also ......... nice work

http://www.tabletennistalk.co.uk/forum/forum.php

Gemma 08 Nov 2011 19:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by basilrath (Post 2265791)
Works nice with a video within it also ......... nice work

http://www.tabletennistalk.co.uk/forum/forum.php

Yeah, I used a youtube video before, also used an image with lytebox - you can use virtually anything with a little tweak to the coding :)

1320Nation 08 Nov 2011 20:11

Question; When the countdown goes through it's cycle of being complete, does some of the text in the template used disappear? Reason I ask is I went to adv_portal_countdown template to start a new countdown expecting to just change info on different image location, change expired timer number from "0's", and the event name. But most of that section is gone. Here's an example of what my adv_portal_countdown template now look like after going through a set cycle:

Gemma 08 Nov 2011 20:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychobike (Post 2265801)
Question; When the countdown goes through it's cycle of being complete, does some of the text in the template used disappear? Reason I ask is I went to adv_portal_countdown template to start a new countdown expecting to just change info on different image location, change expired timer number from "0's", and the event name. But most of that section is gone. Here's an example of what my adv_portal_countdown template now look like after going through a set cycle:

If I remember correctly you placed some of the code in your headinclude template?

1320Nation 09 Nov 2011 22:46

Gemma you were correct there were settings for the countdown in my headinclude template. However after entering the new countdown settings I'm only getting all 0's on the countdown. Any idea where I might look for a cure?

Btw, what would the chances be of making this a plugin/product so settings can be made in acp?