vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=266689

mgurain 29 Jun 2012 13:31

Hi,
Could this good mod be phrased please ?

espkaruna 03 Jul 2012 08:20

This works great in Firefox (13.0.1) but in Google Chrome and Explorer the countdown just displays a bunch of 00's I really could care less if it works right in Explorer, but finding a way to make this work in Chrome would be cool ;)

JabirA 03 Jul 2012 08:52

It works great in Google chrome (last version)

Gemma 03 Jul 2012 11:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by espkaruna (Post 2344695)
This works great in Firefox (13.0.1) but in Google Chrome and Explorer the countdown just displays a bunch of 00's I really could care less if it works right in Explorer, but finding a way to make this work in Chrome would be cool ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by JabirA (Post 2344701)
It works great in Google chrome (last version)

Works fine in Firefox right up to 14.0. It should also work fine in Google Chrome (tested up to version 20.0.1132.47), the latest version of Opera, IE9 and Safari 5.1.7

espkaruna 03 Jul 2012 13:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gemma (Post 2344743)
Works fine in Firefox right up to 14.0. It should also work fine in Google Chrome (tested up to version 20.0.1132.47), the latest version of Opera, IE9 and Safari 5.1.7

Ok, well I should rephrase that to say that on my site it is working on Firefox but not on Google Chrome (20.0.1132.47) or IE 9. I've tested it out with the above listed versions, and I have had other users tell me the same thing. This is on vbulletin 4.2.0 suite, so I don't know if another script that I am running is interfering with the countdown on chrome and IE or what. I do have a pretty heavily customized forum.

**edit**

Although I just tried adding this to my default style, and the same thing, works great in Firefox, not in the other two.

Gemma 03 Jul 2012 15:04

Does it work on my site for you when viewing in either Chrome or IE9?

If you want to PM me a link to your site I'll have a look for you (might be a bit later on today as I'm quite busy away from computer stuff just now)

espkaruna 03 Jul 2012 15:30

Yeah, when I go to your site it works fine in any browser. I'll play around with it a bit more and I sent you a pm so you can check it out if you want when you get a spare moment. Your prompt replies and assistance are much appreciated.

**Edit**

Actually, I just figured out what my issue was. I should have payed attention and realized that there was a reason why you had 23 hours, 59 min, and 59 sec entered for the target date. I tried to set it as 24 hours, 0 min, 0 sec. Firefox understood what I meant but I guess IE and Chrome didn't.

Works great for me now, and thanks Gemma for your support.

Gemma 03 Jul 2012 21:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by espkaruna (Post 2344796)
I tried to set it as 24 hours, 0 min, 0 sec. Firefox understood what I meant but I guess IE and Chrome didn't.

For midnight it should be set to 00 hour, 00 min, 00 secs

Glad you got it working :)

JabirA 04 Jul 2012 18:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by JabirA (Post 2343834)
Hi Gemma,

Is it possible to let it repeat the countdown? For exmple: Let it count down to every weekend automatically..?

Kind regards

Gemma,

How about this?

Gemma 04 Jul 2012 19:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by JabirA (Post 2343834)
Hi Gemma,

Is it possible to let it repeat the countdown? For exmple: Let it count down to every weekend automatically..?

Kind regards

Oops, I didn't that post :o

No, not that I can think of. Sorry.

JabirA 04 Jul 2012 22:58

No problem.

Thank you for your answer. ;)

bzcomputers 09 Jul 2012 10:41

I'd had some visual issues with the timer since installing this a couple months ago. If you sat on a page with the timer for an extended amount of time it would not keep time very accurately and the animation would be off and at times cover up the labels (mins, secs).

After seeing you mention upgrading jquery to someone in a previous post I went and grabbed the latest version (1.7.2), installed it and updated the code to use it. This mod for me looks a lot better now visually with the new jquery version.

Figured I'd mention it for anyone else experiencing what I was. By the way I have the code installed in a sidebar block.

wilford brimley 10 Jul 2012 04:21

if you are trying to do the display on forum home and getting 00's... he has the code wrong on the example.

you need to find the first line and change it from 1.4.4 to this

<script language="Javascript" type="text/javascript" src="countdown/js/jquery-1.4.1.js"></script>

cut and past that exactly^^

EDIT: i upgraded to 1.7.2 and the numbers seem to flip smoother.
http://blog.jquery.com/2012/03/21/jq...-7-2-released/

wilford brimley 10 Jul 2012 04:51

ok, i noticed when you use a sideblock it keeps the style of the other blocks with the graidents ect.

when you make it fresh on forum display it does not keep gradients and it makes a line on top of the counters.

https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/external/2012/07/45.png

do you know how to remove that line? it looks worse on certain skins.

wilford brimley 10 Jul 2012 16:44

im putting the times in as eastern time. is there anyway for it to auto correct via javascript for the users actual timezone? like -1central and -3pacific? as you can see, I'm counting down live events, so it is usually like 10e/9c/7p