vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=127868

Boofo 31 Dec 2010 05:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by sivaganeshk (Post 2139933)
The first instruction itself BUMPs me :(
*Please do not install this product unless you have a strong technical background

That "supposedly" will only work with Sphinx 0.9.8. I couldn't get it to work with 0.9.8.1 so I gave up.

Vitaly 11 Apr 2011 06:31

Seems, my work with sphinx for vb 4.x finished https://github.com/rcdesign/vb-sphinx_search . "Proper" tags support added, bugs fixed. Note, it requres sphinx 1.11 from svn repo. See details in readme. If someone wish to improve - possible todo is here: https://github.com/rcdesign/vb-sphinx_search/wiki

Uberguilds 07 May 2011 10:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lea Verou (Post 1994756)
Has anyone used Sphinx with languages != english?
Does it work correctly?
FULLTEXT had issues with greek...

No problem searching with Arabic, or 2 character searches.

My setup is Arabic RSS feeds coming through the RSS manager which is searchable through Sphinx on 3.8.

92 2.8GHz cores
184GB ram
10,800GB raw 15krpm local storage
8TB raw 7200rpm local storage
24TB raw 7200rpm iscsi storage

If any large vb installs need sphinx on 3.8 I'm only a PM away.

http://r-shief.org/sphinx.PNG

SnakeV 25 Jul 2011 07:59

Anyone got this working with similar threads?, i have installed all and it's working nice, except that.

I'm willing to pay if anyone can do this compatible with Similar Threads.

Mooff 25 Jul 2011 15:50

If you are willing to pay, just use this one:
http://products.digitalpoint.com/vbu...inx-search.php

SnakeV 25 Jul 2011 18:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mooff (Post 2224791)
If you are willing to pay, just use this one:
http://products.digitalpoint.com/vbu...inx-search.php

I'm under vB 3.8, and as far i know the digitalpoint sphinx is only for vB 4.x.

8thos 27 Jul 2011 23:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vitaly (Post 2183251)
Seems, my work with sphinx for vb 4.x finished https://github.com/rcdesign/vb-sphinx_search . "Proper" tags support added, bugs fixed. Note, it requres sphinx 1.11 from svn repo. See details in readme. If someone wish to improve - possible todo is here: https://github.com/rcdesign/vb-sphinx_search/wiki

Can you make a comparison chart between yours and digitalpoints?

Angel-Wings 01 Aug 2011 10:21

Well - if you can wait a bit - Oracle plans to add fulltext indices support for InnoDB with MySQL 5.6 - finally.
Client side the old MyISAM syntax can be used so there's - once 5.6 is released - no longer a need to install any 3rd party plugin.

Maybe just wait a bit until 5.6 reaches production status, then there's no need to play around with Sphinx.

http://www.oracle.com/us/corporate/p...id=rss_ocom_pr

Alfa1 03 Dec 2011 01:18

It would make sense if the vbulletin search overhaul will use this.

SnakeV 03 Dec 2011 19:14

If anyone interested on doing support for similar threads:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?p=2274364

prandah 13 Dec 2011 18:56

if someone or digitalpoint make a 3.8.X sphinx
maybe i will buy it :D
i have version 4.x
but i downgrade my forum to 3.8.x

Chris8 14 Dec 2011 01:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by prandah (Post 2277431)
if someone or digitalpoint make a 3.8.X sphinx
maybe i will buy it :D
i have version 4.x
but i downgrade my forum to 3.8.x

Why are you downgrading to 3.8 if I may ask? :) Is it even possible to downgrade from 4.X to 3.8.X?

prandah 15 Dec 2011 12:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris8 (Post 2277538)
Why are you downgrading to 3.8 if I may ask? :) Is it even possible to downgrade from 4.X to 3.8.X?

yes you can downgrade vbulletin 4 to 3
vbulletin 4 my server got a lot of querry :(
so i diwngrade it :D
vbulletin 3 very very little querry :D

lauxanh 10 Feb 2012 20:59

Anyone got a working solution for vb 3.8.7?

Mecho 06 Nov 2012 14:09

too bad there is no confirmed working version for 3.8.X version.


Anyone ??


All times are GMT. The time now is 16:07.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.14
Copyright © 2021, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All Rights Reserved. vBulletin® is a registered trademark of MH Sub I, LLC
Copyright ©2001 - , vbulletin.org. All rights reserved.