vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=223918

Stop Image Hotlinking!
by dxlwebs
25 Sep 2009 08:56

1 Attachment(s)
Hey all,

I thought that this might be usefull for you all its very simple and you can do it within 1 minute!

Basically all it does is stop people from hotlinking your images and using your bandwidth!

This code below allows your to stop hotlink for all sites apart from the sites you choose all you do is add this code your you .htaccess file!

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

i have provided a image below for you to use if you would like other wise you can put your own image there, just chage the address of your site and location to your forum and add my image to your forum root and everytime some one trys to hotlink you they will only see that image!

thats it easy as pie! remember to back up your .htaccess file before editing anything!

dxlwebs 25 Sep 2009 09:01

reserved for later comments

Arcade Fire 25 Sep 2009 09:31

Thanks!

dxlwebs 25 Sep 2009 09:46

your welcome

FiMeTi 25 Sep 2009 09:49

Nice job, but with the second code it does not load any images on my own website.

Arcade Fire 25 Sep 2009 09:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by FiMeTi (Post 1890329)
Nice job, but with the second code it does not load any images on my own website.

+1. :(

EidolonAH 25 Sep 2009 10:09

I have been trying this here by previewing my post, doesn't work, my original image shows instead of my anti-hotlink image.

dxlwebs 25 Sep 2009 10:10

i have changed the code try that it should work better now if you do not want a seconde domain then just delete that line!

Shogunreaper 25 Sep 2009 10:12

You should just do this through your cpanel.

dxlwebs 25 Sep 2009 10:18

and what if they dont have cpanel not everyone is rich you know

FiMeTi 25 Sep 2009 10:23

Well that works, but I canīt get the deny.png to show. Thereīs just no image or a brokenlink-img. But it blocks other websites.

EidolonAH 25 Sep 2009 10:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by FiMeTi (Post 1890345)
Well that works, but I canīt get the deny.png to show. Thereīs just no image or a brokenlink-img. But it blocks other websites.

can you post what you have in your .htaccess and where you put it that file, I can't get this to work myself.

FiMeTi 25 Sep 2009 10:32

At the bottom of your .htaccess file you drop in this code.

But the deny image does not pop up. Neither with this code, nor with the code of dxlwebs. ;/

dxlwebs 25 Sep 2009 10:32

add this into your .htacces file in your forums root

edit the links to your specified needs remember to put the correct links in and you must have your site url where i put yoursite.com to make sure that your sites images still show!

dxlwebs 25 Sep 2009 10:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by FiMeTi (Post 1890349)
At the bottom of your .htaccess file you drop in this code.

But the deny image does not pop up. Neither with this code, nor with the code of dxlwebs. ;/

your forgot to put your sites domain then the image socation i etided it in the quote take a look!