vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=283613

Restrict Activity Stream
by Asterix_ita
29 May 2012 05:40

1 Attachment(s)
For vBulletin 4.2.0 or higher

This hack allows you to limit the display Activity Stream function by usergroup

1. you can limit the activity stream for user group
2. you can redirect user to: forum index - new post - message no permission

NB. This addon does not remove the link Activity Stream from navbar

Install:
To install, download the zip, extract the XML file and import using the vb Product Manager.
Option: admincp -> settings -> options -> CT restrict activity stream


Remember:
Please remember to click Mark as Installed if you use this modification.
If you liked the hack is possible to use the donate link provided (Support Developer).

History:

v4.2.0.0 : 29-May-2012 : start.
v4.2.0.0 : 27-Jun-2012: fix bug show profile

KEKforce 29 May 2012 08:20

Top! I use it to disable activity streams for ALL users. No one I met find it usefull...

temsamane 30 May 2012 20:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by KEKforce (Post 2334180)
Top! I use it to disable activity streams for ALL users. No one I met find it usefull...

me too.. how can i disable it completely?

vbulletin is a forum, not a facebook

temsamane 31 May 2012 18:38

if you click on a member, it redirect to new posts or forum, but i want it to redirect to users profile. Like earlier vb versions

SᴩiDᴇЯ 05 Jun 2012 15:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by temsamane (Post 2334816)
me too.. how can i disable it completely?

vbulletin is a forum, not a facebook



To disable Activity Stream completely do the following.

You need to make sure that your default tab is set to Articles in the vBulletin Navigation Manager.

Also please find in your index.php:

require('forum.php');

Change to:

require('content.php');

TheSupportForum 05 Jun 2012 18:40

hmm this mod does what exactly, activity stream is already restricted in many ways

Asterix_ita 06 Jun 2012 17:13

limits the display of the activity of certain groups.

if a user belongs to a select group, this user don't show the activity but he will execute the option set in the option.

temsamane 08 Jun 2012 19:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by SᴩiDᴇЯ (Post 2336760)
To disable Activity Stream completely do the following.

You need to make sure that your default tab is set to Articles in the vBulletin Navigation Manager.

Also please find in your index.php:

require('forum.php');

Change to:

require('content.php');

thank you spider, but i want to disable it also in the profile. how can i do this? so i want to remove activity completely on my forum

Alibass 08 Jun 2012 21:35

Installed... thanks :):up:

Jubei 11 Jun 2012 09:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by temsamane (Post 2337872)
thank you spider, but i want to disable it also in the profile. how can i do this? so i want to remove activity completely on my forum

^ This. I've searched high and low and no one has an answer to this.

Syxguns 12 Jun 2012 00:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jubei (Post 2338653)
^ This. I've searched high and low and no one has an answer to this.

I thought this mod might be the answer, but it doesn't allow you view the user profile at all. It just redirects you. All I want is for Activity Stream to be removed from user profile.

Uninstalled. Nice idea though!

TopFloorDjs 18 Jun 2012 03:03

The only way ive found to remove it completely from profiles is remove all script from "memberinfo_block_activity" template. It removed the tab and conent but unfortunately it also removes the content under 'About Me' & 'Blogs', still working on this.

shoppingtelly 27 Jun 2012 09:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Syxguns (Post 2338829)
I thought this mod might be the answer, but it doesn't allow you view the user profile at all. It just redirects you. All I want is for Activity Stream to be removed from user profile.

Uninstalled. Nice idea though!

Yes same problem here so had to uninstall :(

Asterix_ita 27 Jun 2012 12:45

Fix the problem

regards

Kirk Fitzgerald 27 Jun 2012 14:35

Brilliant, does exactly what I needed it to do, thank you. :)


All times are GMT. The time now is 22:49.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.12
Copyright © 2019, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All Rights Reserved. vBulletin® is a registered trademark of MH Sub I, LLC
Copyright ©2001 - , vbulletin.org. All rights reserved.