vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=325826

Still possible to download v2 and mods?
by escape2k
30 Nov 2017 17:47

Hi,

I know there are for sure not many people who can understand why i want to download vbulletin 2 and mods/styles in 2017 but i want to.

When i buy a new License is it still possible to download the latest Version of vbulletin 2 and here at vbulletin.org the plugins and styles for this Version?

Someone with License told me he can not download from the Archive.
Do i have to buy a original vb2 license for that?

I tought with a vbulletin License i can download all Versions of vbulletin and so also all mods.
Please help me thanks and yes i know what i do.

MarkFL 30 Nov 2017 17:57

vB 2.x is not available for download at vBcom, nor are any addons for that version available here at vBorg. :)

escape2k 30 Nov 2017 18:02

Why?
And there is no way to get them?

Dave 30 Nov 2017 18:05

My guess is that it's discontinued and you'd have to use very old versions of PHP and MySQL if you want to use it.
You can try reaching out vBulletin through vbulletin.com, but I highly doubt they'll send the vBulletin 2 files to you.

escape2k 30 Nov 2017 18:08

I do not have Problems to fix security issues and php 7 / mysql 5.7 support but i do not want to rewrite every single hack i need so if there is no option on getting access to the download section here at vbulletin.org it does not make sence to spend time on vbulletin 2. (Even if i can get it with a second hand license or from vbulletin official.)

So there would be no way to get access to the downloads here if i buy a license for vbulletin?

Stingray27 30 Nov 2017 18:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkFL (Post 2591329)
vB 2.x is not available for download at vBcom, nor are any addons for that version available here at vBorg. :)

That's not true - both 2.3.10 & 2.3.11 are still available.
You cannot download any addons for them from here anymore though.

Dave 30 Nov 2017 18:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stingray27 (Post 2591334)
That's not true - both 2.3.10 & 2.3.11 are still available.
You cannot download any addons for them from here anymore though.

Yea I guess you're right, it's displayed on the vBulletin 3 downloads page.

MarkFL 30 Nov 2017 18:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stingray27 (Post 2591334)
That's not true - both 2.3.10 & 2.3.11 are still available.
You cannot download any addons for them from here anymore though.

Yes, I see it now too and never noticed it before...my apologies to the OP for passing along bad information. :eek:

escape2k 30 Nov 2017 18:26

Okay thats pretty awesome but would it be possible if i can show you a license that i can get access to the vb2 downloads here at vbulletin.org to? because without the mods its pretty useless.

Dave 30 Nov 2017 18:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by escape2k (Post 2591338)
Okay thats pretty awesome but would it be possible if i can show you a license that i can get access to the vb2 downloads here at vbulletin.org to? because without the mods its pretty useless.

https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4

escape2k 30 Nov 2017 18:32

everyone can see it https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3

Dave 30 Nov 2017 18:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by escape2k (Post 2591340)

Yes, you cannot download any of the plugins though, not even I can.

escape2k 30 Nov 2017 18:38

yes but I think they are still there, is there maybe someone i can contact and ask if it would might be possible to get access?
Because it depends on the ability to download mods if i buy a vbulletin license or not.

Or maybe there is someone who safed that stuff back when it was available to download for all users, than it would be cool to get a pm.

Dave 30 Nov 2017 18:40

You have to private message one of the administrators on this forum. I highly doubt they'll allow you to download the plugins though.

escape2k 30 Nov 2017 18:47

Thanks for the Info i will contact an admin.
Maybe they allow me to access and just want to hide from the public to force updates. :)

--------------- Added 30 Nov 2017 at 18:51 ---------------

For some Reason it is not possible to send them an Email or PM.
Can you send me a PM with a Contact E-Mail, maybe Wayne Luke if he registered since 2002? Would be very cool.


All times are GMT. The time now is 15:47.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.14
Copyright © 2021, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All Rights Reserved. vBulletin® is a registered trademark of MH Sub I, LLC
Copyright ©2001 - , vbulletin.org. All rights reserved.