vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=252497

[DBTech] vBDownloads v2 (vB4) [AJAX]
by DragonByte Tech
23 Oct 2010 21:31

7 Attachment(s)
vBDownloads: What is it?

DragonByte Technologies is proud to present vBDownloads v1.0, the most professional, innovative and feature-rich downloads mod to date.

vBDownloads aims to help you manage your forum's downloads in a fast and efficient way, presenting you with all the information you and your users need.

Why vBDownloads?
Whilst looking for a new product idea, we felt that there was a need for a fully-supported downloads database in vBulletin. vBDownloads is the result of this. vBDownloads contains many interesting features such as multi-file downloads, password-protected downloads and many more exciting and innovative features!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you like this mod please hit the https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/external/2015/08/1.png button to the right ---->

Please remember to click the, https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/external/2015/08/2.png button to the right if you installed the mod ---->

What does 'Marking As Installed' do ?

* It helps you to stay on top of updates - members who have installed modifications will be notified by us whenever new updates are available.

*
For security issues - vbulletin.org will contact all members who have installed a modification whenever a security issue is brought to their attention.

* Marking a modification as installed also helps us know how many people are using our work, giving us extra incentive to provide more features and new modifications.

We appreciate the support!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Differences between Pro and Lite

Priority support & Product Demos available at: http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/vbdownloads.php

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Translations available @ Dragonbyte-Tech.com
Support for translations handled by the translator in its respective threads only.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Major Features:

Searchable Downloads: Search downloads by title, description, author, or a combination of the above.

Importer: vBDownloads currently supports importing from DownloadsII.

Favourite Downloads: Got a download you like? vBDownloads will allow you to easily add it to your favourites list.

Multiple File Downloads: vBDownloads allows you to upload multiple files within one download stopping the need to create 20 different downloads for one thing.

Moderation: vBDownloads comes with its own moderation control panel. This will allow you to easily moderate new files and reports.

DragonByte SEO Integration: Seamlessly integrates with DragonByte SEO to create Friendly URLs for all your downloads & categories.


Extra Pro Features:
Download All Files: This will allow you to easily download all files in a download at the click of a button. These will be added to a zip and returned to you in seconds.

File Ratings: File ratings will allow users to easily separate the good content from the bad.

Downloads Per Day: This feature will allow you to control the number of files and add a limit to the size of downloads users are allowed to download per day.

Private Downloads: This feature will allow you to control who can access a download on a per user basis and allow you to password-protect downloads.


Complete Feature List
Lite

System Information
  • Whether the mod is active
  • Total bandwidth usage
  • Monthly bandwidth usage
  • Number of uploaded files
  • Value of php.ini's maximum execution time
  • vBDownloads' version number
  • Number of MBs of disk space all files use
  • Number of MBs of disk space this month's files use
  • Value of php.ini's maximum upload size
  • Value of php.ini's memory limit

Extensions
  • Group extensions together into Extension Groups
  • Define extension
  • Define MIME Type
  • Define maximum file size
  • Define Max Width / Max Height (only applies to images)

Categories
  • Define Title / Description
  • Set display order
  • Choose category image
  • Choose extension groups valid for this category
  • Automatically place new files in moderation queue
  • Per-usergroup Can View Category permission
  • Per-usergroup Can Download Files permission
  • Per-usergroup Can Upload Files permission

Import Utility
  • Import from DownloadsII
  • Preserves all important data
  • Avoids duplicate imports

Settings
  • Toggle displaying version number
  • Turn vBDownloads on/off
  • Reason for turning vBDownloads off
  • Welcome Notice for the homescreen
  • Storage path for uploads
  • Custom name for the main .php file
  • Maximum files per download
  • Minimum posts to download
  • Download description preview length
  • Enable/Disable Favourites system
  • Enable/Disable Comments system
  • Enable/Disable Mirrors system
  • File Reporting Reasons
  • Comment Reporting Reasons
  • Mirror Reporting Reasons

Usergroup Permissions
  • Downloads Manager, bypasses certain restrictions
  • Can View vBDownloads
  • Can Download
  • Can Upload
  • Can Favourite
  • Can Comment
  • Download Delay (in seconds)

Home Page
  • Display welcome message
  • Search downloads by title, description, author or any combination of the above
  • Category list in the same style as Forums are listed on Forum Home
  • Display number of files and number of downloads per category
  • Display latest download per category
  • Sub-categories in the same style as sub-forums
  • Sidebar block: Total files and total downloads
  • Sidebar block: Recent files, changes based on what category you're browsing
  • Sidebar block: Top downloads, changes based on what category you're browsing

Uploads
  • jQuery-powered upload script
  • Works with big files
  • No Flash plugins required
  • Progress bars on uploads
  • Display file sizes in-line
  • Quick deletion of files
  • Toggle which files are screenshots

Download Page
  • Thumbnail
  • Edit / delete file
  • Send file to moderation queue
  • Add to favourites
  • Add a comment
  • Basic file information: Author, Last Updated, Category and Total Downloads
  • File List w/ number of downloads
  • Mirror List w/ number of hits
  • "More From This User" block with thumbnails of other downloads by this user
  • Full description
  • Paginated comments list
  • Edit/Delete comments
  • Password entry page if the download is password protected
  • Download delay page when downloading files if applicable

Favourites List
  • Paginated display of downloads added to favourites
  • Same style as search results

ModCP
  • Tabbed interface for Moderation Queue / Reports
  • Ability to take no action, approve and deny moderation queue entries
  • Ability to take no action, dismiss or delete reported entries

Thumbnail Generation
  • Ability to choose which image to use for thumbnail generation
  • A physical thumbnail image will be generated when one is requested
  • Saves bandwidth / decreases load time vs. using full image resized

Category Aware Search
  • Choose to restrict search to currently viewed category
  • Only available when browsing a category
  • Perfect for searching through a large downloads database for less unique keywords



Pro

Mirror Link Images
  • Define replacement domains
  • Set what image to show instead of direct link to mirror

Categories
  • Allow private downloads
  • Allow password protected downloads
  • Category Parent
  • Choose forum to announce new downloads in

Settings
  • Download delay page advertisement
  • Path to importable files
  • Enable/Disable [DBTech] vBShout integration
  • Enable/Disable Rating system
  • Enable/Disable ability to download all files as zip
  • Zip filename prefix
  • Post To Thread: Title
  • Post To Thread: Message

Usergroup Permissions
  • Maximum downloads per day
  • Maximum downloads size per day
  • Can Rate Downloads
  • Can Create Category
  • Can Import Files

Home Page
  • Sidebar block: Highest rated, changes based on what category you're browsing

Download Page
  • Rate the download +1/-1
  • "Download All Files" button
  • Display advertisement on downloads delay page

Manage Categories
  • Allows users with the necessary permissions to manage categories via front-end
  • Download Managers can edit all Category settings
  • Non-Managers see their categories added to moderation queue

Import Files
  • Allows users with the necessary permissions to import files from the filesystem
  • Pre-defined path or custom path
  • Imported files aren't copied or moved
  • Ability to skip or re-import files
  • Per-file category assignment
  • Per-file download title

Who's Online Display
  • Displays users / guests browsing vBDownloads
  • Uses same HTML/CSS as forum home's "What's Going On" box
  • Displays full markup username
  • Can be turned off via vBulletin Options

vBDownloads Statistics Display
  • Displays total number of downloads
  • Displays total number of files
  • Displays total bandwidth usage
  • Displays total storage space usage
  • Uses same HTML/CSS as forum home's "Forum Statistics" box
  • Can be turned off via vBulletin Options

Per-Usergroup "Minimum Posts" Bypass
  • Ability to bypass the "Minimum Posts" setting per-usergroup
  • Perfect for donator / VIP usergroups
  • Toggled via Usergroup Manager

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This mod displays a copyright notification in the footer of pages generated by this mod which includes:
  • 1 Link to DragonByte Technologies homepage
  • 1 Link to Product Description page of this modification

jluerken 23 Oct 2010 23:27

Nice but the demo page for the product on your page does not work for guests.
Quote:

You are not authorised to use this feature

DragonByte Tech 23 Oct 2010 23:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by jluerken (Post 2113374)
Nice but the demo page for the product on your page does not work for guests.

Let me fix that for you.

- David

NUTNDUN 24 Oct 2010 00:11

Any chance of a import script to go from downloadsII to this?

JADM 24 Oct 2010 00:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by NUTNDUN (Post 2113394)
Any chance of a import script to go from downloadsII to this?

+1

Also, can you associate icons with the categories? That would be a nice feature.

DragonByte Tech 24 Oct 2010 00:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by NUTNDUN (Post 2113394)
Any chance of a import script to go from downloadsII to this?

There is one included at the moment but it is in a beta stage. If you are going to use it, make sure you test it on a test forum first and backup your data! Not doing so could result in a complete loss of DownloadsII files.

- David

DragonByte Tech 24 Oct 2010 00:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by JADM (Post 2113395)
+1

Also, can you associate icons with the categories? That would be a nice feature.

That will be coming in the next version :)

- David

NUTNDUN 24 Oct 2010 00:26

If you can have the importer working great then I will pay for the lifetime pro version. We are having nothing but trouble right now with downloadsII and am ready to find a different solution.

DragonByte Tech 24 Oct 2010 00:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by NUTNDUN (Post 2113401)
If you can have the importer working great then I will pay for the lifetime pro version. We are having nothing but trouble right now with downloadsII and am ready to find a different solution.

I'll be doing extensive testing on it over the next few days. It should be out of beta then :)

- David

NUTNDUN 24 Oct 2010 00:49

Ok cool, sounds good and I will keep checking in.

carrlos 24 Oct 2010 00:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by NUTNDUN (Post 2113406)
Ok cool, sounds good and I will keep checking in.

+1 ...............

Devil_Dog 24 Oct 2010 03:26

Nice but how about some install instructions.

Hippy 24 Oct 2010 04:11

I'm going to test it out
to see what vb4.0.8 affects on it
I'm sure it's going to through the tabs all out of wack..
Looks promsing from your demo link.
I may want the pro version as well..
thanks again for your hard work..

Hippy 24 Oct 2010 04:38

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Devil_Dog (Post 2113447)
Nice but how about some install instructions.

Upload everything from the upload folder to your server via ftp..
go into your admincp and import product..
browse for the XML folder thats was in the zip file...
pick your version of vb and import the XML file



______________________________________________


I did a few quick tests.
I was wondering if I upload a image should it resize to a thumbnail?
the thumbnails for the board are set to 100x90
image attached to show the issue.

also the button ? Do I need to enable it somewheres or I do I need to create my own

thanks again

iask 24 Oct 2010 07:33

Look nice

daveb47 24 Oct 2010 09:25

Installed on test board,works fine but really could do with upload progress bar.
If import script works will definately buy pro

DragonByte Tech 24 Oct 2010 11:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hippy (Post 2113464)
Upload everything from the upload folder to your server via ftp..
go into your admincp and import product..
browse for the XML folder thats was in the zip file...
pick your version of vb and import the XML file



______________________________________________


I did a few quick tests.
I was wondering if I upload a image should it resize to a thumbnail?
the thumbnails for the board are set to 100x90
image attached to show the issue.

also the button ? Do I need to enable it somewheres or I do I need to create my own

thanks again

All images automatically create a thumbnail of 100x100 :) As for the button, which button are you talking about?


Quote:

Originally Posted by Myster Dude (Post 2113512)
Installed on test board,works fine but really could do with upload progress bar.
If import script works will definately buy pro

Upload Progress bar is already planned and should be implemented soon enough. I am testing the import script at the moment. You could definitely try it on a test board first and see if that works for you. The reason it is in beta is because I haven't been able to test it as much as I would have liked.

- David

Hippy 24 Oct 2010 15:33

1 Attachment(s)
as you seen in the screen shot no thumbnail was created ..

the button I was mentioning
see in the screenshot

flutter 24 Oct 2010 16:18

I just can't get this to work for me. I'm new like I said on the other thread. I cam ehere to see if I maybe had the wrong version.

I upload it all, I do take care to make sure the files go from the folder to their corresponding files on the server. I use core ftp.

I check my site and everything is fine.

I then go to manage plug isn and import the xml and my site turns to just a list of files.

I'm interested in three of your pro prodicts but not if I can't get them to work with 4.0.8.

What could be causing this?

As soon as I uninstall the xml through manage products my site goes back to normal.

I'm trying to get this site built as soon as I can and I don't want to attempt installing anything else until the download system is in, that way I know what mod is causing the issue. I have no theme as yet and likely won't take one, except for a bit of recolouring.

Can you help with this so that I can let my moderators test the lite one, please?

DragonByte Tech 24 Oct 2010 16:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hippy (Post 2113594)
as you seen in the screen shot no thumbnail was created ..

the button I was mentioning
see in the screenshot

You can turn that on/off per usergroup by selecting/unselecting them from the global module permissions. Thumbnails are generated for each image. If you right click on the thumbnail in a download and copy the url to it you will see this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by flutter (Post 2113625)
I just can't get this to work for me. I'm new like I said on the other thread. I cam ehere to see if I maybe had the wrong version.

I upload it all, I do take care to make sure the files go from the folder to their corresponding files on the server. I use core ftp.

I check my site and everything is fine.

I then go to manage plug isn and import the xml and my site turns to just a list of files.

I'm interested in three of your pro prodicts but not if I can't get them to work with 4.0.8.

What could be causing this?

As soon as I uninstall the xml through manage products my site goes back to normal.

I'm trying to get this site built as soon as I can and I don't want to attempt installing anything else until the download system is in, that way I know what mod is causing the issue. I have no theme as yet and likely won't take one, except for a bit of recolouring.

Can you help with this so that I can let my moderators test the lite one, please?

Could you PM me your FTP details and an admin account so I can install this for you.

- David

karkey 24 Oct 2010 17:40

As soon as the downloads II import is running A O K i will give this a bash :P

Tagged for now

DragonByte Tech 24 Oct 2010 17:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonByte Tech (Post 2113629)
You can turn that on/off per usergroup by selecting/unselecting them from the global module permissions. Thumbnails are generated for each image. If you right click on the thumbnail in a download and copy the url to it you will see this.


Could you PM me your FTP details and an admin account so I can install this for you.

- David

This problem has been fixed at the members site.

Quote:

Originally Posted by karkey (Post 2113652)
As soon as the downloads II import is running A O K i will give this a bash :P

Tagged for now

We should have it fully ready for you in the coming days!

- David

DragonByte Tech 24 Oct 2010 17:56

Updated the zip:

No version change at this time, just some minor bug fixed.

- Module configuration warning should only should up in vbdownloads.php now.
- Fixed a CSS bug
- Fixed a bug in vBShout Integration that caused it to link to the wrong file.

To upgrade just reupload all the files and reimport the product file setting overwrite to yes.

- David

PS: For your patience, a preview of the next version! http://www.screencast-o-matic.com/watch/c66ZDx6VH

Montecristo 24 Oct 2010 21:47

Import product... DATABASE ERROR


Database error in vBulletin 4.0.8:

Invalid SQL:

INSERT INTO phrasetype (fieldname, title, editrows, product)
VALUES ('dbtech_downloads', 'Dragonbyte-Tech: Downloads', 3, 'dbtech_downloads');

MySQL Error : Duplicate entry 'dbtech_downloads' for key 1
Error Number : 1062
Request Date : Sunday, October 24th 2010 @ 05:47:29 PM
Error Date : Sunday, October 24th 2010 @ 05:47:29 PM
Script : http://www.actors-studio.org/Foros/a...=productimport
Referrer : http://www.actors-studio.org/Foros/a...?do=productadd
IP Address : 190.177.225.98
Username : Actors
Classname : vB_Database
MySQL Version : 4.1.13a-log

DragonByte Tech 24 Oct 2010 23:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montecristo (Post 2113705)
Import product... DATABASE ERROR


Database error in vBulletin 4.0.8:

Invalid SQL:

INSERT INTO phrasetype (fieldname, title, editrows, product)
VALUES ('dbtech_downloads', 'Dragonbyte-Tech: Downloads', 3, 'dbtech_downloads');

MySQL Error : Duplicate entry 'dbtech_downloads' for key 1
Error Number : 1062
Request Date : Sunday, October 24th 2010 @ 05:47:29 PM
Error Date : Sunday, October 24th 2010 @ 05:47:29 PM
Script : http://www.actors-studio.org/Foros/a...=productimport
Referrer : http://www.actors-studio.org/Foros/a...?do=productadd
IP Address : 190.177.225.98
Username : Actors
Classname : vB_Database
MySQL Version : 4.1.13a-log

Run the following query and reinstall.


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


- David

Montecristo 24 Oct 2010 23:14

Thanks....

and now...:

Database error in vBulletin 4.0.8:

Invalid SQL:

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `dbtech_downloads_filegroup` (
`groupid` INT(10) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
`userid` INT(20) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
`groupname` VARCHAR(1000) NOT NULL,
`groupdesc` MEDIUMTEXT NULL,
`downloads` INT(15) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
`files` MEDIUMTEXT NULL,
`filecount` INT(5) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
`image` SMALLINT(10) NULL DEFAULT '0',
`rating` INT(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
`updated` INT(10) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
`categoryid` INT(20) NOT NULL,
`moderation` ENUM('0','1') NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
`password` CHAR(250) NULL DEFAULT NULL,
`private` MEDIUMTEXT NULL,
`favourites` INT(10) NULL DEFAULT '0',
`mirrors` MEDIUMTEXT NULL DEFAULT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (`groupid`),
INDEX `groupname` (`groupname`),
INDEX `userid` (`userid`)
);

MySQL Error : BLOB/TEXT column 'groupname' used in key specification without a key length
Error Number : 1170
Request Date : Sunday, October 24th 2010 @ 07:12:38 PM
Error Date : Sunday, October 24th 2010 @ 07:12:38 PM
Script : http://www.actors-studio.org/Foros/a...=productimport
Referrer : http://www.actors-studio.org/Foros/a...?do=productadd
IP Address : 190.177.225.98
Username : Actors
Classname : vB_Database
MySQL Version : 4.1.13a-log

DragonByte Tech 24 Oct 2010 23:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montecristo (Post 2113735)
Thanks....

and now...:

Database error in vBulletin 4.0.8:

Invalid SQL:

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `dbtech_downloads_filegroup` (
`groupid` INT(10) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
`userid` INT(20) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
`groupname` VARCHAR(1000) NOT NULL,
`groupdesc` MEDIUMTEXT NULL,
`downloads` INT(15) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
`files` MEDIUMTEXT NULL,
`filecount` INT(5) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
`image` SMALLINT(10) NULL DEFAULT '0',
`rating` INT(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
`updated` INT(10) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
`categoryid` INT(20) NOT NULL,
`moderation` ENUM('0','1') NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
`password` CHAR(250) NULL DEFAULT NULL,
`private` MEDIUMTEXT NULL,
`favourites` INT(10) NULL DEFAULT '0',
`mirrors` MEDIUMTEXT NULL DEFAULT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (`groupid`),
INDEX `groupname` (`groupname`),
INDEX `userid` (`userid`)
);

MySQL Error : BLOB/TEXT column 'groupname' used in key specification without a key length
Error Number : 1170
Request Date : Sunday, October 24th 2010 @ 07:12:38 PM
Error Date : Sunday, October 24th 2010 @ 07:12:38 PM
Script : http://www.actors-studio.org/Foros/a...=productimport
Referrer : http://www.actors-studio.org/Foros/a...?do=productadd
IP Address : 190.177.225.98
Username : Actors
Classname : vB_Database
MySQL Version : 4.1.13a-log

I'll have a fix up soon.

- David

Montecristo 24 Oct 2010 23:22

no groupname(varchar1000)

yes groupname(varhcar250)

How can edit the install variable?

DragonByte Tech 24 Oct 2010 23:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montecristo (Post 2113740)
no groupname(varchar1000)

yes groupname(varhcar250)

How can edit the install variable?

Redownload the files and try the installer again. Should work for you this time.

- David

Montecristo 24 Oct 2010 23:42

Ok, thanks dragon I edit 100.php and replace all varchar(1000) for varchar(250) and works for me.

Thanks....

Suggestion:

One could add a field to place who is the author of this file? Which is not automatic.

and

add sub-categorie

Excellent Work!!!!!

DragonByte Tech 24 Oct 2010 23:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montecristo (Post 2113748)
Ok, thanks dragon I edit 100.php and replace all varchar(1000) for varchar(250) and works for me.

Thanks....

Suggestion:

One could add a field to place who is the author of this file? Which is not automatic.

You mean set the author yourself and not have it set to whoever is uploading? I suppose I could look into adding something like that. I'll consider it!

- David

Montecristo 25 Oct 2010 01:16

Thanks!!!!!!!

The thing is I upload books, plays theater and other things where I'd like to have a field for the "title" and one for the "authors" beyond who makes the UPLOAD.

NUTNDUN 25 Oct 2010 01:24

I wanted to mention and didn't realize I forgot, sub categories please, we are 5 levels deep on some of our categories. :D

If it already has sub categories just ignore my nonsense LOL

DragonByte Tech 25 Oct 2010 01:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montecristo (Post 2113771)
Thanks!!!!!!!

The thing is I upload books, plays theater and other things where I'd like to have a field for the "title" and one for the "authors" beyond who makes the UPLOAD.

Ahh, I am planning on adding a feature that will allow you to create your own input items in a future version. That will do what you are looking for.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NUTNDUN (Post 2113774)
I wanted to mention and didn't realize I forgot, sub categories please, we are 5 levels deep on some of our categories. :D

If it already has sub categories just ignore my nonsense LOL

Sub-categories is not in right now but tons of people have been requesting them so I will have them in soon enough!

- David

NUTNDUN 25 Oct 2010 02:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonByte Tech (Post 2113781)
Sub-categories is not in right now but tons of people have been requesting them so I will have them in soon enough!

- David


Excellent :D

Montecristo 25 Oct 2010 02:52

Report a new bug. ;)

File Information
Autor Actors
Last Updated M jS, Y
Category Obras de teatro - Autor Argentino
Total Downloads 0

View de date... M jS, Y

https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/


:confused:

Taurus1 25 Oct 2010 04:05

Getting a database error when importing the product:

Database error in vBulletin 4.0.8:

Invalid SQL:

DELETE FROM vbphrasetype
WHERRE fieldname = 'dbtech_downloads';

MySQL Error : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERRE fieldname = 'dbtech_downloads'' at line 2
Error Number : 1064
Request Date : Monday, October 25th 2010 @ 03:02:46 AM
Error Date : Monday, October 25th 2010 @ 03:02:47 AM
Script :
Referrer :
IP Address :
Username : TheBull
Classname : vB_Database
MySQL Version : 5.1.51-log

DragonByte Tech 25 Oct 2010 12:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taurus1 (Post 2113816)
Getting a database error when importing the product:

Database error in vBulletin 4.0.8:

Invalid SQL:

DELETE FROM vbphrasetype
WHERRE fieldname = 'dbtech_downloads';

MySQL Error : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERRE fieldname = 'dbtech_downloads'' at line 2
Error Number : 1064
Request Date : Monday, October 25th 2010 @ 03:02:46 AM
Error Date : Monday, October 25th 2010 @ 03:02:47 AM
Script :
Referrer :
IP Address :
Username : TheBull
Classname : vB_Database
MySQL Version : 5.1.51-log

Woops, small typo from the last update. Please redownload the files and reinstall :)

- David

DragonByte Tech 25 Oct 2010 16:00

Updated:
DownloadsII importer should be fine to use now :)

To upgrade -> Just reupload the files.

To import -> Go to your AdminCP and then to Import Utility under the Downloads category.

- David

Taurus1 25 Oct 2010 16:12

Thanks David worked fine now. Can you please give me an example of what the downloads path should look like in the settings. Does not matter what I input there, I keep getting
Quote:

You did not enter a valid value for this setting.
error.

Thanks.

DragonByte Tech 25 Oct 2010 16:14

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taurus1 (Post 2113983)
Thanks David worked fine now. Can you please give me an example of what the downloads path should look like in the settings. Does not matter what I input there, I keep getting error.

Thanks.

Upload the following file and run it. That should give you an idea of what your path will look like. Also, make sure the folder you are referencing actually exists.

- David

Taurus1 25 Oct 2010 16:32

OK, thank you. Got that now.

I set up some categories with permissions, but don't have a downloads tab in my navbar though.

EDIT: Sorry missed post #20 here. Got it working now. And thanks for another fantastic mod. Looking at the pro version now.

DragonByte Tech 25 Oct 2010 16:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taurus1 (Post 2113990)
OK, thank you. Got that now.

I set up some categories with permissions, but don't have a downloads tab in my navbar though.

Make sure your usergroup is included in the global module.

- David

Taurus1 25 Oct 2010 17:01

Yeah, I edited my post. Got it. Thanks.

One more question. Sorry.

Does it support image links? I tried to add an image with a link, but it won't display.

DragonByte Tech 25 Oct 2010 17:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taurus1 (Post 2114002)
Yeah, I edited my post. Got it. Thanks.

One more question. Sorry.

Does it support image links? I tried to add an image with a link, but it won't display.

That's not supported at the moment no :)

- David

Taurus1 25 Oct 2010 17:37

OK, thank you again.

And when I add a description, it displays this after I save it:

AlienWare Icon Pack With Installer, Blue 64bit systems<br>

With all these...amp, etc at the back. Does not matter if I edit it.

DragonByte Tech 25 Oct 2010 17:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taurus1 (Post 2114017)
OK, thank you again.

And when I add a description, it displays this after I save it:

AlienWare Icon Pack With Installer, Blue 64bit systems<br>

With all these...amp, etc at the back. Does not matter if I edit it.

I'll get that fixed soon.

- David

Nephalim 26 Oct 2010 03:09

Any examples of how it works with vbCredits II deluxe? Buy ... Sell downloads.


Thanks

DragonByte Tech 26 Oct 2010 04:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nephalim (Post 2114207)
Any examples of how it works with vbCredits II deluxe? Buy ... Sell downloads.


Thanks

It is a pretty basic integration at the moment. You can charge or give users credits for uploading and downloading files.

- David

daveb47 26 Oct 2010 15:45

Cant seem to get import working,Imports cats ok but not files.
Also how does import work with linked files???

DragonByte Tech 26 Oct 2010 16:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myster Dude (Post 2114438)
Cant seem to get import working,Imports cats ok but not files.
Also how does import work with linked files???

What part is it failing on? It doesn't work with linked files at the moment but I suppose I could add that in.

- David

Montecristo 26 Oct 2010 17:02

Any idea my friend????



Quote:

Originally Posted by Montecristo (Post 2113797)
Report a new bug. ;)

File Information
Autor Actors
Last Updated M jS, Y
Category Obras de teatro - Autor Argentino
Total Downloads 0

View de date... M jS, Y

http://www.actors-studio.org/imagenes/down1.jpghttp://www.actors-studio.org/imagenes/down2.jpg


:confused:


DragonByte Tech 26 Oct 2010 17:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montecristo (Post 2114466)
Any idea my friend????

Oops sorry, must have missed your post. Could you send me a link to your site please :) My sincere apologies for the delay!

- David

Montecristo 26 Oct 2010 17:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonByte Tech (Post 2114482)
Oops sorry, must have missed your post. Could you send me a link to your site please :) My sincere apologies for the delay!

- David

Jejejej. Thanks... i send PM.

NokStar 26 Oct 2010 18:00

Please provide vbadvanced module.

DragonByte Tech 26 Oct 2010 18:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by NokStar (Post 2114486)
Please provide vbadvanced module.

I'll consider making one! :)

- David

daveb47 26 Oct 2010 18:19

Another nice thing would be a post to thread addon.
And import linked files is a must.

DragonByte Tech 26 Oct 2010 18:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myster Dude (Post 2114496)
Another nice thing would be a post to thread addon.
And import linked files is a must.

Thanks for your suggestions! :)

- David

WassoufTunClub 27 Oct 2010 00:50

thanks you man

I have a proposition;to download from an external link file

DragonByte Tech 27 Oct 2010 01:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by WassoufTunClub (Post 2114654)
thanks you man

I have a proposition;to download from an external link file

You can add links to downloads already :)

- David

TeknoSounds 27 Oct 2010 03:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonByte Tech (Post 2114489)
I'll consider making one! :)

- David

Would so love this!

Can't wait for this to sound all stable (esp importing from DLII) :D Was excited to see this posted by you guys.

Does it have a ability to mass moderate comments? I get a lot of spammers that'll post since comments are open to guests as well.

Def am considering Pro :)

DragonByte Tech 27 Oct 2010 03:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeknoSounds (Post 2114681)
Would so love this!

Can't wait for this to sound all stable (esp importing from DLII) :D Was excited to see this posted by you guys.

Does it have a ability to mass moderate comments? I get a lot of spammers that'll post since comments are open to guests as well.

Def am considering Pro :)

Doesn't have that ability right now but I'll add it to the feature request list :) The DownloadsII importer is working pretty well at the moment but as someone mentioned, it doesn't import links right now. I'll work on getting that in in the coming days. Flash uploads and sub-categories will also be in fairly soon! Overall we hope this will be a solid replacement for you all!

- David

Montecristo 27 Oct 2010 03:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonByte Tech (Post 2114687)
Doesn't have that ability right now but I'll add it to the feature request list :) The DownloadsII importer is working pretty well at the moment but as someone mentioned, it doesn't import links right now. I'll work on getting that in in the coming days. Flash uploads and sub-categories will also be in fairly soon! Overall we hope this will be a solid replacement for you all!

- David

Do not forget to add one more field ...


I can not stand the wait! :p:rolleyes::eek::up:

sapphiremagus 27 Oct 2010 04:12

https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/

The highlighted field will not accept 0 as an entry.

Rather, there's no error message and click Save will show normal processing - however, the value reverts to 1 after clicking Save.

It will accept higher values than one, but it seems to have a built in min value of 1. There are several files I'd like to make available for public downloading on my site that would require this to be set to 0 so anyone may download.

Help? :D

DragonByte Tech 27 Oct 2010 11:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by sapphiremagus (Post 2114701)
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/

The highlighted field will not accept 0 as an entry.

Rather, there's no error message and click Save will show normal processing - however, the value reverts to 1 after clicking Save.

It will accept higher values than one, but it seems to have a built in min value of 1. There are several files I'd like to make available for public downloading on my site that would require this to be set to 0 so anyone may download.

Help? :D

I'll update the files in a sec. Thanks for reporting!

- David

Cybex 27 Oct 2010 13:15

You should consider writing a tool to migrate to this mod from DownloadsII. I would really consider moving to this mod if there was a tool available...

DragonByte Tech 27 Oct 2010 14:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cybex (Post 2114839)
You should consider writing a tool to migrate to this mod from DownloadsII. I would really consider moving to this mod if there was a tool available...

Such tool is already available :)

- David

DragonByte Tech 27 Oct 2010 16:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by sapphiremagus (Post 2114701)
http://www.houseofkarrdes.com/images/dbt_dl_error.png

The highlighted field will not accept 0 as an entry.

Rather, there's no error message and click Save will show normal processing - however, the value reverts to 1 after clicking Save.

It will accept higher values than one, but it seems to have a built in min value of 1. There are several files I'd like to make available for public downloading on my site that would require this to be set to 0 so anyone may download.

Help? :D

Should be fixed for you now :up:

- David

TeknoSounds 28 Oct 2010 03:25

Just a couple more requests if you would please :D

- Create New Thread for new file
- a vbAdvanced module / CMS module for Latest Files | Top Files | Top Contributors | Highest rated?

Getting ready to install this soon!

sapphiremagus 28 Oct 2010 06:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonByte Tech (Post 2114893)
Should be fixed for you now :up:

- David

Much appreciated, works perfectly.

daveb47 28 Oct 2010 07:58

This is looking to be a great mod,fantastic support as well.
Not installed on main board yet because of no links import.
Second the vbadvanced modules need though

DragonByte Tech 28 Oct 2010 13:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myster Dude (Post 2115126)
This is looking to be a great mod,fantastic support as well.
Not installed on main board yet because of no links import.
Second the vbadvanced modules need though

Should have links importing very soon! :up:

- David

lemonadesoda 28 Oct 2010 20:13

Looks nice. And tight.

Do I understand that this download section is independent from standard post attachments? Or do post attachments appear in downloads?

Is there a "who downloaded, and when" feature?

Can downloads be stored in a folder, or are they in an SQL database?

DragonByte Tech 28 Oct 2010 20:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by lemonadesoda (Post 2115336)
Looks nice. And tight.

Do I understand that this download section is independent from standard post attachments? Or do post attachments appear in downloads?

Is there a "who downloaded, and when" feature?

Can downloads be stored in a folder, or are they in an SQL database?

It is independant from post attachments yes. There isn't a "who downloaded and when" feature currently but it is still early days :)

Downloads are currently folder only. I don't know how well MySQL would handle 50MB files etc so I decided on folder only. The location and name of the folder is entirely configurable however.

I hope this answers your questions.

- David

TeknoSounds 29 Oct 2010 03:47

yeah database storage wouldn't be a good idea for me at all. Planning on using it for downloading DJ mixes. Mixes usually are 80-120MB a piece, plus the shoutcast server needs it to be out there.

Ahh yes, DLII had a profile tab which linked files they'd uploaded.

And as mentioned earlier wouldn't mind at all if these were Pro features, right now planning on upgrading soon :)

DragonByte Tech 29 Oct 2010 04:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeknoSounds (Post 2115484)
yeah database storage wouldn't be a good idea for me at all. Planning on using it for downloading DJ mixes. Mixes usually are 80-120MB a piece, plus the shoutcast server needs it to be out there.

Ahh yes, DLII had a profile tab which linked files they'd uploaded.

And as mentioned earlier wouldn't mind at all if these were Pro features, right now planning on upgrading soon :)

I'm hoping to get a profile tab done for an upcoming version. It should definitely be done :)

- David

Hippy 29 Oct 2010 22:48

I been keeping up with this thread / mod ..
thanks for putting out a supported download mod -David

I haven't had time to play I been away fro work. but I did install the last version before I left..

if you remember i had the issue with the thumbnail on uploaded image..

well after upgrading, it's not making them at all..
just full size image ..

anyway. like i said i have not had time to test or track it down..

When upgrading I didn't change any settings for this to change .. just uploaded your files and imported the xml..

and uploaded a test picture.



thanks again for your efforts

DragonByte Tech 29 Oct 2010 23:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hippy (Post 2115822)
I been keeping up with this thread / mod ..
thanks for putting out a supported download mod -David

I haven't had time to play I been away fro work. but I did install the last version before I left..

if you remember i had the issue with the thumbnail on uploaded image..

well after upgrading, it's not making them at all..
just full size image ..

anyway. like i said i have not had time to test or track it down..

When upgrading I didn't change any settings for this to change .. just uploaded your files and imported the xml..

and uploaded a test picture.



thanks again for your efforts

Hey,

Could you send me a link to your site? It will help with getting this sorted for you!

- David

x9751 30 Oct 2010 09:21

Umm noobish question... How do i integrate with vBcredits? The importer? cause that just shows a blank page installed on vB 4.0.8

DragonByte Tech 30 Oct 2010 14:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by x9751 (Post 2115970)
Umm noobish question... How do i integrate with vBcredits? The importer? cause that just shows a blank page installed on vB 4.0.8

After you download the files, you should see a folder called integration. Open that and install the xml file in the folder via your AdminCP. You should then have the actions available in vBCreditsII.

- David

Alucard^ 30 Oct 2010 14:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonByte Tech (Post 2113984)
Upload the following file and run it. That should give you an idea of what your path will look like. Also, make sure the folder you are referencing actually exists.

- David

Didn't understand at all this, where i should upload that checkdir.php? i tested inside the forum folder but say only "DIR".

Thanks.

DragonByte Tech 30 Oct 2010 15:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alucard^ (Post 2116027)
Didn't understand at all this, where i should upload that checkdir.php? i tested inside the forum folder but say only "DIR".

Thanks.

Upload to your forum root and then just go to http://www.YOURSITE.com/forum/checkdir.php

That should show you the path to your forum.

NOTE: On some Unix variants, getcwd() (the function used in checkdir.php) will return FALSE if any one of the parent directories does not have the readable or search mode set, even if the current directory does.

I hope this helps. If that file fails, you could contact your hosting company and ask them for the path. They most likely will be able to provide it for you.

- David

DragonByte Tech 30 Oct 2010 19:28

Updated to 1.1.0:

New Features:
- Flash Uploading ***
- Sub-Categories ***
- Improved Importer

Note: Those marked with *** are Pro only features.

- David

x9751 30 Oct 2010 20:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonByte Tech (Post 2116024)
After you download the files, you should see a folder called integration. Open that and install the xml file in the folder via your AdminCP. You should then have the actions available in vBCreditsII.

- David

Hmm I don't see a folder called integration? It says it is a light feature so i know its not that... Or am i just blind.

TeknoSounds 30 Oct 2010 20:51

Flash uploading? could you provide some more details? :)

Alucard^ 31 Oct 2010 02:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonByte Tech (Post 2116037)
Upload to your forum root and then just go to http://www.YOURSITE.com/forum/checkdir.php

That should show you the path to your forum.

NOTE: On some Unix variants, getcwd() (the function used in checkdir.php) will return FALSE if any one of the parent directories does not have the readable or search mode set, even if the current directory does.

I hope this helps. If that file fails, you could contact your hosting company and ask them for the path. They most likely will be able to provide it for you.

- David

Are you sure that this is the correct code of this file?


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

There isn't nothing called "getcwd()" in the code.

Sry for my english.

Taurus1 31 Oct 2010 02:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonByte Tech (Post 2114024)
I'll get that fixed soon.

- David

Any update on when this will get fixed? It is really annoying. It leaves the comments in a mess. And I can not even edit it. It looks even worst after editing.

Thank you.

Quote:

And when I add a description, it displays this after I save it:

AlienWare Icon Pack With Installer, Blue 64bit systems<br>

With all these...amp, etc at the back. Does not matter if I edit it.

DragonByte Tech 31 Oct 2010 14:06

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alucard^ (Post 2116232)
Are you sure that this is the correct code of this file?


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

There isn't nothing called "getcwd()" in the code.

Sry for my english.

Ahh, that was the old file. Forgot that I had updated it :P Try the one attached to this post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeknoSounds (Post 2116138)
Flash uploading? could you provide some more details? :)

This will basically allow you to track the time it will take until your files will be uploaded with a progress bar. This is handy for larger files especially.

Quote:

Originally Posted by x9751 (Post 2116132)
Hmm I don't see a folder called integration? It says it is a light feature so i know its not that... Or am i just blind.

I seem to have left it out. I'll update the files now and you should have the folder.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taurus1 (Post 2116236)
Any update on when this will get fixed? It is really annoying. It leaves the comments in a mess. And I can not even edit it. It looks even worst after editing.

Thank you.

It should be fixed in the version I have just released. Could you upgrade to that and try it. If that fails, could you PM me admin access to your site.

- David

AURFSCAN 31 Oct 2010 16:36

Hi dbtech...

Install - good
Import from dlII - good

Configure catagories - bad... click save and get this.

this error after adding a 'test' category and same error for configuring an Imported category

thx



Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


DragonByte Tech 31 Oct 2010 18:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by AURFSCAN (Post 2116376)
Hi dbtech...

Install - good
Import from dlII - good

Configure catagories - bad... click save and get this.

this error after adding a 'test' category and same error for configuring an Imported category

thx



Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Hrm, thought I had that fixed in the version I just released. Let me check and make sure I have the right files included.

- David

DragonByte Tech 31 Oct 2010 23:03

If you are getting the 'unknown column parentid' error, please run the following query:


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Make sure to replace {YOUR TABLE PREFIX} with your table prefix.


I will have the files updated soon with a fix to this but if you are already on 1.1.0 you will need to run this.

- David

drsmash 01 Nov 2010 00:45

i have Problem with UTF database the arabic names like this
Quote:

????? ??????? ? ??????

TeknoSounds 01 Nov 2010 06:12

Oh another feature request I remembered :)

Tags and prefixes

AURFSCAN 01 Nov 2010 08:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonByte Tech (Post 2116523)
If you are getting the 'unknown column parentid' error, please run the following query:


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Make sure to replace {YOUR TABLE PREFIX} with your table prefix.


I will have the files updated soon with a fix to this but if you are already on 1.1.0 you will need to run this.

- David

Thx David that fixed that.... but

when clicking a file link to download the file, it just shows the 'no image' pic

eg. vbdownloads.php?fileid=85&do=file just displays a new page with the 'no image' pic

cheers, lookin good

CoZmicShReddeR 01 Nov 2010 08:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by AURFSCAN (Post 2116376)
Hi dbtech...

Install - good
Import from dlII - good

Configure catagories - bad... click save and get this.

this error after adding a 'test' category and same error for configuring an Imported category

thx



Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Same here!

daveb47 01 Nov 2010 10:57

Can lite be upgraded to pro without losing anything??

Also urgently need either Post to thread on upload or vbadvanced module for new uploads.
Thanx

DragonByte Tech 01 Nov 2010 20:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myster Dude (Post 2116672)
Can lite be upgraded to pro without losing anything??

Also urgently need either Post to thread on upload or vbadvanced module for new uploads.
Thanx

No data is lost on upgrading :) I'll be releasing another update soon. I'm planning on adding a post to thread option with it. Let me know if you require any more assistance.

- David

x9751 01 Nov 2010 22:59

Okay i got it integrated and i am assuming i set an event in vBcredits?

DragonByte Tech 01 Nov 2010 23:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by x9751 (Post 2116911)
Okay i got it integrated and i am assuming i set an event in vBcredits?

You assume correctly :D

- David

AURFSCAN 02 Nov 2010 00:51

David,

any idea as why a file wont dowload?

post 24:

when clicking a file link to download the file, it just shows the 'no image' pic

eg. vbdownloads.php?fileid=85&do=file just displays a new page with the 'no image' pic


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:47.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.14
Copyright © 2020, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All Rights Reserved. vBulletin® is a registered trademark of MH Sub I, LLC
Copyright ©2001 - , vbulletin.org. All rights reserved.