vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=252497

thebigherm 06 Jan 2011 19:39

Excellent mod! This has enabled me to switch from DownloadsII seamlessly!

One question, though....I have attempted to alter the .htaccess file to increase the size of downloads allowed. Is this the proper way to go about this, or is there another way I should go?

TeknoSounds 07 Jan 2011 06:10

if you have access to your php.ini file, def change it there vs trying to do the htaccess way. But either is acceptable.

OMAN_LOVER 07 Jan 2011 21:38

it has many problems with me

DragonByte Tech 10 Jan 2011 09:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by OMAN_LOVER (Post 2145603)
it has many problems with me

Could you perhaps give us any examples? It's not really possible for us to fix problems without knowing what they are =(

Iain

OMAN_LOVER 11 Jan 2011 18:32

The Thumbnail doesn't appear
also some times when I add link with the file it doesn't work and the file not upload and it show this characters ( < ) only I couldn't find where is the problem.

I tried to add ( docx) extension from the admin but it show already it's there and in fact only doc there ,, so when I try to upload file it say ( Invalid file type found. Please go back. )

Thanks for your support
Best Regards

tlwwolfseye 11 Jan 2011 20:26

That script sounds interesting. A question though. Is it possible to manually add downloads where the source is not an uploaded file but a file that is linked from some other webspace ?

Cheers

Wolf

DragonByte Tech 19 Jan 2011 16:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by tlwwolfseye (Post 2147657)
That script sounds interesting. A question though. Is it possible to manually add downloads where the source is not an uploaded file but a file that is linked from some other webspace ?

Cheers

Wolf

The mirrors feature allows you to add links to files :)

- David

Laurent42 24 Feb 2011 20:24

Hello,

First thanks for your plugin!

I have a few questions! :)
Is vbSEO compatible with vbDownloads?

On your demo Web site, the categories are in two rows?
Is it possible to have one category by line?

Are the listing look/theme easily customizable?
For example, is it possible to have a listing more compact such as http://www.minatica.be/downloads/cat/2-Audiovisueel ?

Neptun 27 Feb 2011 16:57

looks nice - has somebody custom url rewrites for seo for this product ?

DragonByte Tech 28 Feb 2011 00:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laurent42 (Post 2166424)
Hello,

First thanks for your plugin!

I have a few questions! :)
Is vbSEO compatible with vbDownloads?

On your demo Web site, the categories are in two rows?
Is it possible to have one category by line?

Are the listing look/theme easily customizable?
For example, is it possible to have a listing more compact such as http://www.minatica.be/downloads/cat/2-Audiovisueel ?

We haven't had any users complain about incompatibilities with vBSEO :)

With edits to a template I believe it is possible to have categories show on by one.

The dbtech_downloads.css file contains all the css used within vBDownloads. Editing that should allow you to achieve the desired results.

- David

TeknoSounds 01 Mar 2011 08:48

Greetings coders at DB-Tech

Curious if any headway was made on the comments section and the profile tab?

Specifically looking for management of the comments section including mass-delete. Also would be nice if could block or ban a spammer via IP (since allowing unregistered comments)

And the profile tab a listing of all files uploaded by a user.

morpheus302 02 Mar 2011 15:22

Is there any option to add automatically a thread after a file is submitted?

DragonByte Tech 03 Mar 2011 22:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeknoSounds (Post 2168143)
Greetings coders at DB-Tech

Curious if any headway was made on the comments section and the profile tab?

Specifically looking for management of the comments section including mass-delete. Also would be nice if could block or ban a spammer via IP (since allowing unregistered comments)

And the profile tab a listing of all files uploaded by a user.

We are currently in the process of releasing version 1.3.0. It should be available soon. We have also noted some of your suggestions and may add them in future versions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by morpheus302 (Post 2168711)
Is there any option to add automatically a thread after a file is submitted?

There is but unfortunately it is a pro only feature :(

- David

synseal 03 Mar 2011 23:55

I have bought quite a few products from you BUT the amount of footer links you add is ridiculous.

I bought 1 mod, the * InfoPanels Pro and you added 2 footer links for just one modification so I had to get rid of that.

If every mod I bought or installed had this the footer would go on forever.

Why, when we buy pro do you insist on filling our forums with your links.

As a buyer of your modifications (which are great), this really puts me off buying anything else.

I have bought info panels from you but I have had to disable it because you have added 2 footer links,

1 for the xstats then 1 for the infopanel.

DragonByte Tech 04 Mar 2011 00:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by synseal (Post 2169268)
I have bought quite a few products from you BUT the amount of footer links you add is ridiculous.

I bought 1 mod, the * InfoPanels Pro and you added 2 footer links for just one modification so I had to get rid of that.

If every mod I bought or installed had this the footer would go on forever.

Why, when we buy pro do you insist on filling our forums with your links.

I cannot speak for other Dragonbyte-Tech mods except for the ones I have developed. In vBDownloads case, the only branding on the mod is a link in the footer on vBDownload pages i.e pages within the vbdownloads.php file. As far as I know, the only mods that add global footer links are the ones that are utilised throughout the forum and have no one specific location (vBOptimise for example). I hope this helps you understand the reasoning behind the location of our branding. I will have Iain follow up on this with a more official response.

- David