vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=203353

1.7.3 Features
by Sorky
17 Jun 2009 11:39

Change Log

1. Hiding SubForums now hides the SubForums: prefix as well
2. Hover over the counts to see what they are (added title to the count span)
3. Other minor coding and commenting adjustments

Alfa1 19 Jun 2009 02:06

If you hide a sub-forum, that is actually a sub-sub-forum, then it will be hidden on the display of its parent. But it will not be hidden on the main forum index/ FORUMHOME.

Example:

- Forum A
- Forum B
-- subforum1
-- subforum2
--- subsubforum1
--- subsubforum2
--- subsubforum3
--- subsubforum4
- Forum C
- Forum D

If you hide the children of subforum2, then subsubforum1,2,3,4 will not show on the forumdisplay of Forum B. But they will still show on the main forum index.php while they should be hidden on the main forum index as well.

Sorky 19 Jun 2009 02:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alfa1 (Post 1832361)
If you hide a sub-forum, that is actually a sub-sub-forum, then it will be hidden on the display of its parent. But it will not be hidden on the main forum index/ FORUMHOME.

The option is designed to hide the SubForum display for a specified forum, not to specify a Forum that would not be visible (ie: you specify the parent). Hiding particular forums completely would be better served using forum permissions. Note also that the Forum-Jump-Menu would have them listed.

Although I do somewhat understand what you are asking, this Mod is more about cosmetics than security.

Alfa1 20 Jun 2009 00:48

For cosmetic reasons I would like to hide some subsubforums from index.php (forum index) while showing its parent subforum. Could you add this function?

Sorky 21 Jun 2009 01:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alfa1 (Post 1833000)
For cosmetic reasons I would like to hide some subsubforums from index.php (forum index) while showing its parent subforum. Could you add this function?

Would you not simply use the "Forum is Active" option in the actual subsubforums configuration? That hides it from view in all the displays (including the jump menu).

Alfa1 21 Jun 2009 20:12

I want them to be visible when viewing in its parent or its children. I only want to hide it from forum index (forum/index.php)

acanuck 21 Jun 2009 22:50

Thanks for the awesome mod :-)

I was wondering how I can still have the Last Post, Threads and Posts Counts show for the subforums as done here:
http://www.weusecoupons.com/upload/

Sorky 21 Jun 2009 23:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by acanuck (Post 1834363)
I was wondering how I can still have the Last Post, Threads and Posts Counts show for the subforums as done here:
http://www.weusecoupons.com/upload/

There are options that lets you display the counts

acanuck 22 Jun 2009 00:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorky (Post 1834370)
There are options that lets you display the counts

Thanks for your reply Sorky. I know I can have the counts display in brackets next to the forum title. But what I mean is, how does http://www.weusecoupons.com/upload/ show 3 more columns (including Last Post) to the right of the subforums columns?

Which option enables that?

Sorky 22 Jun 2009 01:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by acanuck (Post 1834400)
Which option enables that?

Those come from the standard vBulletin displays for a Forum... You are probably using a Category - In the Forum Manager, set the forums "Act as Forum" to Yes ;-)

trotskid 22 Jun 2009 12:21

Hi. I wondering how can I hide a subforum from the forumhome to only appears inside the forum (when you┤re inside the forum).

Thx ;)

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/2062/subx.png

Sorky 22 Jun 2009 14:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alfa1 (Post 1834274)
I want them to be visible when viewing in its parent or its children. I only want to hide it from forum index (forum/index.php)

Ok - I believe I have what you want ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by trotskid (Post 1834683)
Hi. I wondering how can I hide a subforum from the forumhome to only appears inside the forum (when you┤re inside the forum).

May be related to the new feature I just did (see above), or may simply be the use of the existing "Forums to not show any SubForums" option

Outbackmark 22 Jun 2009 14:55

Set that in VB Options/Forum Listings Display Options and if I remember correctly set the 1st setting for forum home display to 1 and the subs will only show when the forum is opened.

1.7.4 Features
by Sorky
22 Jun 2009 14:58

Change Log

1. Extra option added to allow specific forums to not show up in the SubForum list
2. Other minor coding and commenting adjustments

More detail

For change 1 see...
vBulletin Options
Sorky03 - SubForum List Control - V1.7.4
Miscellaneous Options (combines with all previous settings)
Forums that should NOT be listed in the SubForum

Outbackmark 22 Jun 2009 15:03

Cool Sorky, thanks - OBM updates!

trotskid 22 Jun 2009 15:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorky (Post 1834762)
or may simply be the use of the existing "Forums to not show any SubForums" option

Thank you Sorky :up:

Alfa1 26 Jun 2009 01:55

Thank you!

MentaL 28 Jul 2009 19:42

1 Attachment(s)
Since ive installed this I had some issues, when i disabled it , it automatically put my forum in to columns regardless of it being disabled... how do I resolve this?

Sorky 28 Jul 2009 22:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by MentaL (Post 1857355)
Since ive installed this I had some issues, when i disabled it , it automatically put my forum in to columns regardless of it being disabled... how do I resolve this?

PM me your URL and an admincp login and I'll check your settings and the styles.

MentaL 29 Jul 2009 00:42

I can give you the forum url and thats about it sorry :(

Sorky 29 Jul 2009 02:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by MentaL (Post 1857525)

Looked - I cannot help as you do not even have my plugin installed. I would be happy to install it for you if you would like (PM me).

TheSavant 07 Aug 2009 21:21

I had this going perfect then something happened and I can't get this to display my subforms in columns right.

Forum structure is:

-Venues (form closed/header only)
--NCAA
---ACC
----team 1 ----team 2 ----team3
----team4 ----team5 ----etc

I have adjusted the forum listing display options to no avail. Any idea what happened or what am i doing wrong?

-

Sorky 08 Aug 2009 00:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSavant (Post 1863276)
I had this going perfect then something happened and I can't get this to display my subforms in columns right.

Turn the debug option on and PM me a URL and I'll take a look...

daCocio 08 Aug 2009 11:51

How does this mod differ from Cyb - Sub-Forum Manager?

Sorky 08 Aug 2009 16:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by daCocio (Post 1863486)
How does this mod differ from Cyb - Sub-Forum Manager?

I once used his but I wanted more...
  1. a different number of columns for different forums
  2. vertical sorting
  3. expand/collapse
  4. more/less
  5. sub-subforums can be shown with indent
  6. +++

RedDevil 09 Aug 2009 05:06

Very nice - installed

One question.

I have the std and a dark style on my forum, is there a way to make it use the default background colours, its the only thing spoiling it at the minute, other wise excellent.

Sorky 09 Aug 2009 05:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red-Devil (Post 1863905)
One question.

I have the std and a dark style on my forum, is there a way to make it use the default background colours, its the only thing spoiling it at the minute, other wise excellent.

Easy - Adjust the formatting in "SubForum list Formatting (combines with all previous settings)"

use class="@@@" and define @@@ as you want it in each style ;-)

RedDevil 09 Aug 2009 06:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorky (Post 1863915)
Easy - Adjust the formatting in "SubForum list Formatting (combines with all previous settings)"

use class="@@@" and define @@@ as you want it in each style ;-)

wonderful thanks - 100% improved

Sorky 15 Aug 2009 10:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by MentaL (Post 1857525)

I see you now have it working - great news. Please remember to mark as installed.

1.8.0 Features
by Sorky
16 Aug 2009 15:12

6 Attachment(s)
Change Log

1. Description for the SubForums (as alt text)
2. Description for the SubForums (before/after the count)
3. Other minor coding and commenting adjustments

More detail
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/attac...1&d=1250434870
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/attac...1&d=1250434879

Meola 17 Aug 2009 06:48

Fantastic! thank you Sorky!
Is this MOD compatible with this hack? ForumHome Category Spacing [3.8]

And one more request! as you know, it's impossible to prevent showing subforums for certain forums on homepage by default, is this feature available now on your MOD?!
Thanks

Sorky 17 Aug 2009 08:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meola (Post 1868935)
Fantastic! thank you Sorky!
Is this MOD compatible with this hack? ForumHome Category Spacing [3.8]

And one more request! as you know, it's impossible to prevent showing subforums for certain forums on homepage by default, is this feature available now on your MOD?!
Thanks

You can easily test by loading and enabling mine - If it doesn't work, let me know and I'll be happy to investigate.

My PlugIn has an option to hide specific SubForums (they must be in the "SubForums:..." section).

cbiweb 02 Sep 2009 00:10

OUCH! :eek: I'm getting this error:

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '' (ASCII=30) state=2 in localhost:\path\to\forums\includes\functions_forumlist.php(501) : eval()'d code on line 2

Running vBulletin 3.8.4, and version 1.8.0 of this mod.

Sorky 02 Sep 2009 01:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbiweb (Post 1878100)
Unexpected character in input: (ASCII=30) state=2

I can understand the character existing but it is usually removed - unless some other PlugIn or a manual template change is interfering.
Quote:

Originally Posted by cbiweb (Post 1878100)
Running vBulletin 3.8.4, and version 1.8.0 of this mod.

I have that same setup verified here, so there must be something else...

Standard debugging...
  1. Disable all PlugIns except this and make sure it is working with a completely default standard style.
  2. Try with your other styles.
  3. Re-enable other Plug-Ins one by one.

I'll be happy to have a look for you if you PM me a link and login.

cbiweb 03 Sep 2009 02:58

I'm developing on my local machine, not able to give access to that. :)

But I did install your mod in a default vBulletin installation, with no other changed settings or templates or add-ons. And still get this:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Notice the two different ASCII references. These two lines of error messages repeat themselves down the whole page of the site.

Sorky 03 Sep 2009 10:35

If it is stock-standard, I'd expect myself and everyone to have the same problem...

But if you say so, there must be something else...
  • OS?
  • Web Server?
  • PHP version?
  • MySQL version?

I've sent you a PM with a suggested edit - let me know how it goes!

cbiweb 04 Sep 2009 00:22

Windows XP Home
Apache 2.0.55
PHP 5.2.1
MySQL 5.0.37

I've replied to your PM.

cbiweb 04 Sep 2009 01:05

Okay, I tried it on the remote server on my test board, and it works perfectly there. Very strange! But glad to know it will work for my members. :)

Sorky 04 Sep 2009 16:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbiweb (Post 1879324)
Okay, I tried it on the remote server on my test board, and it works perfectly there. Very strange! But glad to know it will work for my members. :)

Glad it is working... Now if only I can figure out why you had trouble:confused:

cbiweb 05 Sep 2009 23:32

It can only be a local setting on my Apache or something. I don't have the time or ambition to track it down, but long as it works on the live server for visitors, that's good enough for me. Thanks. :)

Sorky 07 Sep 2009 06:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbiweb (Post 1880315)
It can only be a local setting on my Apache or something. I don't have the time or ambition to track it down, but long as it works on the live server for visitors, that's good enough for me. Thanks. :)

For what it is worth, my test system uses...
Windows XP Pro

WampServer
  • Apache 2.2.8
  • PHP 5.2.6
  • MySQL 5.0.51b

xuanhuy238 25 Sep 2009 04:20

Hi Sorky,

Thanks for this hack but I got some problem from this. I set SubForum "Sort Alphabetically" but it doesn't work. When any subforums had a new post and it auto-sort to the first.

I set Depth of Sub-Forums = 1.

Link: http://yega.game4v.vn/

I need your help!

Sorky 01 Oct 2009 08:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by xuanhuy238 (Post 1890279)
Thanks for this hack but I got some problem from this. I set SubForum "Sort Alphabetically" but it doesn't work. When any subforums had a new post and it auto-sort to the first.

Sent you a PM asking for admin access so I can check it out - or you can turn debug on and I can have a quick look... Never had any issue with sorting before, but to be honest I never investigated the sorting in non-English, so I may need to do something due to that.

itsheinz 01 Oct 2009 09:45

installed :) thankies :D:

xuanhuy238 02 Oct 2009 07:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorky (Post 1893181)
Sent you a PM asking for admin access so I can check it out - or you can turn debug on and I can have a quick look... Never had any issue with sorting before, but to be honest I never investigated the sorting in non-English, so I may need to do something due to that.

Hi Sorky,

I was waiting for your reply, thanks! :up:

But I don't see any PM from you and I turn on debug mode, you can take a look here.

This is the log:

trotskid 03 Oct 2009 02:48

Hi. It's possible hide a sub-subforum from the subforums page?

Something like that:

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/6325/sub1i.jpg

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/770/sub2te.jpg

Thanks

matrex722 03 Oct 2009 17:48

is there any way to change the sup forum color from this mod

RadioErewan 07 Oct 2009 01:14

Mod raises dozens of
Warning: Unexpected character in input: '' (ASCII=30) state=2 in /myforumpath/includes/functions_forumlist.php(501) : eval()'d code on line 1

Sorky 07 Oct 2009 12:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by xuanhuy238 (Post 1893606)
I turn on debug mode, you can take a look here

I have duplicated all your settings for my mod on my system and it all works perfectly for me... Either a problem with the character set (Vietnamese?) or some other setting. What settings do you have for the "Forum Listings Display Options"?

Sorky 07 Oct 2009 13:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by matrex722 (Post 1894273)
is there any way to change the sup forum color from this mod

Of course, just look at the sample screen shots in the first post or from others!

I put some default values (style="font-size:12px;" bgcolor="#DDDDDD") in the options so that you would know what could be entered and where. Edit or remove as required. ;)

Sorky 07 Oct 2009 13:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by RadioErewan (Post 1895907)
Mod raises dozens of Warning...

I had this reported before, but have not been able to reproduce it. Scroll down a couple of posts and you will see the discussion about it. The reporter did not have the problem on the their live system, only the test system, so I presume it has to be an issue with the PHP version or some setting in the server.

I'm happy to try and help if I can.

Sorky 07 Oct 2009 13:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by trotskid (Post 1894045)
Hi. It's possible hide a sub-subforum from the subforums page?

It looks like you have the "Forum Listings Display Options" / "Depth of Forums - Forum Home" &/ "Depth of Forums - Forum Display" set as 2. I think you will be happier with them set as 1.

RadioErewan 07 Oct 2009 13:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorky (Post 1896075)
I had this reported before, but have not been able to reproduce it. Scroll down a couple of posts and you will see the discussion about it. The reporter did not have the problem on the their live system, only the test system, so I presume it has to be an issue with the PHP version or some setting in the server.

I'm happy to try and help if I can.

It is production server, testvb instalation. It raises warnings to all chr29 and chr30 manipulations. I do not understand why are you using this two markers, so can not fix it.

Regards

Sorky 07 Oct 2009 22:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by RadioErewan (Post 1896090)
I do not understand why are you using this two markers, so can not fix it.

Char 29 & 30 are used as they would not impact any forum names. You can always open my XML file and do a search and replace in my product xml of "chr(29)" to "chr(221)" and "chr(30)" to "chr(222)" <Check if those numbers work and are not valid in your character set>

xuanhuy238 08 Oct 2009 09:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorky (Post 1896071)
I have duplicated all your settings for my mod on my system and it all works perfectly for me... Either a problem with the character set (Vietnamese?) or some other setting. What settings do you have for the "Forum Listings Display Options"?

Depth of Forums - Forum Home: 2
Depth of Forums - Forum Display: 0
Depth of Sub-Forums: 1

I sent you an PM now you can access to my forum to have a quick look.

P/S: My forum use Vietnamese but some box like Sony PlayStation they have many child forums (PS, PS2, PS3, PSP) but sorting problem is always appear...

trotskid 09 Oct 2009 16:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorky (Post 1896077)
It looks like you have the "Forum Listings Display Options" / "Depth of Forums - Forum Home" &/ "Depth of Forums - Forum Display" set as 2. I think you will be happier with them set as 1.

That's it. Thank you!

Sorky 12 Oct 2009 13:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by xuanhuy238 (Post 1896501)
I sent you an PM now you can access to my forum to have a quick look.

Sorry for the delay... I had a look and I can see that it is trying to sort, but the alphabetic order is getting confused. You can see this by selecting the different sorting options and you will see that the display order does change.

Two options now are:
1) Give me a higher login access so I can check the forums, styles and the plug-in code
or
2) Manually set the 'forum display order' that you would like to see each SubForum appear in [do this in the forum manager] and set my PlugIns sorting option as "forum display order across/down"

Let me know how you go!

xuanhuy238 13 Oct 2009 03:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorky (Post 1898515)

1) Give me a higher login access so I can check the forums, styles and the plug-in code

I choose this one and you can check my forums again.

Hope the problem will be solved soon. :)

Sorky 13 Oct 2009 13:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by xuanhuy238 (Post 1898927)
I choose this one and you can check my forums again

I believe I have it working properly... Seems that your site also has issues with chr(29) and chr(30) [it strips them which stuffs up my PlugIn]

I did a search and replace in my product xml of "chr(29)" to "chr(221)" and "chr(30)" to "chr(222)" which seems to have solved everything. Not sure it those characters will have an impact on the names given the Vietnamese character set. Let me know how it goes before I make this a permanent change for all.

xuanhuy238 14 Oct 2009 05:23

Thank you and love you so much! :D

Sorting fuction seems to be work but some characters in Vietnamese was sorted not correctly.

Now: A - B - C .. - Z - ┬ - ┴ - 1 - 2 - 3 (???)

Correct (in vietnamese): 1 - 2 - 3 - A - ┬ - ┴ (or └ Ạ ├ Ả) - B - C ... - Z

Would you please to help me again?

Sorky 14 Oct 2009 09:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by xuanhuy238 (Post 1899519)
Thank you and love you so much! :D

My pleasure, although I still need to ensure that chr(221) and chr(222) are not valid characters in your character set that may be used in a forum name.

Quote:

I did notice that, however I am not aware of a way to solve this. I use the inbuilt php function "strcasecmp" to do the sorting which gives the result you see. If someone is aware of a php function that will sort correctly for a Vietnamese character set, I will be more than happy to investigate this further.

Log on 14 Oct 2009 09:50

thank u

mhackl 24 Oct 2009 03:54

Is there a solution that does this not only for the forumhome but also when viewing category and forum pages?

Example:
My Forumhome , Category page , Forum page.

See how the last two could benefit from having the sub-forums organized like forumhome. This is the solution that I really need.

Sorky 26 Oct 2009 07:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhackl (Post 1905343)
Is there a solution that does this not only for the forumhome but also when viewing category and forum pages?

Can't see your examples at the moment, however I the PlugIn does work at any level. I'm sure that you have the Forum list display options / Forum home depth > 1 - Just make sure that the forum display option is also > 1

Dontom 27 Oct 2009 11:36

Hi Sorky, thanks for this great addition.

One question though:

I use a Depth of Forums - Forum Home = 2 and would like to contiune to use this setting. I'd like to have certain forumids show their subforums in your compressed list-style and leave te remaining ones as they are now. Is this possible with the current product?

Thanks
Thomas

Sorky 27 Oct 2009 13:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikesSite (Post 1906739)
Great plugin!! Is there a way I can get the Sub-Forum description to be on the line below?

Never considered that, but it is definitely possible! This is what I just tried in the options and I liked the result!
  • Sorky03 - SubForum List Control - V1.8.0
    / Display SubForum Descriptions (combines with all previous settings)
    / Prefix text
    = <br />&nbsp;&nbsp;&lt;

PS: I looked at your forum and you definitely can use this PlugIn to manage your SubForums! Enjoy!

Sorky 27 Oct 2009 14:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dontom (Post 1906808)
I use a Depth of Forums - Forum Home = 2 and would like to contiune to use this setting. I'd like to have certain forumids show their subforums in your compressed list-style and leave te remaining ones as they are now. Is this possible with the current product?

Sure is! Have a look at just some of the options

Image was the earlier version with up to 5 columns and the text may not be clear, so a quick summary...
Choose any of the following as the default AND specify forum number(s) against any of them to override the default for that forum!
  • No change
  • Hide
  • Formatting only (no columns)
  • One column
  • Two columns
  • Three columns
  • Four columns
  • Five columns
  • Six columns
  • Seven columns
  • Eight columns
  • Nine columns
  • Ten columns

MikesSite 28 Oct 2009 14:47

Sorky I must say this plugin is great! vB should have incorporated all of these features to begin. My members definitely noticed a difference and all love it. Thanks a lot, and thanks for the help via PM's also!!!

Nominated + installed

Sorky 02 Nov 2009 11:23

Quote:

Sorting fuction seems to be work but some characters in Vietnamese was sorted not correctly.

Now: A - B - C .. - Z - ┬ - ┴ - 1 - 2 - 3 (???)

I just found out about this... setlocale(LC_COLLATE, 'English');

If used with Vietnamese instead of English it may fix the sorting

Reference: http://www.w3schools.com/php/func_string_setlocale.asp

RavenXBR 06 Nov 2009 18:10

Simply awesome...
Very useful MOD.

Congratz... :up:

CrashPush 08 Nov 2009 19:40

1 Attachment(s)
Great mod and good job on it. I wish I would have found it earlier. I have a small issue that I just can't figure out. I got the rest to look exactly how I want except for this.

I want to eliminate the space between the main forum's description and the sub-forum title. Attached is a screen shot.

I'm stumped. :o

Sorky 08 Nov 2009 21:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrashPush (Post 1911719)
I want to eliminate the space between the main forum's description and the sub-forum title. Attached is a screen shot.

Best you can hope for would be to use table formatting options to minimize padding and spacing or to adjust the position...

Put formatting in here: "SubForum Outer Box (table) formatting"
or here: "SubForum Table (table) formatting"

PS: You can use "style=...

CrashPush 09 Nov 2009 12:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorky (Post 1911766)
PS: You can use "style=...

I'm sorry but I don't understand what it is I'm supposed to do. :(

Sorky 11 Nov 2009 01:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrashPush (Post 1911945)
I'm sorry but I don't understand what it is I'm supposed to do. :(

You can insert CSS style options into the HTML for either the inner or outer table so as to adjust the display of that table. I just googled "table position CSS" and found "http://www.w3schools.com/Css/css_positioning.asp" which has some great examples. I even tried one as follows...
SubForum Outer Box (table) formatting
style="position:relative;left:-10px;top:-10px;"
Enjoy!

jimsflies 17 Nov 2009 13:39

1 Attachment(s)
I can't seem to get the subforums to display like I would like. I don't want to list the last post, threads and post colums in the forums that I have enable your mod (see attachment) I want the subforum list table to span across the width of the category table.

I played around forum listing display display options and it seems if I chose anything other than 2 for the depth of forum home, the subforums won't appear at all.

Any suggestions?

GHC Webmaster 17 Nov 2009 15:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimsflies (Post 1915866)
I can't seem to get the subforums to display like I would like. I don't want to list the last post, threads and post colums in the forums that I have enable your mod (see attachment) I want the subforum list table to span across the width of the category table.

Any suggestions?

I have something like that (similar to for example http://ubuntuforums.org/) and you will have to edit templates (and be familiar with html) to achieve that.

jimsflies 17 Nov 2009 17:01

Are you also using this mod to achieve that look, or is that all manual template mods you are using?

GHC Webmaster 18 Nov 2009 15:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimsflies (Post 1915995)
Are you also using this mod to achieve that look, or is that all manual template mods you are using?

I'm using this mod as well. By the way: ubuntuforums does have a last post (in a different layout), we don't.

You can have a look at http://www.globalhealingcircle.net/community/index.php
(The forums itself are members only, but you can see the front page.)

Sorky 20 Nov 2009 03:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimsflies (Post 1915866)

In vBulletin, you can have a Forum or a Category [See option "Act as Forum (Will act as category if no)"]. If you made "Coral" a Category, the last post, etc would not appear, but it would also no longer allow posts in that location, just in the SubForums.

Formatting and appearance of the rest of the forum display is outside the scope of this PlugIn.

Having the columns hidden if there are SubForums would be possible to achieve by doing custom template modifications or through another PlugIn.

Sorky 20 Nov 2009 23:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by GHC Webmaster (Post 1916629)
You can have a look at http://www.globalhealingcircle.net/community/index.php
(The forums itself are members only, but you can see the front page.)

Thanks for sharing - Looks like my PlugIn was perfect for you and your template mods work nicely with it! :up:

GHC Webmaster 29 Nov 2009 13:55

Thanks. Are you planning on recoding it for VB 4.0?

Sorky 29 Nov 2009 23:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by GHC Webmaster (Post 1922467)
Thanks. Are you planning on recoding it for VB 4.0?

I do intend to.

Veer 30 Nov 2009 09:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorky (Post 1922765)
I do intend to.

Good luck, I'll wait.

GHC Webmaster 30 Nov 2009 15:33

Good to hear. As we purchased a license for the full suite and intend to use it.

Thanks in advance!

Thomas P 21 Dec 2009 15:37

How many queries does this add to forumhome please?

Thanks

Alfa1 21 Dec 2009 21:00

Im not sure about that, but it runs fine on my large board and I have at least 6k concurrent users most of the time.
Quote:

I do intend to.

I appreciate it Sorky.

Thomas P 22 Dec 2009 01:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alfa1 (Post 1934800)
Im not sure about that, but it runs fine on my large board and I have at least 6k concurrent users most of the time

Have you measured the microseconds of php execution time before & after? I did 0.077 compared to 0.126 ;)
Honestly: Thanks for your post, if it runs fine with that much users online I'll give it a try.

Bram H 25 Dec 2009 15:53

Dear Sorky,

Will you upgrade this mod to vB 4. All other subforum managers miss your feature to enable it only on forums you would like to display the subforums!!

Keep up the good work!

Thomas P 28 Dec 2009 08:06

Hello Sorky,

great hack, as far as I tested it works good.

But: Validate is awful, a lot of (X)HTML errors are thrown:
http://validator.w3.org/
Maybe you could have a look, Thanks

Sorky 29 Dec 2009 04:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas P (Post 1940122)
Validate is awful, a lot of (X)HTML errors are thrown:
http://validator.w3.org/

Strange - I have previously done just that and cleaned up anything I saw - maybe a variation in options shows up an issue - can you PM me a link to look at or email me the html produced (turn on the debug option)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bram H (Post 1938021)
Dear Sorky,

Will you upgrade this mod to vB 4. All other subforum managers miss your feature to enable it only on forums you would like to display the subforums!!

Working on it ;-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas P (Post 1935022)
Thanks for your post, if it runs fine with that much users online I'll give it a try.

Nothing like a practical test for confirmation!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas P (Post 1934594)
How many queries does this add to forumhome please?

NO SQL at all. Just extra php code to adjust the information provided - amount of code it executes depends on the options you choose. See above answer ;-)

Thomas P 29 Dec 2009 11:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorky (Post 1941157)
Strange - I have previously done just that and cleaned up anything I saw - maybe a variation in options shows up an issue - can you PM me a link to look at or email me the html produced (turn on the debug option)

Thanks, awesome
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorky (Post 1941157)
NO SQL at all. Just extra php code to adjust the information provided - amount of code it executes depends on the options you choose. See above answer ;-)

Ok, fair enough for me :)

Sorky 02 Jan 2010 11:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas P (Post 1941399)
Thanks, awesome :)

Bit of a delay - holiday season and all ;-)

I had a look at your main & test boards and there is a variation in content, and the first validation error is in the content, not in due to my PlugIn - Would be a good idea for you to do a validation with my PlugIn uninstalled (or simply disabled) and then enable it and re-validate.

The next error look like an old rule violation (that actually worked) that I fixed a long time ago - what version of my PlugIn did you install? Make sure it is the latest, turn the debug option on and I will then take another look.

Thomas P 02 Jan 2010 16:58

Thanks, ok.

I will send you PN as soon as we've installed your PlugIn. We use v1.8.0.

Thomas P 04 Jan 2010 07:42

Ok, it's installed.

We had to change the following (last) line in the Plugin Sorky03 - SubForum List Control - forumbit_display

Since we don't use collapsible subforums the extra </div> caused many validation errors

Thanks, your AddOn works great.

linuxututs 08 Jan 2010 07:05

Quote:

I do intend to.

Upgrading:

Thank you so much !
I need this like BAD Sorky.
I've created about 1,600 forums, and There'll just about ALL sub-forums.

Bless You,

Thanks,

Sorky 10 Jan 2010 05:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas P (Post 1946676)
We had to change the following (last) line in the Plugin

Now that you have pointed it out, I remember noticing that my PlugIns subforum table start mark was not in your original page source and therefore the start div would have been omitted as well! Your solution of removing the ending div works by virtue of the fact that the start was not inserted, but it doesn't really solve the problem safely. The most likely cause for the start div not being inserted is a manual edit of the templates or using a style that is not fully compatible [I mention this in the release notes]. I'd be interested in hearing which it was for you.

My plugin inserts the start div where the <strong>$vbphrase[subforums]</strong>: is in these templates:
  • forumhome_forumbit_level1_nopost
  • forumhome_forumbit_level1_post
  • forumhome_forumbit_level2_nopost
  • forumhome_forumbit_level2_post

To go back to using an unedited version of my PlugIn you can either (a) revert the templates to their original or (b) insert <strong>$vbphrase[subforums]</strong>: into the mentioned templates just before the $forum[subforums] // Don't worry as my PlugIn has an option to then edit/remove it!

joe1989 10 Jan 2010 06:23

I really like this modification, so I tagged it. I will download and install it when I know if this is compatible with vB 4.0 -- can you update it for compatibility?

Thanks!

Thomas P 11 Jan 2010 06:24

@Sorky: I agree, it definetely could be our style. I'll check - thanks.

Sorky 14 Jan 2010 13:20

New update available for 4.0.x (WILL NOT WORK WITH ANY 3.x version of vBulletin)

No changes to the current version for those still on 3.8.x - just letting those wanting it on 4.0.x know I have migrated it across.

The current version (this thread) is for 3.8.x and also works for 3.7.x and 3.6.x

Alfa1 23 Jan 2010 17:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alfa1 (Post 1800414)
Please add the function to display sub-forum moderators.

Has this functionality been added since then? If not, then could you please add it? I really need this.