vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=326854

Unlicensed but still receiving mod updates
by Deimos
26 Oct 2018 23:00

Heya!

So I cancelled my VB licences a few years back, but still get emails about mods being updated here on vb.org.

Such as:

* Automatic Update Notification *

The following modification has been updated (by MrZeropage) ;

The problem is, I can't access the proper page to unsubscribe, as I apparently need to be licensed to do that.

Would it be possible for someone to delete my account, as I think that would solve the issue, as I have no intention of using vBulletin again.

TheLastSuperman 30 Oct 2018 15:24

You'll need to contact an Administrator and request they Obfuscate your account.

https://vbulletin.org/forum/info.php?do=staff

We do not delete accounts here, we remove email address, signature, and change the name.

Deimos 30 Oct 2018 18:22

Unfortunately no admin can be pm'd or emailed

The PM option doesn't show up and the email button gives me a permission error. :(

Joshua G. 30 Oct 2018 21:06

Hello,

Admin here.
What would you like me to do?

Max Taxable 30 Oct 2018 21:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deimos (Post 2597029)
The problem is, I can't access the proper page to unsubscribe, as I apparently need to be licensed to do that.

Did you try UserCP>Subscribed Threads then check all and click "Delete Subscription?"

Deimos 01 Nov 2018 00:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshua G. (Post 2597104)
Hello,

Admin here.
What would you like me to do?

If you could remove my email address so I stop getting emails, that would be perfect.:up:

Joshua G. 01 Nov 2018 19:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deimos (Post 2597115)
If you could remove my email address so I stop getting emails, that would be perfect.:up:

If that is what you want, I will do that.
Are you sure what Max Taxable suggested won't work for you?

Deimos 01 Nov 2018 19:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshua G. (Post 2597123)
If that is what you want, I will do that.
Are you sure what Max Taxable suggested won't work for you?

Yes please
And yea, there's no option in that area to stop the automated update emails when a mod has been updated.
That section mentioned is for forum thread updates/replies, rather than mod updates.

Max Taxable 01 Nov 2018 19:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deimos (Post 2597124)
That section mentioned is for forum thread updates/replies, rather than mod updates.

I thought the mod updates were generated when the dev updated the thread and works through the thread subscription system.

Joshua G. 01 Nov 2018 19:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deimos (Post 2597124)
Yes please
And yea, there's no option in that area to stop the automated update emails when a mod has been updated.
That section mentioned is for forum thread updates/replies, rather than mod updates.

I invalidated your email address so you should be good now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Max Taxable (Post 2597125)
I thought the mod updates were generated when the dev updated the thread and works through the thread subscription system.

That is how I thought it worked, but this site is so customized I can't be sure.

Deimos 01 Nov 2018 19:43

I honestly don't know, but all I see in that area is the subscription to this thread.

--------------- Added 01 Nov 2018 at 19:44 ---------------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshua G. (Post 2597128)
I invalidated your email address so you should be good now.

Perfect, thanks very much :) :up:

Joshua G. 02 Nov 2018 22:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deimos (Post 2597129)
I honestly don't know, but all I see in that area is the subscription to this thread.

--------------- Added 01 Nov 2018 at 19:44 ---------------



Perfect, thanks very much :) :up:

You're welcome! :D


All times are GMT. The time now is 13:14.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.13
Copyright © 2019, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All Rights Reserved. vBulletin® is a registered trademark of MH Sub I, LLC
Copyright ©2001 - , vbulletin.org. All rights reserved.