vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=222001

Quick search pre-populated results: give your visitors quick thread suggestions
by ibautocommunity
28 Aug 2009 22:29

1 Attachment(s)
Product video demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOUq4Z6R7xI

This product integrates with the quicksearch drop down box in NAVBAR; and suggests popular threads while the visitor is typing in search keywords.

Read INSTRUCTIONS.txt for installation instructions.

NOTICE: To fine-tune and configure "relevancy threshold" you must edit /includes/cron/autocomplete-generate.php file. Default installation assumes you have a big discussion forums and suggests only threads which have more than 1000 replies or 1000 views. Edit this number, the query looks like this:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

TimberFloorAu 28 Aug 2009 23:17

*Awesome* gonna test :)

Shamil. 28 Aug 2009 23:57

Thanks Michael, installing.

al-Rsha.com 29 Aug 2009 00:06

Dose it support other languges
like ARABIC languge ..
becouse many mods dosn't support it ^^

Hornstar 29 Aug 2009 02:43

It is really awesome to see these modifications being released to the public. Now I just wish they were default in VB too.

Thanks.

Hornstar 29 Aug 2009 02:58

Does this error mean I don't have Sed on my server or that I have something else disabled on my server?

I was up to the scheduled task part and ran it and got this error:

Warning: system() has been disabled for security reasons in [path]/includes/cron/autocomplete-generate.php on line 21

Warning: system() has been disabled for security reasons in [path]/includes/cron/autocomplete-generate.php on line 22
The file /home/****/***/autocomplete/data_1251514584.txt is not writable

bleros 29 Aug 2009 03:13

thanks bro nice job

0ptima 29 Aug 2009 04:43

Great hack, thanks for releasing it. Im going to install this when I come back from vacation.

ctrlbrk 29 Aug 2009 05:26

Hi, this looks fantastic --- except it is not working for me. I ran into no problems or errors, but my search box results are unchanged.

Can you take a look please?

http://forum.bigmiketrading.com

Mike

ctrlbrk 29 Aug 2009 05:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by hornstar1337 (Post 1876163)
Does this error mean I don't have Sed on my server or that I have something else disabled on my server?

I was up to the scheduled task part and ran it and got this error:

Warning: system() has been disabled for security reasons in [path]/includes/cron/autocomplete-generate.php on line 21

Warning: system() has been disabled for security reasons in [path]/includes/cron/autocomplete-generate.php on line 22
The file /home/****/***/autocomplete/data_1251514584.txt is not writable

You probably need to check permissions on your autocomplete directory, make sure it is owned by the same user as your normal forum directory (ie: www-data), and set to 755.

Mike

funkmeister 29 Aug 2009 06:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctrlbrk (Post 1876201)
Hi, this looks fantastic --- except it is not working for me. I ran into no problems or errors, but my search box results are unchanged.

Same here. Followed instructions to the letter. No errors at all. But search box is just as before.

I did lower the number from 1000 to reflect fewer replies and views on my site, but other than that. Just as per the instructions.

Any suggestions?

Zaivndotcom 29 Aug 2009 09:41

When I ran sheduled task manager, it appeared that. Help me plz
Quote:

Refreshes autocomplete data

The file /autocomplete/data_1251538806.txt is not writable

RvG2 29 Aug 2009 09:44

try to CHMOD it to 777

Zaivndotcom 29 Aug 2009 10:28

Maybe I placed the dirctory autocomplete in the wrong place, cause i don't understand much about this sentence
Quote:

Create writeable directory outside of publicly accessible forum root directory called "autocomplete"

Example: /var/www/autocomplete
Plz tell me exactly where I should create this folder
http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/8076/capturet.jpg

NAZIA 30 Aug 2009 09:59

goody.. will test it ASAP...