vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=108648

Adsense as a poster on your forums
by Keyser520
22 Feb 2006 20:55

1 Attachment(s)
So I've been playing around a bit with my new vb board, and figured out how to make it appear as if the "advertiser" has the second post on every page.

You can play around with the code some more to change some of the messages from the ones I have on there (i.e. posts: location:, etc)

For kicks, I have the "online" icon set to say "Google is online", so change this tag if you want it to say something else.

This was designed for "legacy". I do not know if it works for the new forum layout

You can also ad a custom ad "Avatar" as well. Just replace the "<!-- IF YOU WANT TO GIVE THE AD AN AVATAR, BUT IT HERE -->" with the code for the avatar.

Add this code to the END of your postbit_legacy template

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

RichieBoy67 22 Feb 2006 21:16

I like that!! Thanks

Moparx 22 Feb 2006 21:19

you need to remove 'Keep the site running'. You are not allowed to have any text which asks or suggests to your members or guests to click adsense ads.

Keyser520 22 Feb 2006 21:58

Thanks.

I replaced it with "Sponsored posting" but you could make it whatever you want.

GamerJunk.net 22 Feb 2006 22:08

This is cool.

Keyser520 22 Feb 2006 22:17

Thanks. It probably took me about 5 hours (off an on) to go through and figure out what did what. I'm pretty happy with it, though. I can do the same for the posbit normal rather than legacy if enough want it done, though no promises on how long it will take.. lol

Lineman28645 22 Feb 2006 22:42

Great! I'll be using this!

Keyser520 22 Feb 2006 22:47

The "avatar" spot that I included under the "poster name" is a great place to put something like the google firefox referal icon, ...

The Chief 23 Feb 2006 00:32

lol, this is pretty cool, like it :)

might be installing this soon...

MagikMuzik 23 Feb 2006 01:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Chief
lol, this is pretty cool, like it :)

might be installing this soon...

looks great, might give it a whirl later on.

Smiry Kin's 23 Feb 2006 03:15

thanks for saving me the work! i see this someone where was gonna make it :P very nice dude!

neutek 23 Feb 2006 03:30

thanks! does this have support for horizontal user info view also?

influence 23 Feb 2006 03:32

wasn't this created long time ago? I have seen few sites with it before

AshokForums.com 23 Feb 2006 04:09

looks great mate..

kall 23 Feb 2006 04:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keyser520
Thanks.

I replaced it with "Sponsored posting" but you could make it whatever you want.

Not true.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adsense Program Policies
Incentives

Web pages may not include incentives of any kind for users to click on ads. This includes encouraging users to click on the ads or to visit the advertisers' sites as well as drawing any undue attention to the ads. For example, your site cannot contain phrases such as "click here," "support us," "visit these links," or other similar language that could apply to any ad, regardless of content. These activities are strictly prohibited in order to avoid potential inflation of advertiser costs. In addition, publishers may not bring unnatural attention to sites displaying ads or referral buttons through unsolicited mass emails or unwanted advertisements on third-party websites. Publishers are also not permitted to use deceptive or unnatural means to draw attention to or incite clicks on referral buttons.