vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=277322

Spangle 30 Aug 2013 14:30

I can appreciate that Coders and Addon writers want a credit for their work, but what this MOD does is give the impression that all the MODS and add ons on a board are by Dragon Byte, when there are probably some that are not.

I also don't like that you should have uncheck if you don't want to show the link to hi velocity hosting, the correct default would be to check it if want to show it.

I actually agree with Cristos that this MOD, actually infringes other MOD copyrights on pages where DragonByte MODS are not being used.

DragonByte Tech 30 Aug 2013 15:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubble #5 (Post 2441601)
4.2.1

It says in the ACP "If yes, this changes the copyright footer to "Site powered by vBulletin Mods & Addons from DragonByte Technologies Software (Details)" but ours doesn't chant when it's set to yes or no.

It can take up to 24 hours for the copyright to merge, does it work now?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spangle (Post 2441978)
I can appreciate that Coders and Addon writers want a credit for their work, but what this MOD does is give the impression that all the MODS and add ons on a board are by Dragon Byte, when there are probably some that are not.

I also don't like that you should have uncheck if you don't want to show the link to hi velocity hosting, the correct default would be to check it if want to show it.

I actually agree with Cristos that this MOD, actually infringes other MOD copyrights on pages where DragonByte MODS are not being used.

Then it is your option not to use this mod :)

We provide this mod as an alternative for people who use a lot of our mods and don't want to see multiple copyright statements. We would be completely within our rights to not offer this mod and simply tell people who complain about copyrights to buy the Branding Free licenses or shut up.

Even though we lose visibility (and as a result, money) from providing this mod, and we also provide an option to disable the Hivel sponsor, you still want us to hurt ourselves more? I'm sorry, but to me that is an entirely and completely unfair request, bordering on rude.


Fillip

TheLastSuperman 30 Aug 2013 17:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 2427239)
Now, as posted above, this is a support / release thread, so no more discussion about unrelated topics.

Per Paul's note above ^

I'm going to consider the discussion of why you feel their copyright mod infringes upon others copyright as such i.e. an unrelated topic, no more discussion of this it's ridiculous.
  • This mod merges multiple DBTech copyrights into one it does not hijack your copyright and rename it nor replace links within.
  • Word your copyright correctly to distinguish if need be.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastSuperman
If for example you had 10 DBTech mods installed, which way should it read:

1)
Quote:

Powered by vBulletin™ version 4.2.1 Copyright 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Modifications © DBTech
OR

2)
Quote:

Powered by vBulletin™ version 4.2.1 Copyright 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Mod name1 © DBTech
Mod name2 © DBTech
Mod name3 © DBTech
Mod name4 © DBTech
Mod name5 © DBTech
Mod name6 © DBTech
Mod name7 © DBTech
Mod name8 © DBTech
Mod name9 © DBTech
Mod name10 © DBTech
OR

3)
Quote:

Powered by vBulletin™ version 4.2.1 Copyright 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Modifications name1, name2, name3, name4, name5, name6, name7, name8, name9, name10 © DBTech

Personally I see why they simply made it say:

Powered by vBulletin™ version 4.2.1 Copyright 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Modifications © DBTech

Because having example 2 is why the mod was made, example 3 would be just silly.


Keep this thread on topic which is support of this modification not its validity regarding infringing upon others copyrights with theirs when none existed to begin with or if it did, because it was not worded properly enough to distinguish between the two respectively.

TheLastSuperman 30 Aug 2013 19:06

Cleaned up thread, as you were and more comments like that will simply be deleted.

Back on track :D.

Paul M 01 Sep 2013 00:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastSuperman (Post 2442052)
Cleaned up thread, as you were and more comments like that will simply be deleted.

and those who have ignored staff instructions will get infraction points, which can lead to suspensions and bans, enough warnings have been posted now.

onespot 02 Sep 2013 00:39

This doesn't seem to work.

Installled, ran daily tasks - still have like 5 links at the bottom of my forums.

DragonByte Tech 02 Sep 2013 00:41

Please ensure all your DBTech modifications are running the latest versions - they must be newer than April 2013 in order to function with this new version of CM :)


Fillip

Bubble #5 02 Sep 2013 00:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by onespot (Post 2442438)
This doesn't seem to work.

Installled, ran daily tasks - still have like 5 links at the bottom of my forums.

Same here. Deleting.

Ba'al 02 Sep 2013 03:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubble #5 (Post 2442441)
Same here. Deleting.

It is working great for me, cleans up everything nicely.

Bubble #5 02 Sep 2013 03:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ba'al (Post 2442452)
It is working great for me, cleans up everything nicely.

Happy for you, but I also deleted it because it is poorly worded :cool:

Ba'al 02 Sep 2013 04:29

Well, when you find that properly worded Copyright Mod you just jump right on it, i will keep using this one.

LgsOfChampions 06 Sep 2013 14:52

So if I added this mod, waited the 24 hours and did do what it's suppose to do, but then i added another mod after the 24 hour wait will this automatic fix or wait another 24 hours? just asking cause this is happening to me and wondering if it should of fix it's self or I have to wait another 24 hours PER MOD i add? it's no biggie, just wanna make sure.

also is there a wait to center the link on the botton? It shoves it to the right side under an already centered footer and look like crap

DragonByte Tech 08 Sep 2013 22:19

You'll only have to wait again if you install a new mod that we've only just released (not an update, but an entirely new mod) :)


Fillip

Ba'al 10 Sep 2013 18:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by LgsOfChampions (Post 2443711)
So if I added this mod, waited the 24 hours and did do what it's suppose to do, but then i added another mod after the 24 hour wait will this automatic fix or wait another 24 hours? just asking cause this is happening to me and wondering if it should of fix it's self or I have to wait another 24 hours PER MOD i add? it's no biggie, just wanna make sure.

also is there a wait to center the link on the botton? It shoves it to the right side under an already centered footer and look like crap

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonByte Tech (Post 2444234)
You'll only have to wait again if you install a new mod that we've only just released (not an update, but an entirely new mod) :)


Fillip

^^^^This^^^^ I have not had any problems with this Mod, if i add new/older Mods they fall right in and this Mod takes care of everything.

DragonByte Tech 19 Nov 2013 23:36

Copyright Management v2.1.1
Change: Switched to cURL to fetch the required info
Change: Changed the wording to be more specific


Fillip


All times are GMT. The time now is 21:41.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.13
Copyright © 2019, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All Rights Reserved. vBulletin® is a registered trademark of MH Sub I, LLC
Copyright ©2001 - , vbulletin.org. All rights reserved.