vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=263700

BirdOPrey5 11 Jun 2011 15:42

if it's the MARCO mod try this:

Go to Admin CP -> plugin manager

Edit the plugin: Word Linker Postbit

Change the Execution Order from 2 to 7 and save the plugin.

Does that work?

Artes_Marciales 11 Jun 2011 15:46

1 Attachment(s)
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...35#post2206235
Product Here

Thanks!

BirdOPrey5 11 Jun 2011 15:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artes_Marciales (Post 2206239)

Try what I suggested above about changing the execution order.

Artes_Marciales 11 Jun 2011 16:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by BirdOPrey5 (Post 2206237)
if it's the MARCO mod try this:

Go to Admin CP -> plugin manager

Edit the plugin: Word Linker Postbit

Change the Execution Order from 2 to 7 and save the plugin.

Does that work?

Thank you!
Now it works perfectly, is a great mod for seo and affiliate links :)

adwade 12 Jun 2011 08:36

This is quite a nifty MOD indeed! Voted it MOTM!

Spinball 12 Jun 2011 09:39

Would it be possible to limit the number of keywords linked per page?
We'd choose a fairly low number like 3.

BirdOPrey5 12 Jun 2011 12:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spinball (Post 2206545)
Would it be possible to limit the number of keywords linked per page?
We'd choose a fairly low number like 3.

It's something I have some ideas on but it will mean some new plugins so it will probably be a while. In the mean time you can limit per keyword per post.

Out of curiosity would you be interested it a limit per keyword per page or an absolute number of links per page?

EDIT - I take that back, I was able to add a max number of links relatively easily, will have an update later today.

Spinball 12 Jun 2011 15:22

Smashing, thanks.
I'm only interested in a max number per page so as not to annoy our readers too much.
On the other hand, one of our advertisers has asked for all instances of 'HDMI cable' to link through to his site.
This could be very lucrative.
Not certain on whether to offer conversion to a link for all instances or keep it limited.

How does this work with key words or phrases which have already been linked by the poster?
And are there any clashes with Skimlinks plugin?

BirdOPrey5 12 Jun 2011 16:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spinball (Post 2206655)
Smashing, thanks.
I'm only interested in a max number per page so as not to annoy our readers too much.
On the other hand, one of our advertisers has asked for all instances of 'HDMI cable' to link through to his site.
Not certain on whether to offer conversion to a link for all instances or keep it limited.

How does this work with key words or phrases which have been linked by the poster?
And are there any clashes with Skimlinks?

If a keyword is already in a link it will be ignored by this mod.

I use vigink which to my knowledge works the same as skimlinks (javascript based link intercepting) and the links generated should be compatible with both.

adwade 12 Jun 2011 16:10

Alright, I seem to have somehow broken this MOD.:o It was working fine last night, but as I've added more entries something's amiss now.:( Below are my WORDS and LINKS, could you look over them and see what kind of rule I'm breaking?(i.e. Maximum size of a LINK, etc?)

I have Case Sensitive and Match Whole Words Only set to YES.

We're a Recumbent Cycling Website and I was trying to establish automatic LINKS to the various manufacturers. If there is a maximum length to a LINK's URL, can something like tinyurl.com be used instead?

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

BirdOPrey5 12 Jun 2011 16:11

Updated to version 1.1.

You can now set *an approximate* number of total max links per page.

It is approximate because the mod will make links until it reaches the end of the post, VM, or social group message where it meets the page max number of links.

BirdOPrey5 12 Jun 2011 16:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by adwade (Post 2206671)
Alright, I seem to have somehow broken this MOD.:o It was working fine last night, but as I've added more entries something's amiss now.:( Below are my WORDS and LINKS, could you look over them and see what kind of rule I'm breaking?(i.e. Maximum size of a LINK, etc?)

I have Case Sensitive and Match Whole Words Only set to YES.

We're a Recumbent Cycling Website and I was trying to establish automatic LINKS to the various manufacturers. If there is a maximum length to a LINK's URL, can something like tinyurl.com be used instead?

Wow... for a list like that please confirm you are using "Match whole word only" is YES and "Case Sensitive?" is yes. That should prevent any issues.

I did notice the mod is not matching "S&B" so I will look into that issue.

If you're still having an issue please link me to a post on your site showing the problem.

adwade 12 Jun 2011 16:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by BirdOPrey5 (Post 2206684)
Wow... for a list like that please confirm you are using "Match whole word only" is YES and "Case Sensitive?" is yes. That should prevent any issues.

I did notice the mod is not matching "S&B" so I will look into that issue.

If you're still having an issue please link me to a post on your site showing the problem.

Affirmative, both are set to YES.

Forgive me, I thought the whole MOD had ceased working, but after looking again some links are ok. Here's one that is not: http://tinyurl.com/3zdnnkq I expected to see Sunrise Medical with a LINK, but it's not.:confused:

I did try removing the S&B reference (and link), but it doesn't seem to have made any difference.

Spinball 12 Jun 2011 16:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by BirdOPrey5 (Post 2206669)
I use vigink which to my knowledge works the same as skimlinks (javascript based link intercepting) and the links generated should be compatible with both.

Skimlinks uses two methods of operation - the Javascript and a plugin. We use the plugin.
I have a concern that the plugin might clash with this mod.

adwade 12 Jun 2011 17:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by adwade (Post 2206694)
Forgive me, I thought the whole MOD had ceased working, but after looking again some links are ok. Here's one that is not: http://tinyurl.com/3zdnnkq I expected to see Sunrise Medical with a LINK, but it's not.:confused:

I did try removing the S&B reference (and link), but it doesn't seem to have made any difference.

I've taken my long-listing (seen in my post above) and began cutting it in down until I can narrow in on some culprits...

EDIT: I turned it ON for ALL Forums and it seems to be functioning properly. LOOKs like a(nother) case of User Error.:o I am carefully adding more WORDS/LINKS back in, but do not expect to see any more problems. SORRY BOP5.