The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=278830

Quick Reply for Guests for VB4 by BOP5
by BirdOPrey5
19 Feb 2012 16:42

4 Attachment(s)

This is a port of my VB 3.8 Mod.

Live Demo: Guest Forum at Qapla.com

This mod allows guests to use Quick Reply.

Quick Reply will only be shown in threads in which guests are allowed to post.

If human verification is enabled, that too will be displayed for the guest.

I have tested this on 4.1.10, I expect it should work on all 4.0.x/4.1.x versions.

Although it was a simple result it was actually pretty tricky to get this mod working right.

I've marked this as Beta because it is new but it is working for me without issue.

v0.98 - Initial Release (for VB4)
v0.981 - Bug Fix- Human Verify will only show if human verify enabled for posts
v0.985 - Updated to work with SolveMedia Captcha

Please Mark as Installed if you use this. :)
Donations are always appreciated. :up:

BirdOPrey5 19 Feb 2012 16:44

Reserved... Oh wow someone beat me to this. :up:

Kraxell 19 Feb 2012 16:47

Excellent! I'll test it.

BirdOPrey5 19 Feb 2012 16:48

Don't worry about it. Thank you.

Must have got lucky. Please let me know if you have any issues with it.

deverill2010 19 Feb 2012 17:11

2 Attachment(s)
Birdofprey your a legend!

Is there anyway to make the username box 'more' part of the quick reply and ontop?

Look at my image quick, is there anyway to make it look like quick 2, just so it looks all together. I originally missed the username box at first lol.

ETA: Works fine for me!!! :D

blueperspective 19 Feb 2012 17:20

Oh My Gosh... Bird ftw!!! :))
Lemme test it. Will come back with comments if needed.
Thanks a lot for listening to our prayer!

BirdOPrey5 19 Feb 2012 17:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by deverill2010 (Post 2301265)
Birdofprey your a legend!

Is there anyway to make the username box 'more' part of the quick reply and ontop?

Look at my image quick, is there anyway to make it look like quick 2, just so it looks all together. I originally missed the username box at first lol.

ETA: Works fine for me!!! :D

That was my first thought for placement as well but in my testing trying to add any code over there destroyed the layout of the rest of the quick reply box... I will put some more time into trying to add this alternate location.

deverill2010 19 Feb 2012 17:25

Even if its not directly within the quick reply box (which would be ace), even below the reply to thread button would be better I reckon as it's more in your eye line ifyswim.

ETA: nominated for MOTM and a donation made as it's just ace!

BirdOPrey5 19 Feb 2012 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by deverill2010 (Post 2301274)
Even if its not directly within the quick reply box (which would be ace), even below the reply to thread button would be better I reckon as it's more in your eye line ifyswim.

ETA: nominated for MOTM and a donation made as it's just ace!

Much appreciated. :up:

I am working on getting this to look better but if you want to see where I'm going go to your Plugin Manager, find this product, and edit the plugin on the showthread_complete hook.

Erase all the code there and replace it with:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

If you want to go back to how it was just re-install the mod with allow overwrite set to yes.

deverill2010 19 Feb 2012 18:06

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

I've swapped a <br/> around which makes it sit nice and neatly in within the box evenly. It doesn't like my ESB mod though, I am going to disable that on threads and see whats the outcome.

deverill2010 19 Feb 2012 18:07

I have removed the ESB side bar on the thread display, and voila that's perfect :)

blueperspective 19 Feb 2012 18:09

Works very good, excepts the verification code in my case. I tested it on your site and there it works. Strange.
But's all fine.. I'm currently moderate Guest's post first.
Hum.. But I want the field with Unregistered above. What should I do ? It currently appears under the box.

Later Edit:
Saw the correction above later.
Fixed the position of "Unregistered".
Thanks!

deverill2010 19 Feb 2012 18:12

Blueperspective, I've left the human verfiication off as like you I moderate all posts first so don't see the point.

I would rather look over any guest post than have them verify a image and it be posted to the board and could be completely irrelevant.

As you have the same setup as me, this mod ties in nicely with moderating the guest posts - http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=241301

Brill Birdofprey - It does exactly what it needs to , looks good and ties in nicely with the other mods I use.

I haven't tested the verification as don't have it enabled so can't help with whether that works or not.

blueperspective 19 Feb 2012 18:24

Thanks for your suggestion, deverill. Btw.. our professional fields are similar. I'm student in Nursing. :P

deverill2010 19 Feb 2012 18:35

One thing I have noticed is that if I do click on the +Reply to thread button (top or bottom) of the page then I get a little circle which goes around and around but doesn't do anything.

I have guest posting enabled in this forum and in theory when the +Reply to thread button is clicked it should take me to the advanced reply box.

The ckeditor is interferring with it by the looks of the little black (loading) circle which keeps going around, see here - click on the +Reply to thread button (top or bottom)

ETA: Blueperspective, is that what your sites is about? Nursing? :) We have a few nurses on our :D