vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=101326

Marco van Herwaarden 22 Nov 2005 14:48

Fix for the Private Message problem posted in Post #2. Thansk to mini2 for finding the problem and also providing a quick fix.

MThornback 22 Nov 2005 14:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by mini2
Just to let you know, removing the postbit (legacy) template change didn't fix it, but disabling the product did.

*/ edit /*

In fact, I can (of course) leave the product enabled and just disable the plugin for showing it in postbit(legacy) and everything else works swimmingly.

*/ edit again /*

Fixed it, PM sent.....

Turning off the legacy plugin fixed my problem too...

Found something else...

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /public_html/forum/includes/class_dm_user.php(1719) : eval()'d code on line 5

when I tried editing via the profile link (changes it...no record to the database though) & when I made an edit to change it back from the AdminCP...same error

a) the .com part isn't included...i'm no expert...so exuse my ignorance when I say "why?" :p
b) class_dm_user.php wasn't in my install package

Marco van Herwaarden 22 Nov 2005 17:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by MThornback
Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /public_html/forum/includes/class_dm_user.php(1719) : eval()'d code on line 5

when I tried editing via the profile link (changes it...no record to the database though) & when I made an edit to change it back from the AdminCP...same error

a) the .com part isn't included...i'm no expert...so exuse my ignorance when I say "why?"
b) class_dm_user.php wasn't in my install package

What vB version are you using?
Are you using table prefix?

Marco van Herwaarden 22 Nov 2005 17:33

New version 1.01 released:

22-11-2005 v1.01
- Fixed bug messing up Private Messages (thanks mini2)
- Fixed bug in install routine that would create a wrong tablename if using table prefixes
- Changed the internal caching routines
- Added more parameters to mh_unm_fetch_username_history for more flexibility for Addon coders
- Added extended information mode
- Created first version of the Coders documentation
Known issues: No example code for an Addon Plugin yet.

dcpaq2xx 22 Nov 2005 17:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aftermath
Awesome. I am definitely going to install this hack for all my premium users too! :) Thanks.

One thing, do you think you can make a mini addon for Previous usernames too? That would be useful so users may notice the user's previous names anytime, just like this forum. http://forums.adventchildren.net/member.php?u=1

Yes, I have to agree as well that that is somewhat similar to what Ebay.com does and had suggested in my original request for this User Name Historty Plugin. It would be great to have it setup something like or exactly like what Aftermath showed us in that link to that users profile. I wouldnt want this feature in the forums, ONLY IN THEIR PROFILE. please keep the "hover effect" like MarcoH64 already has it.

Doug

Zachariah 22 Nov 2005 17:40

thank you sir.

Marco van Herwaarden 22 Nov 2005 17:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zachariah
Yes, I have to agree as well that that is somewhat similar to what Ebay.com

I actually never looked at ebay, and also didn't really read the suggestions made.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcpaq2
I wouldnt want this feature in the forums, ONLY IN THEIR PROFILE.

I will post a profile modification like suggested as an Addon Coding Example tomorrow.

This hack can now easily be used in other places by Addon developers, just a few lines of coding in a plugin needed.

Mastar 22 Nov 2005 19:10

So Is Everything Fixed in this hack now? Really want to install it.

dcpaq2xx 22 Nov 2005 19:15

Quote:

I will post a profile modification like suggested as an Addon Coding Example tomorrow.
Alright! Excellent Whoo Hoo! Yipee! :banana:

Thank you MarcoH64

Doug

Marco van Herwaarden 22 Nov 2005 20:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mastar
So Is Everything Fixed in this hack now? Really want to install it.

Yes, all known bugs have been fixed, and some extra's added (mostly prepairing for future addons).

jugo 22 Nov 2005 20:53

I have an issue. After I installed this:

Whenever i try and add a new group or edit an existing group's properties it runs Rebuild Bitfields in a loop.

Tell me that it has nothing to do with this hack so I can move on and explore other causes.

Marco van Herwaarden 22 Nov 2005 21:13

What version of vB?

Sounds like the same as what Andreas hack was suffering from first. Do you have Signature Limits installed?

Will do some testing.

Marco van Herwaarden 22 Nov 2005 21:26

Just tested adding a new usergroup to my testboard, and i have no problems running a clean vB3.5.1 with version 1.01 of this hack.

PS Can you change the usergroups, if you disable the Product and temporary remove the ./includes/xml/bitfield_mh_unm.xml

Swindont 22 Nov 2005 21:29

i love it ;] *installs*

Blam Forumz 22 Nov 2005 21:58

Thanks, is there an option to display a page of who changed their names?