vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=127868

orban 27 Oct 2006 15:00

Second argument is $Coventry...? That variable is from vBulletin... :(

No idea what's causing this. Do you have Conventry disabled maybe?

And I strongly suggest turning off errors for users and log them to a file.

mute 27 Oct 2006 15:03

erm yeah, it's $Coventry. We don't use it, so that is probably why. For now i just set error_reporting to 0 and it went away :)

ALanJay 27 Oct 2006 15:04

I think it is slightly amusing that with this upgrade people are now seeing very similar errors to the ones that I have with vB 3.0.x

The assert function errors are caused by text numbers being passed rather than integers. You will see further up a solution using array_walk to make sure that that does not happen.

The coventry ID one I also had and if you don't use that function just remove the query line in sphinx.php short term until the real problem/solution is discovered :)

Good luck. :)

orban 27 Oct 2006 15:05

It's weird though it doesn't even get set...should at least be an empty array. And why is it even a seperate global and not $vbulletin->coventry?

Just remove the line if you aren't using coventry then.

Such a mess ;)

mute 27 Oct 2006 15:09

Alanjay, you mean you're surprised that jelsoft code is buggy and hard to work with? I'm not :)

orban 27 Oct 2006 15:12

Haha

:D

I really wish they removed all the global variables. They're the pain in the ass to be honest.

ALanJay 27 Oct 2006 16:21

as oban says :) ha ha

We should be very grateful that we can hack it to bits and get it to do stuff that makes it so expandable.

orban 27 Oct 2006 16:24

IMO they must add a hook before and after every statement. So you can completely modify any part.

weeno 30 Oct 2006 01:24

does this require a specific version of mysql? (I'm at 4.0.x)

I get an error on indexing

ERROR: sql_range_query: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'SELECT max_doc_id FROM sphinx_counter WHERE counter_id = 1 )'

thanks
arn

orban 30 Oct 2006 04:16

Have you created the sphinx_counter table?

weeno 30 Oct 2006 05:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by orban
Have you created the sphinx_counter table?

yeah... I think it has to do with 4.0.x not allowing nested SELECT queries. (subqueries).

that support didn't come until 4.1.

arn

orban 30 Oct 2006 15:45

Oh. Try asking in the sphinx forums maybe there's a way to avoid the nested queries.

amcd 02 Nov 2006 11:09

followed the howto and installed flawlessly in one shot

the first look is very very encouraging

will report again after few days

btw, my forum is Threads: 85,829, Posts: 3,686,297, Members: 175,810

orban 02 Nov 2006 16:05

Glad to hear :)

mute 02 Nov 2006 20:52

Our search is working flawlessly, and seeing ~4000 searches per day, which isn't too shabby at all.

Question for you guys, as I can't seem to find much in the way of documentation regarding the searches.

Does sphinx support "OR"? If you were to search for "test one two", it searches for all three with an implicit "AND". If you search for "blah not bleh", it will search for "blah -bleh". If you search for "test or task or mask", it will search for that literally (and likely ignore "or" as one of my stopwords)

Anyone? A couple of my more picky users are complaining, and I don't really have an answer for them, as I typically just do keyword searches.