The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=127868

orban 08 Nov 2006 19:09

Are you guys using vB 3.6?

DaiTengu 08 Nov 2006 20:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by orban
Are you guys using vB 3.6?

It's a very clean 3.6.1 install on a very busy forum. There's no hacks or anything else installed.

amcd 09 Nov 2006 02:55

i dropped 3 fulltext indexes

title and title_2 on post
title on thread

hope i did the correct thing

what are the postindex and posthash tables for? i also have 3 tables called postindex_temp31480 and similar. what are those?

Neil Lock 12 Nov 2006 13:14

Would love a little bit of help, if available?

I have tried getting this to work on one of our test forums which currently has about 1.5mil posts and is running vbul 3.5.4 first of all im not sure whether my conf is correct when i run the indexer is it supposed to say

skipping index 'vbfulltext' (distributed indexes can not be directly indexed)...
skipping index 'vbfulltextthread' (distributed indexes can not be directly indexed)...
those are the last 2 results - the dirstributed indexes is that error suppose to be there?

secondly when i run a search --config path qry it appears to work and give back results however upon turning on the searchd i dont seem to get any results the echos on my search.php
Query '' retrieved 0 of 0 matches in 0.000 sec.
Query stats:
'test' found 0 times in 0 documents

and there are no queries on my searchd.log

any starting point suggestions- i guess the searchd isnt being queried however when i switch it off the echo alerts me that searchd is not running? is one of the issues that im using 3.5?

Thanks
Nelly

orban 12 Nov 2006 13:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil Lock
skipping index 'vbfulltext' (distributed indexes can not be directly indexed)...
skipping index 'vbfulltextthread' (distributed indexes can not be directly indexed)...
those are the last 2 results - the dirstributed indexes is that error suppose to be there?

Yes

Quote:

secondly when i run a search --config path qry it appears to work and give back results however upon turning on the searchd i dont seem to get any results the echos on my search.php
Query stats:

and there are no queries on my searchd.log

any starting point suggestions- i guess the searchd isnt being queried however when i switch it off the echo alerts me that searchd is not running? is one of the issues that im using 3.5?

Are you starting the searchd with --config path too?

Neil Lock 12 Nov 2006 13:30

Wow, thanks for the really quick reply, yup am starting with the conf file

and the only lines in the log read:
[Sun Nov 12 14:29:38 2006] [24295] creating server socket on 0.0.0.0:3312
[Sun Nov 12 14:29:38 2006] [24295] accepting connections

Nelly

orban 12 Nov 2006 13:32

There's two log files.

searchd.log and query.log

What does query.log say?

Neil Lock 12 Nov 2006 13:35

ahh didnt notice that there was a query log

ok so it must be hitting it
[Sun Nov 12 14:34:13 2006] 0.009 sec [all/1/attr- 0 (0,500)] [vbpostindex] test qry

hmmmm will go back to the search.php - is it likely to be something to do with using 3.5.4 and not 3.6?

Nelly

mute 12 Nov 2006 13:36

Quote:

Would love a little bit of help, if available?

This is the correct behavior.

Quote:

Query stats:

Check your settings in sphinx.php, make sure your searchd command line has the proper --config, and.. upgrade to 3.6, as I don't believe you'll have much luck with Orbans search files w/ 3.5, as they were designed for 3.6.

Jeez, there were like 4 replies while I was replying :)

orban 12 Nov 2006 13:36

I don't really know... :(

you can try to work with the files in the /api/ folder of the archive you downloaded, and try to get that one work.

mute: !! :D

Neil Lock 12 Nov 2006 13:58

Thanx guys, will take a look at the api stuff but on initial inspection get error messages such as
Query failed: searchd error: index 'vbthreadindex': incompatible schemas: non-virtual attributes count mismatch: 4 in schema '/var/data/vbthreadindex', 5 in schema '/var/data/vbpost'.

if this means anything that can be relayed then please mention otherwise gonna spend the afternoon reading and playing...

as for 3.6 we hope to upgrade soon, but i havent ascertained what they have done to this upgrade (ie how much more 'beef' will our front ends need for this version!)

cheers

mute 12 Nov 2006 14:00

If i were you i'd verify that your sphinx.conf matches the example.

We upgraded to 3.6.2 about 2 weeks ago and it went pretty well, as far as our front end web traffic goes, I don't really notice a difference in terms of load :)

orban 12 Nov 2006 14:01

Are you combining wrong indexes together?

Neil Lock 12 Nov 2006 14:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by mute
If i were you i'd verify that your sphinx.conf matches the example.

We upgraded to 3.6.2 about 2 weeks ago and it went pretty well, as far as our front end web traffic goes, I don't really notice a difference in terms of load :)

well thats good news - the upgrade from 3 to 3.5 really hit us hard! we had our db box well tuned for 3 and then they up and move it to the front ends...v. annoying

ALanJay 12 Nov 2006 15:35

Neil,

The other thing to check is to use the test.php script to check that you can search the files correctly. If that works then you know you need to tweak the search.php code - it is possible as I have tweaked it all the way back to 3.0.x :) Though I doubt there will be much to change as the major changes occured in the the chnage from 3.0 to 3.5