vBulletin Mods

The Official vBulletin Modifications Site
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=238945

hoochblues 18 Mar 2011 18:19

A couple of quick questions.

1. re. Ladders, I see where I input start and end date/times in description. But I don't see where they are displayed for users.
2. again re. Ladders, My tournament descriptions are appearing in the competition forum I specified in settings->options. But I don't see my Ladder descriptions. Should they be appearing too?

Great mod!

Thanks!

EasyEazy 18 Mar 2011 21:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by bananalive (Post 2173906)
I'm experimenting with a league system. If you have 30 players joining the league, how are they normally splitting into groups? Is it based upon last seasons league? If it is then the first season would have to random put them in groups, I assume.

This is great news. Just what I have been looking for. Hope it comes off.

I recently had an issue with a version which is now fixed. I went back to a earlier version of the ladder. v4.2.4 just to have it running while a fix was made.

is it possible for me to just upgrade to the current version? or do i need to remove the v4.2.4 then do a fresh install?

tidus78 18 Mar 2011 21:51

Great work!!!

A little question:isn't possible auto-submit results?

betts02 18 Mar 2011 23:55

Join User Tables to User Profile Tables
Enables display of user profile fields in tournament brackets and ladders. Not necessary unless you want to user {vb:raw userinfo.field1} in template tmnt_bracket. Note: will slightly increase server load on some pages.


If i click this i get database ewrrors

Is there anything i have to do here ?
Do i have to add the "{vb:raw userinfo.field1" to the template - tmnt_bracket ?

Cheers

bananalive 19 Mar 2011 11:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by betts02 (Post 2174930)
Join User Tables to User Profile Tables
Enables display of user profile fields in tournament brackets and ladders. Not necessary unless you want to user {vb:raw userinfo.field1} in template tmnt_bracket. Note: will slightly increase server load on some pages.


If i click this i get database ewrrors

Is there anything i have to do here ?
Do i have to add the "{vb:raw userinfo.field1}" to the template - tmnt_bracket ?

Cheers

On what page are you getting the database error?

bananalive 19 Mar 2011 11:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by tidus78 (Post 2174904)
A little question:isn't possible auto-submit results?

Sorry, I do not understand what you mean

bananalive 19 Mar 2011 11:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by EasyEazy (Post 2174891)
This is great news. Just what I have been looking for. Hope it comes off.

I recently had an issue with a version which is now fixed. I went back to a earlier version of the ladder. v4.2.4 just to have it running while a fix was made.

is it possible for me to just upgrade to the current version? or do i need to remove the v4.2.4 then do a fresh install?

An upgrade should be fine. If you completely uninstall it, then you will lose and ladders, tournaments, teams and all data.

bananalive 19 Mar 2011 12:02

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by hoochblues (Post 2174843)
A couple of quick questions.

1. re. Ladders, I see where I input start and end date/times in description. But I don't see where they are displayed for users.
2. again re. Ladders, My tournament descriptions are appearing in the competition forum I specified in settings->options. But I don't see my Ladder descriptions. Should they be appearing too?

Great mod!

Thanks!

1. See attached screenshot. Depending on the time now, it will display ladder finsihed at ... or ladder starting at... or ladder ending at..

2. Are you using the new layout or the old one? The 'Maximum Description Length' option is the maximum description preview length to be shown throughout this modification

bananalive 19 Mar 2011 12:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by stwan (Post 2174776)
I deleted all the tournaments and ladder! How to reset the Hall of Fame?

AdminCP -> Edit User

Edit Tournament Wins
Edit Tournament Joins

betts02 19 Mar 2011 19:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by bananalive (Post 2175053)
On what page are you getting the database error?

When i go to create a ladder/tournament

Its ok now but if i click to "Join User Tables to User Profile Tables" it just takes me to a database error

I do not have this option clicked atm due to the error and it works fine, But as stated if i click to have the option

I get the error as soon as i click to create an event

stwan 20 Mar 2011 12:28

Feature Requests for Teams

In Statistics:

Lost tournaments
Tournaments in a draw

In Contacts

Methods of communication with the creator of the team: ICQ, Skype etc.

In Additional information

Game server: IP: port
Convenient time to play the team
So-lider: Nickname

hoochblues 20 Mar 2011 13:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by bananalive (Post 2175056)
2. Are you using the new layout or the old one? The 'Maximum Description Length' option is the maximum description preview length to be shown throughout this modification

Actually I was referring to the post made in the forum defined in "Create Thread" of Tournament and Ladders Options in Settings. Are only Tournaments posted there? Not Ladders?

Also, I have been trying to use HTML in the Ladder Descriptions when I define a ladder. Tables primarily. Can that be done?

Thanks!!!

Love this mod!

OttawaGolf 21 Mar 2011 13:20

Request to please add a way to control the landing page selection.

Currently lands at competitions.php?
I'd like to be able to have it land at competitions.php?c=3

That would be awesome!

Nice mod BTW :-)

OttawaGolf 21 Mar 2011 17:50

Looks like there is a bit of an issue (for me anyway) with the creating teams form section. The screen scrolls a vey long way to the right. The form is in the center, but it is so far right it can easily be missed. Something is amiss with the container.

I am using a div to "frame" the page but it does not affect other pages.
http://forum.ottawagolf.com/competitions.php?

It is messed up for me on Win7 & IE9. Same thing for one of my users on IE8 (I assume win7)

It is working fine for me on a system here running xp and IE8. Works in Safari, Chrome and Firefox too.

Any ideas?

bananalive 21 Mar 2011 21:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by OttawaGolf (Post 2175866)
Looks like there is a bit of an issue (for me anyway) with the creating teams form section. The screen scrolls a vey long way to the right. The form is in the center, but it is so far right it can easily be missed. Something is amiss with the container.

I am using a div to "frame" the page but it does not affect other pages.
http://forum.ottawagolf.com/competitions.php?

It is messed up for me on Win7 & IE9. Same thing for one of my users on IE8 (I assume win7)

It is working fine for me on a system here running xp and IE8. Works in Safari, Chrome and Firefox too.

Any ideas?

The page is XHTML valid, so it should display fine on all modern browsers. I'm afraid I'm not really sure whether it is windows 7 or some other factor causing the problem.

bananalive 21 Mar 2011 21:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by OttawaGolf (Post 2175771)
Request to please add a way to control the landing page selection.

Currently lands at competitions.php?
I'd like to be able to have it land at competitions.php?c=3

That would be awesome!

Nice mod BTW :-)

Open competitions.php

Find line 2798

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Add below

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Save competitions.php

bananalive 21 Mar 2011 21:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoochblues (Post 2175413)
Actually I was referring to the post made in the forum defined in "Create Thread" of Tournament and Ladders Options in Settings. Are only Tournaments posted there? Not Ladders?

Yes, that is currently for tournaments only. As of v4.3.4+ it will create a new thread for ladders as well.
Quote:

Also, I have been trying to use HTML in the Ladder Descriptions when I define a ladder. Tables primarily. Can that be done?

Thanks!!!

Love this mod!
Only bbcode is allowed, but there is a [table] bb code available.

bananalive 21 Mar 2011 21:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by betts02 (Post 2175194)
When i go to create a ladder/tournament

Its ok now but if i click to "Join User Tables to User Profile Tables" it just takes me to a database error

I do not have this option clicked atm due to the error and it works fine, But as stated if i click to have the option

I get the error as soon as i click to create an event

Can you view page source, and post the mysql error here please

OttawaGolf 22 Mar 2011 11:24

Thanks that did it. It would be nice to be able to set that in admin :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bananalive (Post 2175927)
Open competitions.php
......
Save competitions.php


OttawaGolf 22 Mar 2011 11:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by bananalive (Post 2175925)
The page is XHTML valid, so it should display fine on all modern browsers. I'm afraid I'm not really sure whether it is windows 7 or some other factor causing the problem.

It was worth a try....:confused:

Same problem on tournaments comments page.

hoochblues 22 Mar 2011 14:36

Couple of quick questions -

1. How are seasons intended to be used?
2. Can I name my seasons? Could I have a Winter, Spring, Summer & Fall season? And if not through a form to name seasons, what db table field are they in?

Thanks!

hoochblues 22 Mar 2011 16:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by bananalive (Post 2175929)
Only bbcode is allowed, but there is a [table] bb code available.

hmmm ... I tried bbcode in the ladder description. The bb codes did not convert. Instead they were displayed.

Also re. teams - I have one person creating two man teams. Once he adds the two participants he makes them both leaders, and removes himself. But the challenge notifications are still going to the creator (ie. founder). Even though he has left the team.

Am I wrong? Or can that be changed?

champendk 22 Mar 2011 22:03

The xp for winning tournament is buggy, sometime it dos not reg the points on the ladder?

And i cant figure out how to ad and remove points manually?

Seasons & ELO
by hoochblues
24 Mar 2011 12:38

One of the requests I have had is "can ELO carry over from ladder to ladder?". Which I don't think it does. Is there, or could there be, an option to do this?

Also, I haven't figured out seasons yet. But It would be even better if I could make ELO carry over from ladder to ladder within a season. Could that be possible?

Thanks!

bananalive 25 Mar 2011 19:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoochblues (Post 2176939)
One of the requests I have had is "can ELO carry over from ladder to ladder?". Which I don't think it does. Is there, or could there be, an option to do this?

Also, I haven't figured out seasons yet. But It would be even better if I could make ELO carry over from ladder to ladder within a season. Could that be possible?

Thanks!

There's no option at the moment, but it's something i might add an option for in the future.

Seasons allow you to link different ladders together. Here's a video on youtube about seasons

bananalive 25 Mar 2011 19:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoochblues (Post 2176237)
hmmm ... I tried bbcode in the ladder description. The bb codes did not convert. Instead they were displayed.

vBulletin Options -> BB Code Settings -> Allow BB Code in Non Forum Specific Areas
Quote:

Also re. teams - I have one person creating two man teams. Once he adds the two participants he makes them both leaders, and removes himself. But the challenge notifications are still going to the creator (ie. founder). Even though he has left the team.

Am I wrong? Or can that be changed?
Corrected for next release.

bananalive 25 Mar 2011 19:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by champendk (Post 2176333)
The xp for winning tournament is buggy, sometime it dos not reg the points on the ladder?

And i cant figure out how to ad and remove points manually?

Here's how edit a ladder player's xp, elo rating, etc.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHbFQxZXihg

bananalive 25 Mar 2011 20:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoochblues (Post 2176194)
Couple of quick questions -

1. How are seasons intended to be used?
2. Can I name my seasons? Could I have a Winter, Spring, Summer & Fall season? And if not through a form to name seasons, what db table field are they in?

Thanks!

Seasons use their ladder title so if you wanted spring, summer, etc. create ladders called

Blue Ladder Spring 2011,
Blue Ladder Fall 2011,
Blue Ladder Summer 2011, etc.

bananalive 25 Mar 2011 20:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by OttawaGolf (Post 2176158)
It was worth a try....:confused:

Same problem on tournaments comments page.

They both use the small vbulletin wysiwyg editor, so it might be something to do with that.

betts02 25 Mar 2011 20:50

I have not fully tested this but i have recently installed a fresh version

Is it possible to let team leaders submit the results of a tournament ?

If both teams have different scores can it send a PM to all users with permissions to edit scores
If scores are correct from both teams can it automatically put the winner through and add the scores

And if possible a League system would be great, I would even pay towards that

Cheers for the great works mate

hoochblues 25 Mar 2011 21:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by bananalive (Post 2177420)
vBulletin Options -> BB Code Settings -> Allow BB Code in Non Forum Specific Areas

Already set to "Yes". But the bb code for tables didn't take.

bananalive 25 Mar 2011 21:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by betts02 (Post 2177436)
I have not fully tested this but i have recently installed a fresh version

Is it possible to let team leaders submit the results of a tournament ?

If both teams have different scores can it send a PM to all users with permissions to edit scores
If scores are correct from both teams can it automatically put the winner through and add the scores

This happens for ladders at the moment.
Quote:

Originally Posted by betts02 (Post 2177436)
And if possible a League system would be great, I would even pay towards that

Cheers for the great works mate

I'm developing the league at the moment, just got to work on how to place players/teams in groups, depending on their position in their previous league season.

betts02 25 Mar 2011 21:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by bananalive (Post 2177450)
This happens for ladders at the moment.
I'm developing the league at the moment, just got to work on how to place players/teams in groups, depending on their position in their previous league season.

Will it be coming so teams/players can do this in tournaments ?

Also maybe have an option to drop/promote 1/2/3 teams/players
If not let the admins do this, As long as the league works admins can place teams into each division if they choose to

Frost5 26 Mar 2011 12:57

Great mod.

shoer76 28 Mar 2011 11:11

Is there a way to get 64 players in double elimination instead of just 8?

champendk 28 Mar 2011 13:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by bananalive (Post 2177450)
This happens for ladders at the moment.
I'm developing the league at the moment, just got to work on how to place players/teams in groups, depending on their position in their previous league season.

Cant wait....


Make sure that there will be a option to make teams re-register(not start all over but kind of check-in) for every season, as people tent to drop out. This will secure that all teams are ready for the next season, and you won´t have a 2. devision with 2 teams and 12 in 3. devision.

OttawaGolf 29 Mar 2011 18:38

One of our users created a team name that contained an apostrophe and a question mark which caused a server error when he tried to have that team join a tournament. We renamed the team and he joined successfully.
Problem is he tried 5 times unsuccessfully and the number of available team spots was reduced by 5. I can't find a way to put the 5 team spots back.
Your assistance would be appreciated.

Lord. Dela 29 Mar 2011 21:18

Congratulations bananalive. I have some question..

I need your help

As I can do to make when I go to Match Finder, appears the name of the player nominated and not only the date?

I would appreciate very much, is what I need to use this system, thanks.

Gamelobby 30 Mar 2011 01:47

FYI 4.3.2 still shows. (and version list is out dated) :)

WaterAir 30 Mar 2011 20:02

5 Attachment(s)
As Game said, it still says the previous version.

Also, I am having some issues of my own. This looks like an amazing mod and I am excited about trying to work the current bugs out. If anyone could help me out or let me know if these are known bugs it'd be great!

Issue 1: Can't post match comments. (as seen in attachment t1 and t2)

Issue 2: Can't dispute a match in the teams ladder. (as seen in attachment t1)

Issue 3: Match isn't added to match finder when I create a match finder challenge. (as seen in attachment t3)

Issue 4: EDIT: This issue seems to work fine on another PC, disregard the last 2 attachment files.

Thanks for the help in advance and I'm looking forward to new updates!

Oh! and a really nice feature that I think would be somewhat easy to add would be a simple link (either at the top as a sublink under Teams or left side bar) that says "My Teams" that you could click to see which teams you're on... either that or add something to the vB profile that links a players team with their profile.

GamerFill 31 Mar 2011 05:42

Here's a question that probably isn't asked on a regular basis:

Is there a way to require the user to make a PayPal payment before being able to enter?

I'm planning on making a "Gaming for Charity" site, in which each tournament will have a low entry fee, and then the winner of said tournament will get a cut of the entry money, as well as a charity of their choice, and then of course, the remaining money goes to the house.

champendk 31 Mar 2011 06:34

Pay to play would certainly be a nice ad-on to this awesome mod and maybe a feature to controle which usergroups that can enter diffrent ladders tournaments.

WaterAir 31 Mar 2011 07:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by GamerFill (Post 2179309)
Here's a question that probably isn't asked on a regular basis:

Is there a way to require the user to make a PayPal payment before being able to enter?

I'm planning on making a "Gaming for Charity" site, in which each tournament will have a low entry fee, and then the winner of said tournament will get a cut of the entry money, as well as a charity of their choice, and then of course, the remaining money goes to the house.

I don't think this mod supports a feature like this, as of now.

I'm really looking forward to the new league feature, and hopefully will figure out how to make it to where teams can dispute matches (instead of only players ladders) and getting my match finder fixed.

I can see it getting confusing if a user doesn't log in for a while and tries to create or join a team and can't because they're already on a team and don't know which team they're on (I have registered users set up to only be able to create 1 team). They would then have to go through the entire team list to see all of the teams that they may have been on in order to leave it. It'd be awesome if it could somehow be simplified with a link showing the teams that they're on so that they can leave them or see their roster.

wampforum 01 Apr 2011 13:18

A couple of questions.

First is it possible to alter the player image? (the one who's url shows the players latest ranking for sigs etc?)

Secondly, I use the ELO ratin system for my ladder but I have the odd anomoly. I have a guy thats played 4 won3 and drawn 1 yest has less points than when he started!! Is that a glitch?

bananalive 01 Apr 2011 14:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaterAir (Post 2179319)
I can see it getting confusing if a user doesn't log in for a while and tries to create or join a team and can't because they're already on a team and don't know which team they're on (I have registered users set up to only be able to create 1 team). They would then have to go through the entire team list to see all of the teams that they may have been on in order to leave it. It'd be awesome if it could somehow be simplified with a link showing the teams that they're on so that they can leave them or see their roster.

The error message for reaching usergroup limit of number of teams a user can create has been altered for next version, with a link to view all the teams the user has created.

Users can already access this via:

http://www.yousite.com/forums/compet...eams&myteams=1

bananalive 01 Apr 2011 14:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by champendk (Post 2179315)
Pay to play would certainly be a nice ad-on to this awesome mod and maybe a feature to controle which usergroups that can enter diffrent ladders tournaments.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GamerFill (Post 2179309)
Here's a question that probably isn't asked on a regular basis:

Is there a way to require the user to make a PayPal payment before being able to enter?

I'm planning on making a "Gaming for Charity" site, in which each tournament will have a low entry fee, and then the winner of said tournament will get a cut of the entry money, as well as a charity of their choice, and then of course, the remaining money goes to the house.

Pay-for-play is currently unavailable and is not due to be included in the next release but may be available in the future.

bananalive 01 Apr 2011 15:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by wampforum (Post 2179748)
A couple of questions.

First is it possible to alter the player image? (the one who's url shows the players latest ranking for sigs etc?)

Secondly, I use the ELO ratin system for my ladder but I have the odd anomoly. I have a guy thats played 4 won3 and drawn 1 yest has less points than when he started!! Is that a glitch?

1. How did you want it altered?

2. If a player's has 3 wins, 1 draw, 0 loses, then they should have elo rating higher than the starting elo rating. Although it depends on the elo rating's of the other people you play, e.g. only drawing against the worst player in the ladder, will decrease your elo rating (but not by as much as if they beat you).

bananalive 01 Apr 2011 16:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaterAir (Post 2179163)
As Game said, it still says the previous version.

Also, I am having some issues of my own. This looks like an amazing mod and I am excited about trying to work the current bugs out. If anyone could help me out or let me know if these are known bugs it'd be great!

Issue 1: Can't post match comments. (as seen in attachment t1 and t2)

Issue 2: Can't dispute a match in the teams ladder. (as seen in attachment t1)

Issue 3: Match isn't added to match finder when I create a match finder challenge. (as seen in attachment t3)

Issue 4: EDIT: This issue seems to work fine on another PC, disregard the last 2 attachment files.

Thanks for the help in advance and I'm looking forward to new updates!

Oh! and a really nice feature that I think would be somewhat easy to add would be a simple link (either at the top as a sublink under Teams or left side bar) that says "My Teams" that you could click to see which teams you're on... either that or add something to the vB profile that links a players team with their profile.

1. This issue has been fixed for v4.3.4
2. Users will be able to dispute team challenges in v4.3.4+
3. Make sure you set the match date in the future. Matches will only show in the match finder in they are in the future.

bananalive 01 Apr 2011 16:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by OttawaGolf (Post 2178799)
One of our users created a team name that contained an apostrophe and a question mark which caused a server error when he tried to have that team join a tournament. We renamed the team and he joined successfully.
Problem is he tried 5 times unsuccessfully and the number of available team spots was reduced by 5. I can't find a way to put the 5 team spots back.
Your assistance would be appreciated.

Fixed issue for next version.

You'll have to edit the tournament via PHPMYADMIN or create new tournament and then add the teams to it.

bananalive 01 Apr 2011 16:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord. Dela (Post 2178847)
Congratulations bananalive. I have some question..

I need your help

As I can do to make when I go to Match Finder, appears the name of the player nominated and not only the date?

I would appreciate very much, is what I need to use this system, thanks.

User/team names are omitted so that players cannot cherry pick easy players to improve their number of wins.

To show player names you'll have to edit template 'tmnt_ladder_display', and player name some in this bit of html code:


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


bananalive 01 Apr 2011 16:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by champendk (Post 2178292)
Cant wait....


Make sure that there will be a option to make teams re-register(not start all over but kind of check-in) for every season, as people tent to drop out. This will secure that all teams are ready for the next season, and you won´t have a 2. devision with 2 teams and 12 in 3. devision.

It's going to be a one click sign-up like a ladder.

bananalive 01 Apr 2011 17:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by shoer76 (Post 2178265)
Is there a way to get 64 players in double elimination instead of just 8?

Sorry not at the moment

bananalive 01 Apr 2011 21:20

1 Attachment(s)
v4.3.4 Beta
  • Leagues
  • My Teams Page
  • Categories in navbar
  • Report team challenges

How to set-up a league: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_6CGuf5lJE

ProFifaLeagues 01 Apr 2011 22:31

Beta Installed A1 off away to test now.Thanks again Banana

Lord. Dela 02 Apr 2011 01:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by bananalive (Post 2179795)
User/team names are omitted so that players cannot cherry pick easy players to improve their number of wins.

To show player names you'll have to edit template 'tmnt_ladder_display', and player name some in this bit of html code:


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

How ? I don't understound :confused:

I could explain or give an example and should leave the code to display postulates?

EasyEazy 02 Apr 2011 08:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by bananalive (Post 2179896)
v4.3.4 Beta
  • Leagues
  • My Teams Page
  • Categories in navbar
  • Report team challenges

How to set-up a league: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_6CGuf5lJE


This is immense mate. Will test it out.

bananalive 02 Apr 2011 16:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord. Dela (Post 2179941)
How ? I don't understound :confused:

I could explain or give an example and should leave the code to display postulates?

I'll add a vBulletin option to show player/ team name for match finder in next version

stwan 02 Apr 2011 18:46

5 Attachment(s)
vBulletin 4.1.2 / Tournaments & Ladders Manager v4.3.4beta :

1. Please
Line 4381:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


replace:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


2. Bug in the team's (with special characters):
3. Attachment 127857

Shadawg 02 Apr 2011 19:02

Hey, I just added Full House Poker to my competitions page and tried setting up a 10 player FFA poker tournament, but I can't do that because there's no option for 10 players. Maybe you could allow us to imput our own # of players for a FFA in one of the future releases? I'm fine using the 8 player FFA for now.

Lord. Dela 02 Apr 2011 19:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by bananalive (Post 2180144)
I'll add a vBulletin option to show player/ team name for match finder in next version

Thanks Bananalive, wonderful !!!

ProFifaLeagues 02 Apr 2011 21:44

This mod is one of those you just know will be better with each release!
Thanks again Banana superb work on the beta

champendk 03 Apr 2011 22:04

Nice feature with the league but it could still use some small changes like season calendar and stuff.

And it would be nice to set the number on how many playerspots that would result in moving up to the above devision for the nest season.

And i tried to make a season, but when i make a new one the top players dosnt get assigned to the right devision. Like no 1 in the first division might start in 3. devision next season?


Maybe ad a bottom that says make new season, so when people sign up for next season the get added to the right devision,


For inspiration look at this link:

http://demo.joomsport.com/uefa-champions-league.html

ProFifaLeagues 03 Apr 2011 22:29

Here you may find some other options we run on our league system too and if you need any info or details please feel free to pm me
http://progamer.fifa-gaming.com/
(Some functions wont work as you arent logged as a running a team)

Again just to say this mod is the best on Vbull and one we use to the max on various sites so a big thanks again Banana

champendk 03 Apr 2011 22:33

Agree... Best mod on VB

Shadawg 04 Apr 2011 01:07

Here's a list of my idea's on things you can improve and do to make the script even better.

When your on a category homepage, it shows you the recent matches. I think it would be better if the winning team had a green score and the losing team had a red score.

Another idea for an actual ladder is to leave the strip that has the ladder icon, players in the ladder and the ladder name, but merge the ladder rules with the general rules tab next to find match.

The option to add a banner across a category homepage.

betts02 04 Apr 2011 11:24

Would be good if the league system could be made into a different mod itself and work along side this mod if wanted

Gona keep an eye on this as i really want a league as opposed to the ladders

betts02 04 Apr 2011 12:02

Just some additions if possible

Have a the league system on its own, So you do not have to click ladder,etc to make one
Also makes it easier for others to find the league as its in the ladders atm

In the settings have the admin select who goes into what divisions at the start of a season

Have an option to have a selected ammount of teams per division

Automatically promote top 2/3 teams into next division
Automatically drop bottom 2/3 teams into lower division

Let team captains submit results and if both teams results match, it automatically makes the changes to the league

If a match between 2 teams have different results, Send a PM to admins to admins and let admins correct the score

Would be good if this can have also :

Played
Won
Lost
Drawn - Optional setting as some league would want a win or loss system
For
Against
Difference
Points

Cheers

WaterAir 04 Apr 2011 17:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by bananalive (Post 2179792)
1. This issue has been fixed for v4.3.4
2. Users will be able to dispute team challenges in v4.3.4+
3. Make sure you set the match date in the future. Matches will only show in the match finder in they are in the future.

Awesome changes in the new version. I'm really digging the My Team List link and testing out the leagues feature.

I still can't get the match comments to work with 4.3.4. Is there a setting that I have to change in the vB admin in order to get this working?

Gamelobby 05 Apr 2011 01:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by bananalive (Post 2179768)
Pay-for-play is currently unavailable and is not due to be included in the next release but may be available in the future.

If you want "pay to play" just make a pay usergroup, & they cant join the ladder/tournament unless they are in that usergroup.




Quote:

Originally Posted by betts02 (Post 2180709)
Have a the league system on its own, So you do not have to click ladder,etc to make one
Also makes it easier for others to find the league as its in the ladders atm

I'm not 100% sure i understand what you mean, but you can just make a new tab/button/link that goes to ladders.php or tournaments.php or any other url you wanted to use. :D

I have a tab that goes to each individual game ladder or tournament. Works great. Now if i could just get people to use it. lol

bananalive 05 Apr 2011 10:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaterAir (Post 2180795)
I still can't get the match comments to work with 4.3.4. Is there a setting that I have to change in the vB admin in order to get this working?

You need to set your usergroup permissions:

AdminCP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> {Select a Usergroup} -> More Tournament and Ladder Permissions -> Can Comment on Ladder Matches

bananalive 05 Apr 2011 10:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadawg (Post 2180612)
Here's a list of my idea's on things you can improve and do to make the script even better.

When your on a category homepage, it shows you the recent matches. I think it would be better if the winning team had a green score and the losing team had a red score.

Added as vBulletin Option in v4.3.5
Quote:

Another idea for an actual ladder is to leave the strip that has the ladder icon, players in the ladder and the ladder name, but merge the ladder rules with the general rules tab next to find match.
I'm not sure what you mean.
Quote:

The option to add a banner across a category homepage.
Added for v4.3.5

bananalive 05 Apr 2011 10:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by champendk (Post 2180563)
Nice feature with the league but it could still use some small changes like season calendar and stuff.

And it would be nice to set the number on how many playerspots that would result in moving up to the above devision for the nest season.

And i tried to make a season, but when i make a new one the top players dosnt get assigned to the right devision. Like no 1 in the first division might start in 3. devision next season?


Maybe ad a bottom that says make new season, so when people sign up for next season the get added to the right devision,


For inspiration look at this link:

http://demo.joomsport.com/uefa-champions-league.html

Added link to create new season (ladder/league) in seasons dropdown menu, and will have the right options selected.

bananalive 05 Apr 2011 10:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadawg (Post 2180177)
Hey, I just added Full House Poker to my competitions page and tried setting up a 10 player FFA poker tournament, but I can't do that because there's no option for 10 players. Maybe you could allow us to imput our own # of players for a FFA in one of the future releases? I'm fine using the 8 player FFA for now.

Added more options in v4.3.5

bananalive 05 Apr 2011 10:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by stwan (Post 2180170)
vBulletin 4.1.2 / Tournaments & Ladders Manager v4.3.4beta :

1. Please
Line 4381:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


replace:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


2. Bug in the team's (with special characters):
3. Attachment 127857

All fixed for v4.3.5 apart from:

Attachment 127853

I'm not sure what this is showing?

stwan 05 Apr 2011 11:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by bananalive (Post 2181049)
apart from:

Attachment 127853

I'm not sure what this is showing?

This tag team.

bananalive 05 Apr 2011 11:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by stwan (Post 2181057)
This tag team.

Ah ok, fixed for v4.3.5

bananalive 05 Apr 2011 12:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by betts02 (Post 2180709)
Automatically promote top 2/3 teams into next division
Automatically drop bottom 2/3 teams into lower division

There will be a new vBulletin Option to control how many are promoted/demoted based on the results from previous season.

champendk 05 Apr 2011 15:19

when the league if finnished it would be "easy" for you to use same model for groupstages :-) so we could have groups where ex 10 groups where best 2 from eace group goes to playoff(normal bracket)

this mod has become more than i ever dreamed of...

than you banana for all your hard work, i sure hope people donates

ProFifaLeagues 05 Apr 2011 16:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by bananalive (Post 2181064)
There will be a new vBulletin Option to control how many are promoted/demoted based on the results from previous season.


Superb news thank you for the updates they make this mod the BEST!

bananalive 05 Apr 2011 17:00

1 Attachment(s)
Leagues

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/attac...1&d=1302022621

Bottom player moves down, top player moves up.

Starting position in season 2 (right hand side of screenshot above) will be random to start with, then once results are submitted, players will then be ranked properly.

If player4 had joined season 2 then player4 would have been put in Group 2

bananalive 05 Apr 2011 17:24

v4.3.5

-League
-Double Round Robin
-Added vBulletin Options
-New League is separate page from New Ladder
-Easier new season creation
-New vBulletin Options
-Category banners (supports bb code not html)
-My teams page
-and other minor fixes, additions

betts02 05 Apr 2011 17:41

will give this a try tonight mate

MANY, MANY thanks for all your work

taxman 05 Apr 2011 18:10

Great mod... I installed the original,, and have just upgraded but cant find the league module anywhere ? selected overwrite when I upgraded xml...

betts02 05 Apr 2011 18:20

its in there mate, just download it as usual

taxman 05 Apr 2011 18:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by betts02 (Post 2181169)
its in there mate, just download it as usual

are you saying you have it running (the league that is) any chance of a link to check it out buddy.

betts02 05 Apr 2011 19:49

7 Attachment(s)
aa.png - You can see it has no option for "LEAGUES"

ac.jpg - The option to add a "NEW LEAGUE" is there when you hover over "LADDERS"

ad.png - Still showing as a "LADDER" when its a "LEAGUE"

ae.png - What is this ? Really do not understand what the option is meant for

ag.png - How would you place players into different "Divisions" ?

af.png - League over with, How would you go to the next season and have the players move up/down ?

Cheers

taxman 05 Apr 2011 21:08

Ah.... only shows if you have "top navigation" selected..

Eruantien 05 Apr 2011 22:19

Can anyone help me with the following error? It occurs when I got to create an event for this mod.


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


bananalive 05 Apr 2011 22:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eruantien (Post 2181307)
Can anyone help me with the following error? It occurs when I got to create an event for this mod.

I will release a bug fix for this shortly.

Eruantien 05 Apr 2011 22:52

Thanks Bananalive. You're one of the best developers on this site. Thanks for the great work.

bananalive 05 Apr 2011 23:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by taxman (Post 2181271)
Ah.... only shows if you have "top navigation" selected..

Added to side navigation for next release

bananalive 05 Apr 2011 23:11

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by betts02 (Post 2181216)
aa.png - You can see it has no option for "LEAGUES"

ac.jpg - The option to add a "NEW LEAGUE" is there when you hover over "LADDERS"

ad.png - Still showing as a "LADDER" when its a "LEAGUE"

ae.png - What is this ? Really do not understand what the option is meant for

ag.png - How would you place players into different "Divisions" ?

af.png - League over with, How would you go to the next season and have the players move up/down ?

Cheers

Leagues will remain under Ladders for next few versions.

Use Seasons to link leagues together.

Once this is done then the players will move up/down from their previous seasons group

betts02 06 Apr 2011 06:48

Also if possible can you make the leagues part like :

Played
Won
Drawn
Lost
For
Against
Points

The above can cover most leagues that people use, Also people can easily then change the name of them if needed

Also option to place players/teams in to a selected league by admin before the season starts

betts02 06 Apr 2011 07:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by bananalive (Post 2181324)
Leagues will remain under Ladders for next few versions.

Use Seasons to link leagues together.

Once this is done then the players will move up/down from their previous seasons group

I will update this today and test it again as i did the above last night with the last updated and it never worked

The players never moved to the next season

bananalive 06 Apr 2011 13:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by betts02 (Post 2181468)
I will update this today and test it again as i did the above last night with the last updated and it never worked

The players never moved to the next season

Players will need to click 'Join League' on the new season or you will need to add them.

Edit: added to next version, under 'Add Player(s)' an admin will be able to add all the players from a previous season.

bananalive 06 Apr 2011 13:52

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by betts02 (Post 2181455)
Also if possible can you make the leagues part like :

Played = Total Matches
Won
Drawn
Lost
For
Against
Points

The above can cover most leagues that people use, Also people can easily then change the name of them if needed

Also option to place players/teams in to a selected league by admin before the season starts

Most of those stats are in league currently:

Played = Total Matches
Won= Wins
Drawn = Draws
Lost=Losses
For? I'm not sure what you mean by this
Against? I'm not sure what you mean by this
Points= Total Points

You change change the phrase text in vbulletin phrase manager

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/attac...1&d=1302097844

ProFifaLeagues 06 Apr 2011 14:04

say for football it would be Goals for - Goals against :)

betts02 06 Apr 2011 18:58

If you used this for say Football (Soccer)

At the end of a season you could have 2 teams with the same points

But if you had - For - this would be how many goals they have scored
Against - this would be how many goals they have had scored against them

Team a - For - 30 ----- Against - 10 - this would give them a difference of +20
Team b - For - 30 ----- Against - 14 - this would give them a difference of +16

So team A would be the winner

Eruantien 06 Apr 2011 22:27

Edit: nevermind :)

Shadawg 07 Apr 2011 01:42

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by bananalive (Post 2181044)
I'm not sure what you mean.

Currently you have it where there's the section for us to post rules and other information on each ladder. You also have the main ladders & tournament rules that show up in the tab I recommended a month or so ago.

I'm trying to say merge the rules into the tab for the ladders. Keep the rules how they are for the tournaments. The rules tab for the ladders though should be customizable for each ladder. Right now you have it so we can edit the rules and they show up for all ladders. Make the rules tab on each ladder customizable so we can edit the rules for each ladder and they don't show up on the actual ladder page (you have to click the rules page to view the rules).

For example I cutout a image of the current view of a ladder and the way it would look after you remove the section. That information you would have there would show up in the Rules tab.
__________________________

Another idea I would like to suggest is a Prize tab on Tournaments.


All times are GMT. The time now is 16:58.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.14
Copyright © 2022, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All Rights Reserved. vBulletin® is a registered trademark of MH Sub I, LLC
Copyright ©2001 - , vbulletin.org. All rights reserved.