Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
DownloadsII Details »
DownloadsII
Developer Last Online: May 2016 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 4.0.4 Rating: (269 votes - 4.79 average) Installs: 1646
Released: 28 Dec 2009 Last Update: 02 Dec 2011 Downloads: 10868
Not Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins Auto-Template Additional Files  

DownloadsII

DownloadsII is a download database that integrates into vBulletin. It allows you to upload files, add images to them, create categories, link to external files - and more. It is very flexible and has many options.

It's also coded 100% XHTML 1.0 Transitional valid, just like vBulletin itself.

Instructions & Support

Requires vBulletin 4.0.4 or higher. Not fully compatible with lower vB 4 versions.
It works fine with both the new editor in vB 4.1.4 or higher and the old one in previous vB versions.

Read the instructions in the next two posts before installing/upgrading this mod!

You can find an installation/upgrade manual in the zip package (Readme.txt).

I try to answer most questions asked in this thread. Please don't send any pm's if I don't ask for them. Don't forget to click the install link, so you will receive important update notifications.

Screenshots & Live demo

At the bottom of this post, you can find some screenshots of the front-end and back-end (AdminCP part) of the DownloadsII software.

You can find a live demo on my own site: Minatica.be Downloads (Dutch).
Though keep in mind that we are running a restyled and modified version of it.

Changelog (version 6.0.9)

Jelle
  • Added support for vB 4.1.8 bit processing with 'each' construct (backwards compatible)
  • Fixed comma listing for vB 4.1.8 (using "old" method)
Older changelogs are included in the zip package.

Help!!! I can't upload large files??

This is probably the most asked question. It's mostly caused by some default PHP settings: check "PHP Max Post Size" and "PHP Maximum Upload Size" at your AdminCP home.

Then have a look at this post for the solution to up these values.
Also have a look at this post at vB.com (but ignore the MySQL part as DownloadsII is only using the file system).

Add-ons

There are currently no official add-ons. Unofficial add-ons are listed below.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Addons

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	DownloadsII_v6_Main.jpg
Views:	11241
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	108404   Click image for larger version

Name:	DownloadsII_v6_Category.jpg
Views:	9960
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	108405   Click image for larger version

Name:	DownloadsII_v6_File.jpg
Views:	9562
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	108406   Click image for larger version

Name:	DownloadsII_v6_Add_File.jpg
Views:	5865
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	108407  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DownloadsII_v6_Search.jpg
Views:	5750
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	108409   Click image for larger version

Name:	DownloadsII_v6_AdminCP_Settings.jpg
Views:	5377
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	108410   Click image for larger version

Name:	DownloadsII_v6_AdminCP_Categories.jpg
Views:	4467
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	108411  

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Major Additions DownloadsII RS_Jelle vBulletin 3.8 Add-ons 4347 13 Apr 2016 21:17
Add-On Releases DownloadsII ver 5.0 vbAdvanced Add-On CyberRanger vBulletin 3.6 Add-ons 159 01 Jul 2011 18:15

Old 28 Dec 2009, 14:59

Jelle please ignore that yahooooo dude!! Let him be sarcastic, the majority is very very happy with this upgrade and appreciate all those hundreds of free time hours you must have spend on this and previous versions!! Keep it up man!
Old 28 Dec 2009, 15:06

Originally Posted by GrossKopf View Post
I did what the first link said, created an .htaccess file and suddenly I couldn't access my forums. I delete the file and I could access them again...
That's only happening when you put the wrong content in it (=> internal server error), or if your shared host blocks it. Shared hosts don't like big things

If it's not a shared host, try editing your php.ini like in the second link (and don't forget to restart the Apache service afterwards).

You can view the maximum allowed upload size in the AdminCP home.
Old 28 Dec 2009, 15:18

This is a fantastic mod, I will certainly be using it once you have worked out some of the kinks. I have rated and nominated though. Great work!
Old 28 Dec 2009, 15:24

Okay upgraded from 5.1.0 without any problems Upgrade script ran great without any hickups.

/marked everything i could (MONM, installed) top job as always!! You have made 32,000 users happy today!
Old 28 Dec 2009, 15:34

One thing to consider Jelle. The default vbulletin styles have a white background so you can't see the copyright notice as it has a white font (at least here).
Old 28 Dec 2009, 15:53

thanks for the quick release, i admit my whining could be a huge annoyance

voted MOTM and rating this thread up ... we need to get this mod to win... since this mod is ownage
Old 28 Dec 2009, 16:27

if I download file at link http://indoglobal.us/forums/download...&id=1&act=down
so responce :

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

what this problem ??? plz
Old 28 Dec 2009, 16:33

Good evening Jelle.

I just upgraded DownloadsII on my vB4 forum and the upgrading process worked perfect! Only succesful messages haha.

The downloads page itself looks a bit messy because it seems that some old settings are gone. I added a screenshot as an attachment!

1) I don't want to show any categories on the frontpage of downloads.php. At this moment, all the sub-categories are displayed but I can't disable this in the settings. I was able in the previous version. Besides that, the layout of the sub-categories is also messed up. It just shows all the categories next to eachother, doesn't matter which one belongs to which one.

2) Not as important as point 1 but html code isn't working in the category description anymore. BB Code doesn't work either. It was nice to highlight some important things about the category.

3) In the right column, the line break is broken. All the names are just mentioned next to eachother. Perhaps it's the same problem as the layout for the sub-categories.

4) I don't see all the necessary menu items like adding a download for example. Edit: Just noticed that the Add New File button does appear when you're inside a category but not at the "homepage".

I hope you can take a look at this error Jelle. Thank you kindly in advance.

Suggestion

Wanted to mention a suggestion as well. In some categories, I don't want to have any downloads added because there are sub-cats for example. Unfortunately, there isn't a way to "close" certain categories so that members are forced to add downloads in a sub-cat right? It will look better for the layout as well. At the moment, in categories where I don't want any files and there aren't any files, I still see the add download buttons, the columns of a download category etc.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg downloads1_fmf.jpg (82.7 KB, 130 views)

Last edited by BozzaJos; 28 Dec 2009 at 16:40.
Old 28 Dec 2009, 16:44

error cms Warning: strpos() [function.strpos]: Empty delimiter in [path]/includes/functions_search.php on line 383
Look http://www.pctuts.be/
Old 28 Dec 2009, 17:00

Originally Posted by RS_Jelle View Post
And please give some feedback about the upgrade script. Is it working like it should?
I haven't found any issues with it at all yet. Ive been adding, editing, and deleting categories and sub-categories, and add and editing files.

All good. Rated excellent and voted for MOTM
Old 28 Dec 2009, 17:11

Suggestion - The ability to change the submission date of downloads. I would love to move over all my downloads and have them display in the order they were originally released.

Question - How do you customise the colours? I cannot seem to find anything in the css template. Does it take it styling from the default vb style?
Old 28 Dec 2009, 17:11

Is this a bug? My external Files always open in a new window. I added the extension and disabled the "new window" option but that doesn't helped.
Old 28 Dec 2009, 17:26

a request, if u could add a tag feature that will work with the vb standard tagging system?
Old 28 Dec 2009, 17:26

Thanks man really usefull & great mod
I made the upgrade without any problem & any lost of old data

Now I'm waiting for the addon to auto create posts
Old 28 Dec 2009, 17:33

Originally Posted by Bram H View Post
One thing to consider Jelle. The default vbulletin styles have a white background so you can't see the copyright notice as it has a white font (at least here).
Will be fixed. It works fine in the default style, but it's indeed an issue for custom styles with a dark background.

Btw: there's a caching issue with your Latest Files. Visit downloads.php?do=manfiles&act=updatecounters to fix it.

Originally Posted by ichal_spy View Post
if I download file at link http://indoglobal.us/forums/download...&id=1&act=down
so responce :

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

what this problem ??? plz
A 500 error code isn't enough to track the issue. I need an account for this.

Originally Posted by BozzaJos View Post
Good evening Jelle.

I just upgraded DownloadsII on my vB4 forum and the upgrading process worked perfect! Only succesful messages haha.

The downloads page itself looks a bit messy because it seems that some old settings are gone. I added a screenshot as an attachment!

1) I don't want to show any categories on the frontpage of downloads.php. At this moment, all the sub-categories are displayed but I can't disable this in the settings. I was able in the previous version. Besides that, the layout of the sub-categories is also messed up. It just shows all the categories next to eachother, doesn't matter which one belongs to which one.

2) Not as important as point 1 but html code isn't working in the category description anymore. BB Code doesn't work either. It was nice to highlight some important things about the category.

3) In the right column, the line break is broken. All the names are just mentioned next to eachother. Perhaps it's the same problem as the layout for the sub-categories.

4) I don't see all the necessary menu items like adding a download for example. Edit: Just noticed that the Add New File button does appear when you're inside a category but not at the "homepage".

I hope you can take a look at this error Jelle. Thank you kindly in advance.

Suggestion

Wanted to mention a suggestion as well. In some categories, I don't want to have any downloads added because there are sub-cats for example. Unfortunately, there isn't a way to "close" certain categories so that members are forced to add downloads in a sub-cat right? It will look better for the layout as well. At the moment, in categories where I don't want any files and there aren't any files, I still see the add download buttons, the columns of a download category etc.
1) A known issue, there will be better settings for this in a next release (depth instead of yes/no). It didn't made this release yet.

2) I did that to avoid & XHTML errors, but I will revert it to the old behaviour (no escaping).

3) A caching issue. Visit downloads.php?do=manfiles&act=updatecounters to fix it.

4) It should be there in the navbar too