Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03 Aug 2015, 17:57

Advertising skin in background

Hi guys, I need to insert an advertising skin (I have the html code, that I have received from 'advertisers) in the background of the forum.

How can I do? Where do I enter the code?
Old 20 Aug 2015, 00:22

Sorry for the late reply. Did you figure this out yet? You can edit a template and insert the code, but I'm not sure what you mean by 'background'. It depends exactly where you want it to appear and on which pages.
Old 02 Sep 2015, 23:04

Originally Posted by kh99 View Post
Sorry for the late reply. Did you figure this out yet? You can edit a template and insert the code, but I'm not sure what you mean by 'background'. It depends exactly where you want it to appear and on which pages.
Hi! Can I insert a link to explain?
Old 03 Sep 2015, 04:59

Go ahead and insert the link please ...then we can get a better idea of what you mean
Old 03 Sep 2015, 12:19

Thank you!

I have the html code that the advertiser sent me. It's a code that, when inserted, generates a background that you can click, like this -) gamesvillage.it/forum/forum.php

P.S. The background (with picture) clickable, in my case, must be generated directly from the code of advertiser, and NOT from a background static image plus a clickable link!
Old 06 Sep 2015, 10:27

What is the EXACT code they gave you and what directions if any did they give you? I'm betting that you either enter the code just below the body tag or in the headerinclude template. So having the exact info & directions from your advertiser can help us determine where it should be entered.
Old 06 Sep 2015, 23:35

Had to turn off add block to see it.. Interesting way to advertise.

More than likely some header include stuff with it. then set the doc background to a url they provide.

The include identifies you for when it calls for the BG image that gets displayed.
-----------------------------

Looking at it more, their site is not using it to display adds but as a way to get people to their facebook page.. pretty simple to just code that in. It's for advertising your own whatever, not for "adds"..

Last edited by billstelling; 06 Sep 2015 at 23:40.