Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Article Options
Old 23 Mar 2005, 13:54

Hey pguy..... if that tossed no error before, you must be pasting the php code within the commented out area that already exists within the phpstart template.

Let me know. If you could set me up an admin that only has template access I can have this working for you in no time
Old 23 Mar 2005, 20:22

Michael, where exactly do I get my own invocation code? I can't seem to find a button inside the script.

As for the zones, i dont have any.
Old 24 Mar 2005, 10:39

To get phpadsnew to generate invocation code you need to go to publisher's & zones - it's in there somewhere.

@pguy> Post the entire contents of your phpinclude_start template into this thread in php bbcode tags, and I'll take a look.
Old 24 Mar 2005, 21:06

Ah i figured it out now. But it doesn't quite work on my froums... it shows up, but it gives me a "?>" at the end of the ad, and the banner is not clickable, but the text below it is :-\

Anyway I can talk to you on AIM?
Old 26 Mar 2005, 04:26

I've done this and it makes life easier rotating google ads with regular ads. The problem arises that it's possible to display a google ad on a non-allowed page. Any idea how to best handle this? It's certainly possible to assign the google ads to a separate zone. Dealing with login and register is pretty easy as they are labeled as such by 'THIS_SCRIPT'. However I believe the error pages are labeled as whatever script was running when the error condition was encountered.
Old 27 Mar 2005, 19:32

I did some experimenting and here's what I'm now using in my phpinclude_start template. I'm running phpAdsNew as my banner ad server and have my google ads served from there as well. I originally had things set up so no ads were placed on the google excluded pages but decided to place ads on all pages - just exclude google ads from the specific pages.

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

It's a bit brute force but eliminates the need for zones and such related to google in phpAdsNew.

The last line in the while looks a bit strange but the current version of vBa gallery comes through with things defined that way for upload at the moment, so this serves as a catchall of sorts.

An alternative approach, if you want to only serve ads on "allowed" pages is to do something like

It's pretty easy to convert the latter one to run in the header using template conditionals.

Last edited by tgmorris; 27 Mar 2005 at 19:46.
Old 29 Mar 2005, 12:26

hi

plz forgive me if this has been asked before....

im using phpadsnew and vb3. i have one campaign with 5 ads, the code for this is in the header for vb3 forum. it works fine randomly displayin the ads on all the sub forums. but i have one section in the forum (a sub forum) i want it to display a certain ad. can i modify the phpadsnew code that is inserted with say an "if" statment to only allow a certain add for a section forum in my forum or is there another way around this

i hope the above makes sense
Old 31 Mar 2005, 22:38

I think I am looking for a similiar thing.. Basically I want to be able to have a unique zone for each forum... so banners at the top of each forum would be relevent to the forum title. ie. in the boat forum I only want boat related ads showing up, in the snowmobile forum I only want snowmobile ads showing up etc..

Can this be done??
Old 02 Apr 2005, 03:43

I've been using phpadsnew for 3 years now with the remote invocation code because I have it in a subdomain. Will this little workaround work on a subdomain? I'm actually planning to move phpadsnew on a remote server.
Old 07 Apr 2005, 22:23

I don't know - I'm sure there's a way, but it might involve some tinkering with the code.
Old 14 Apr 2005, 18:49

Has anyone integrated phpadsnew with magnus's AdColumns1.0 ?

I want to add a sidebar that rotates the display order on my forum on every refresh. I already have the zone and ads setup, just not sure how to deliver it with this script.
Old 16 Apr 2005, 12:04

Hi,
I've struck a slight problem which I can't workout. I have tested the following on my internal test site which works flawlessly following the instructions on page 1 however no matter what I do it doesn't show the banner.

My phpinclude_start is as follows
if (@include(getenv('DOCUMENT_ROOT').'/sponsors/phpadsnew.inc.php')) {
if (!isset($phpAds_context)) $phpAds_context = array();
$phpAds_raw = view_raw ('', 0, '_blank', '', '0', $phpAds_context);
}
I've then put in my header
<center>$phpAds_raw[html] <center />
I've removed the 'center' part but the problem is persisting that's for sure. No error bounces back just no banners are displayed and the pages looks as normal as it normally is.

Any ideas would be great.

Cheers
Darren
Old 20 Apr 2005, 02:44

I'm using Max Media Manager 0.1x (same as PAN2.1) but I can't make it work. The phpinclude_start has this:

But on the forum I get Database error
Database error in vBulletin 3.0.3:

Invalid SQL:
SELECT
user.username, (user.options & 512) AS invisible, user.usergroupid,
session.userid, session.inforum, session.lastactivity,
IF(displaygroupid=0, user.usergroupid, displaygroupid) AS displaygroupid
FROM session AS session
LEFT JOIN user AS user ON(user.userid = session.userid)
WHERE session.lastactivity > 1113963706
ORDER BY username ASC

mysql error: Table 'maxmediamanager.user' doesn't exist

mysql error number: 1146

Date: Tuesday 19th of April 2005 10:36:46 PM
Script: http://www.pulsorock6.com:8081/foro/?styleid=5
Any idea? :disappointed:
Old 21 Apr 2005, 12:29

Originally Posted by Pulsorock
I'm using Max Media Manager 0.1x (same as PAN2.1) but I can't make it work. The phpinclude_start has this:

But on the forum I get Database error

Any idea? :disappointed:
Not familiar with MaxMediaManager, but your view_local function call isn't specifying a zone, and the PHP Ads new function is view_raw.

Also, is you're ad server on the same machine as your vbulletin? If not that would explain the SQL error, which appears to be caused by the SQL server you're talking to not having the appropriate table.
Old 27 Apr 2005, 06:13

Michael,

Thanks for the information. It works great.

Oddly enough, on my first site, it gives me the option to use local invocation, but on the second, only javascript.

This is probably due to the fact the second site is on a different webserver, but alas, it works.

Thanks again