Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Mod Options
Reputation Setting Per Usergroup Details »
Reputation Setting Per Usergroup
Mod Version: 1.0.5, by xrvel (Member) xrvel is offline
Developer Last Online: Mar 2020 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 4.2.x Rating: (5 votes - 5.00 average) Installs: 27
Released: 11 Jul 2011 Last Update: 07 Oct 2012 Downloads: 123
Supported Uses Plugins Re-usable Code  

This mini mod enables you to be able to set these different settings for each usergroup :
  • Daily Reputation Clicks Limit.
  • Reputation User Spread.
  • reputation power.
  • max rep power.



For example you can set that "Moderators" has "Reputation User Spread" as "2",
but "Registered User" has "Reputation User Spread" as "10".

Other example is "Moderator" can have reputation power 5, while "Registered User" will have default reputation power.

You can just adjust the setting on admincp > usergroup > edit.

Check the attachment below for the screenshot.

This mod has been tested up to 4.2.0

Current version : 1.0.5

Version 1.0.5 - October 2012
  • Rep power change now applied on usercp.

Version 1.0.4 - September 2012
  • Bug fix : leaving negative rep is assumed as positive. Fixed.
  • New feature : max rep power cap per usergroup.


Version 1.0.3 - August 2012
  • Most code has been rebuilt.
  • rep power display bug on postbit & other places is fixed.
  • setting is changeable from usergroup > edit.

Version 1.0.2 - August 2012
  • Daily spread bug & other bugs fixed.

Version 1.0.1 - 11 July 2011
  • Reputation power can be set for each usergroup.

Version 1.0.0 - 11 July 2011
  • First release.

Please click Mark as Installed if you install my mod

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	xrep.gif
Views:	514
Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	141131  

Show Your Support

  • To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Navbar Mini-Hack N!ck vBulletin 2.x Full Releases 18 25 Jul 2005 05:13
Forumhomelinks Mini-Hack 1.0 Birdie501 vBulletin 2.x Full Releases 19 21 Jul 2004 06:51

  #16  
Old 12 Aug 2012, 01:52
sutto sutto is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Real name: Chris
Oh right, so this mod will add x rep_power to each rep given/taken, but it won't update their 'actual' rep power as displayed in admincp > user section?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12 Aug 2012, 02:20
xrvel xrvel is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by sutto View Post
Oh right, so this mod will add x rep_power to each rep given/taken, but it won't update their 'actual' rep power as displayed in admincp > user section?
Yes that's correct. If you go to admincp > user section, the rep power change won't be displayed there. Because the change is applied only when rep is given
__________________
Hi there !
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12 Aug 2012, 05:48
sutto sutto is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Real name: Chris
Originally Posted by xrvel View Post
Yes that's correct. If you go to admincp > user section, the rep power change won't be displayed there. Because the change is applied only when rep is given
Okay cool, thanks for letting me know.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 15 Aug 2012, 18:51
xrvel xrvel is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Marked as re-usable code now
__________________
Hi there !
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 18 Aug 2012, 07:16
sutto sutto is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Real name: Chris
Hi there,

I'm using 17,-,-,5,1 and it appears to be adding the +5 rep to users that are not a member of usergroup 17.

Any ideas?

Edit: Further info on this. It appears Admins & Super Moderators can see other users as having 5 rep power when they should have 0. However general users see them as having 0.

This seems very odd! lol.

Last edited by sutto; 18 Aug 2012 at 07:21.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 18 Aug 2012, 07:31
xrvel xrvel is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by sutto View Post
Hi there,

I'm using 17,-,-,5,1 and it appears to be adding the +5 rep to users that are not a member of usergroup 17.

Any ideas?

Edit: Further info on this. It appears Admins & Super Moderators can see other users as having 5 rep power when they should have 0. However general users see them as having 0.

This seems very odd! lol.
It depends where did you see that weird thing.

For example you set rep power of admin to 10.
When you login as admin account, and you go to admincp > user > edit any user (moderator / registered user), the edited user's rep power will display 10.
I know that's weird

But don't worry on adding rep process all are correct.
__________________
Hi there !
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 18 Aug 2012, 07:37
sutto sutto is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Real name: Chris
It's displaying in the postbit.

Once I removed the 17,-,-,5,1 all people who 'should' be on zero were on zero. This is the same for both admins,super mods & general users.

When adding the 17,-,-,5,1 however, the postbit display 0 for general users, but 5 for Admins/Super Mods.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 18 Aug 2012, 08:06
xrvel xrvel is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by sutto View Post
It's displaying in the postbit.

Once I removed the 17,-,-,5,1 all people who 'should' be on zero were on zero. This is the same for both admins,super mods & general users.

When adding the 17,-,-,5,1 however, the postbit display 0 for general users, but 5 for Admins/Super Mods.
Yeah on postbit it is not displayed correctly. Atm this only works correctly when adding rep process. I'll fix it on next version with some new GUI for easier usage (which is very soon )
__________________
Hi there !
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 18 Aug 2012, 08:35
sutto sutto is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Real name: Chris
Originally Posted by xrvel View Post
Yeah on postbit it is not displayed correctly. Atm this only works correctly when adding rep process. I'll fix it on next version with some new GUI for easier usage (which is very soon )
Okay, so even if the postbit does say 5, those users who should have zero actually do have zero?
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 18 Aug 2012, 09:16
xrvel xrvel is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Originally Posted by sutto View Post
Okay, so even if the postbit does say 5, those users who should have zero actually do have zero?
Yes that's correct
__________________
Hi there !
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 18 Aug 2012, 16:55
xrvel xrvel is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Smile

Current version : 1.0.3

Version 1.0.3 - August 2012
- Most code has been rebuilt.
- rep power display bug on postbit & other places is fixed.
- setting is changeable from usergroup > edit.

How to upgrade :
- just reupload the XML file
- old setting will be lost, so be prepared to adjust the new setting
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 26 Aug 2012, 05:12
zhai zhai is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
if I decided to make everything as default again, I just have to empty all the settings on each usergroup? Will the the reputation power be back to default or zero?
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 26 Aug 2012, 16:57
xrvel xrvel is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by zhai View Post
if I decided to make everything as default again, I just have to empty all the settings on each usergroup? Will the the reputation power be back to default or zero?
To reset everything back to default (not to zero) on all usergroups, you can :
- leave all fields empty, or
- disable / uninstall the product.
__________________
Hi there !
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 30 Aug 2012, 20:35
sticky sticky is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
I installed the latest version but it still doesn't work. When I put in a number on the usergroup for rep spread, it just stays empty it doesn't save.

How come?
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 04 Sep 2012, 19:04
JustAskJulie JustAskJulie is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Real name: Julie
I really just want to cap out the maximum reputation power for a user. By default you can do this for admins, but I have users who have been around about as long as I have and while I've capped my own power I can't cap theirs. Any suggestions on how to do this? This hack doesn't seem to be my answer as it just sets all users in that usergroup to a specific power level.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Mod Options

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 14:38.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: