Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Mod Options
[Web and Art Solutions] Nivo slider for vBulletin 5 Details »
[Web and Art Solutions] Nivo slider for vBulletin 5
Mod Version: 1.10, by WebandArt (Designer) WebandArt is offline
Developer Last Online: Apr 2015 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 5.0.x Rating: (1 vote - 5.00 average) Installs: 24
Released: 23 Apr 2014 Last Update: 27 Aug 2014 Downloads: 307
Not Supported  

We are very proud to bring to the community the integration of the popular Nivo Slider for the vBulletin 5 Connect platform, along with all its slide effects.

At last, for the first time ever, a flexible slider solution for all vBulletin 5 forum owners.

Demo: http://www.communityskins.com

It works for both 5.0.x and 5.1 installations.

Changelog:
v1.00 - Released
v1.10 - Fixed: Error loading post

Enjoy!

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	01-nivo-slider-setting.jpg
Views:	761
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	148933   Click image for larger version

Name:	02-nivo-slider-options.jpg
Views:	600
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	148934   Click image for larger version

Name:	03-manage-nivo-slides.jpg
Views:	567
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	148935   Click image for larger version

Name:	04-nivo-slider.jpg
Views:	538
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	148936  

Click image for larger version

Name:	05-nivo-slider-caption.jpg
Views:	683
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	148937  

Show Your Support

  • To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
  #16  
Old 08 Jul 2014, 14:18
WebandArt's Avatar
WebandArt WebandArt is offline
 
Join Date: May 2010
Originally Posted by jstear View Post
How can I slow down the transition time between slides?
Hello,

You should edit the js/vb5nivo/jquery.nivo.slider.js file located in your forum's file system, on line 1273.

Thank you.
__________________
Web and Art Solutions - The most stylish and best looking vBulletin Themes in the web!
vbulletin themes | vBulletin 5 themes | σχεδιασμός ιστοσελίδων
vBulletin services, skins and custom work in Greece
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08 Jul 2014, 14:22
WebandArt's Avatar
WebandArt WebandArt is offline
 
Join Date: May 2010
Originally Posted by jstear View Post
Also, I would like to make this go to a certain page, but not the root page. Is there a way to code this in without doing it on all pages?
You can edit appropriately the nivoslider_template from Styles & Templates on line 9.
__________________
Web and Art Solutions - The most stylish and best looking vBulletin Themes in the web!
vbulletin themes | vBulletin 5 themes | σχεδιασμός ιστοσελίδων
vBulletin services, skins and custom work in Greece
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08 Jul 2014, 14:23
WebandArt's Avatar
WebandArt WebandArt is offline
 
Join Date: May 2010
Originally Posted by jstear View Post
Sorry, but to add to the list. This broke my login box. Now the login form is a seperate pop up and it display weird.
I would upload a picture, but doesn't appear I am able to.
Could you please send us your forum's web address?
__________________
Web and Art Solutions - The most stylish and best looking vBulletin Themes in the web!
vbulletin themes | vBulletin 5 themes | σχεδιασμός ιστοσελίδων
vBulletin services, skins and custom work in Greece
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08 Jul 2014, 19:04
jstear jstear is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Originally Posted by WebandArt View Post
You can edit appropriately the nivoslider_template from Styles & Templates on line 9.
Line 9 is
Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Are you sure that is the right line?

I know HTML and CSS3, but have no experience with VB templates before now. Thank you for the help and the great extension!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10 Jul 2014, 18:16
oxrageous oxrageous is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
I followed the instructions to the letter, yet the "Nevo Slider" option is nowhere to be found on the left sidebar. I refreshed a number of times. Everything else seems to have installed properly, including the options on the settings menu.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 11 Jul 2014, 20:11
jstear jstear is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Originally Posted by oxrageous View Post
I followed the instructions to the letter, yet the "Nevo Slider" option is nowhere to be found on the left sidebar. I refreshed a number of times. Everything else seems to have installed properly, including the options on the settings menu.
Clear your server cache and look at the top of your side bar. Mine was collapsed at the very top.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 15 Jul 2014, 07:24
WebandArt's Avatar
WebandArt WebandArt is offline
 
Join Date: May 2010
Slider Assignment

Originally Posted by jstear View Post
Line 9 is
Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Are you sure that is the right line?

I know HTML and CSS3, but have no experience with VB templates before now. Thank you for the help and the great extension!
Hello,

You should edit the line below and change the condition which displays the slider as you prefer:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Thank you.
__________________
Web and Art Solutions - The most stylish and best looking vBulletin Themes in the web!
vbulletin themes | vBulletin 5 themes | σχεδιασμός ιστοσελίδων
vBulletin services, skins and custom work in Greece
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 17 Jul 2014, 13:10
oxrageous oxrageous is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
FYI, I had to uninstall this item as it was causing a posting conflict. When you would post something, you'd get a popup that said "Error Loading Post", yet when you refreshed the screen the post was there. After the full uninstall it stopped. Any idea what would cause that? It's a great product. I'm using 5.1.2.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 18 Jul 2014, 19:47
jstear jstear is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Originally Posted by WebandArt View Post
Could you please send us your forum's web address?
Have you had time to check this? I PM'ed you, but the website is hugaming.com
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 18 Jul 2014, 20:13
jstear jstear is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Originally Posted by WebandArt View Post
Hello,

You should edit the line below and change the condition which displays the slider as you prefer:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Thank you.
This still makes no sense. I want to change to the page titled home. The above is only an if statement, it isn't putting anything anywhere.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 22 Jul 2014, 17:38
WebandArt's Avatar
WebandArt WebandArt is offline
 
Join Date: May 2010
Originally Posted by oxrageous View Post
FYI, I had to uninstall this item as it was causing a posting conflict. When you would post something, you'd get a popup that said "Error Loading Post", yet when you refreshed the screen the post was there. After the full uninstall it stopped. Any idea what would cause that? It's a great product. I'm using 5.1.2.
Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. We are running some tests, we are going to apply some fixes on our next update.
__________________
Web and Art Solutions - The most stylish and best looking vBulletin Themes in the web!
vbulletin themes | vBulletin 5 themes | σχεδιασμός ιστοσελίδων
vBulletin services, skins and custom work in Greece
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 22 Jul 2014, 17:51
WebandArt's Avatar
WebandArt WebandArt is offline
 
Join Date: May 2010
Originally Posted by jstear View Post
This still makes no sense. I want to change to the page titled home. The above is only an if statement, it isn't putting anything anywhere.
Hello,

I probably misunderstood your question. You want to display the slider only on a certain page, right?

About the login area, try to remove the code below from the js/vb5nivo/vb5nivo.js file.

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Please let me know if the login was fixed.

Thank you.
__________________
Web and Art Solutions - The most stylish and best looking vBulletin Themes in the web!
vbulletin themes | vBulletin 5 themes | σχεδιασμός ιστοσελίδων
vBulletin services, skins and custom work in Greece
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 23 Jul 2014, 18:49
jstear jstear is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Originally Posted by WebandArt View Post
Hello,

I probably misunderstood your question. You want to display the slider only on a certain page, right?

About the login area, try to remove the code below from the js/vb5nivo/vb5nivo.js file.

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Please let me know if the login was fixed.

Thank you.
Awesome, that did fix the login. Also, yes, I would like the slider to be on a specific page, which isn't the home page. I am looking through the code and don't see a way to specify a page.
Thanks for the help!
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 26 Jul 2014, 22:09
ikymbo's Avatar
ikymbo ikymbo is offline
 
Join Date: May 2012
can work on vbualletin 4.2.2 ?? i like your design (y)
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 28 Jul 2014, 11:14
WebandArt's Avatar
WebandArt WebandArt is offline
 
Join Date: May 2010
Originally Posted by ikymbo View Post
can work on vbualletin 4.2.2 ?? i like your design (y)
Hello,

It is developed for vB5 and tested only on vB5 versions.

Thank you.
__________________
Web and Art Solutions - The most stylish and best looking vBulletin Themes in the web!
vbulletin themes | vBulletin 5 themes | σχεδιασμός ιστοσελίδων
vBulletin services, skins and custom work in Greece
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Mod Options

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 20:48.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: