Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 29 Oct 2014, 17:55

Social links In postbit

What I am looking for is something that ads social links to the bottom of the postbit_legacy template under the signature area. I know I could add this directly into the template but it would be great to have a plug in.

Facebook
Twitter
Google +
Pinterst
Youtube

Just the main ones would be good.

Thanks!

I am also looking for working BB code to ad facebook videos. I cannot get the latest one working without having to go in and edit directly each time i post a video.

Let us take care of your forum, seo, seo reports, maintenance, what ever you need.

Old 29 Oct 2014, 21:17

What would the social links link to, your accounts or the posters?
You can get access to my 180 mods for vB 3.6 - 4.x at The Admin Zone as well as the professional support you are used to. New vBulletin Spider Definitions, vBulletin Spiders List Hits 1000 Spiders! ​ OzzModz down. Site has had a data breach, checking how the intrusion happened. Change your PW if you use the same one on my site and others.
Old 29 Oct 2014, 21:57

Good question bro. it would probably be beneficial to have them go to user accounts so they can share.

Let us take care of your forum, seo, seo reports, maintenance, what ever you need.

Old 29 Oct 2014, 22:01

Ok let me see what I can come up with, gonna be a bit tricky as I don't have any social media sites I am signed up for.
You can get access to my 180 mods for vB 3.6 - 4.x at The Admin Zone as well as the professional support you are used to. New vBulletin Spider Definitions, vBulletin Spiders List Hits 1000 Spiders! ​ OzzModz down. Site has had a data breach, checking how the intrusion happened. Change your PW if you use the same one on my site and others.
Old 29 Oct 2014, 23:09

Hmm I am not sure how to code the sharing part but let me know if there is anything I can help with bro. Thanks so much!

Old 29 Oct 2014, 23:14

Ahhh, I forgot about that, it is something I doubt I can do, hopefully someone else who has worked with this type of stuff can work something up for you.
Old 30 Oct 2014, 18:12

I can probably figure out how to code it into the template. I am not so sure about the plug in part though with a modified theme.

Thanks anyways bro!

Old 30 Oct 2014, 22:32

Work it up in the template and delineate the modified template area. Send it to me and I will throw it into a plugin for you. It still might require one template variable if there is not a template hook or a variable I can use nearby.

I find template changes easier to manage then plugins, but whatever you need buddy.
Old 31 Oct 2014, 15:52

Thanks bro. I still have to figure out the sharing urls but it shouldn't be hard. I just need to find some time.

you are probably right that it is easier to just add the code right to the postbit_legacy template but I would like to be able to add this on client sites easily without editing if possible.