Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Old 18 Jul 2007, 16:48

Minimum posts not working?

I have tried to set a user group up with a 20 post minimum to play, but this did not work. I then opened up a joinable user group, in which they must have 20 posts to play, set the settings to a minimum of 3 posts a day to play, but they can play without ever posting. What am I missing here. I have gone over the settings time and time again and still do not see what I am doing wrong...
Comments
Old 18 Jul 2007, 18:40

you have latest v2.6.2+ ?
Old 20 Jul 2007, 19:20

yes, that bug still exists in v2.6.2+
Old 20 Jul 2007, 19:32

I am sure it does not - please provide access to your AdminCP+FTP so I can check/verify this...

You are sure you did overwrite /arcade/modules/mod_Arcade.php so this is actual file from v2.6.2+ archive ?
Old 20 Jul 2007, 20:21

It is a brand new install, rather than an upgrade.

In the arcade group permissions, the Primary User Group 'Resistered Users' has min posts set to 30, and setting 'Can view and play'. No other settings have been altered (ie all other fields are left at the default 0 or -1 etc)

A member with zero posts whose primary user group is 'Registered Users' and whom is not a member of any secondary user groups can view and play the arcade games.

I can confirm to you that these are the conditions in which the bug was recreated, and that the member with zero posts can definately play the games.

The only other non standard aspect of the v2.6.2+ install is that I have removed the additional lines from the postbit and postbit legacy which make the "champion title" appear. I mention this final point for completeness in recreating the bug and in case it has any influence.
Old 21 Jul 2007, 14:59

Originally Posted by MrZeropage View Post
you have latest v2.6.2+ ?
Yes I do have the latest.

Originally Posted by LMimo View Post
It is a brand new install, rather than an upgrade.

In the arcade group permissions, the Primary User Group 'Resistered Users' has min posts set to 30, and setting 'Can view and play'. No other settings have been altered (ie all other fields are left at the default 0 or -1 etc)

A member with zero posts whose primary user group is 'Registered Users' and whom is not a member of any secondary user groups can view and play the arcade games.

I can confirm to you that these are the conditions in which the bug was recreated, and that the member with zero posts can definately play the games.

The only other non standard aspect of the v2.6.2+ install is that I have removed the additional lines from the postbit and postbit legacy which make the "champion title" appear. I mention this final point for completeness in recreating the bug and in case it has any influence.
Same thing here. I tried to set the registered users at 20 posts, and new members were coming in and playing without ever posting.

Last edited by BigDog56; 21 Jul 2007 at 15:01. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 21 Jul 2007, 21:16

Could anybody having this problem please provide access to AdminCP+FTP and a reference to this thread so I can work this out ? Thanks
Old 22 Jul 2007, 05:07

Originally Posted by MrZeropage View Post
Could anybody having this problem please provide access to AdminCP+FTP and a reference to this thread so I can work this out ? Thanks
PM sent.
Old 22 Jul 2007, 10:35

@BigDog56:
I visited your site and you had old v2.6.1+ installed
You just updated the product-XML but not a single file

I finalized the update now and *wohooo* everything works fine

@LMimo:
if you want, I can check your site to see what is wrong there...

Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
New Posting Features Allow URLs in posts only after a minimum number of posts (to reduce spam) Xoligy vBulletin 3.6 Add-ons 97 14 Apr 2012 12:26
Allow URLs in posts only after a minimum number of posts (to reduce spam) Erwin vBulletin 2.x Full Releases 49 27 Sep 2007 11:37
minimum posts to use PM illogicalx vBulletin 2.x Full Releases 7 04 May 2002 16:15