Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Mod Options
Movie Of The Week - MOTW v3.0.2 Details »
Movie Of The Week - MOTW v3.0.2
Mod Version: 3.0.2, by ragarcia87 (Member) ragarcia87 is offline
Developer Last Online: Apr 2014 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 4.0.5 Rating: (17 votes - 4.41 average) Installs: 101
Released: 23 Jul 2010 Last Update: 30 Jul 2010 Downloads: 581
Not Supported Uses Plugins Auto-Template Additional Files  

Movie Of The Week - v3.0.2

If you use this mod please Mark As Installed

I got the idea for this product from choccyclaire who created the Member Of The Week mod.

Changelog:
v1.0 => v2.0 - Added YouTube Embedded Trailer
v2.0 => v2.0.1 - Added FORUMDISPLAY and FORUMHOME manual placement
v2.0.1 => v2.0.2 - Fixed small bugs. Collapse buttone now in proper place. Blockhead stays when above footer.
v2.0.2 => v2.5b - Added auto-grab IMDB information. Removed useless YouTube trailer link. Removed the need for a summary. Removed the need for movie title.
v2.5b => v3.0 - Everything except for the Rotten Tomatoes Link is automatically grabbed from the IMDB ID. No more manual template edits.
v3.0 => 3.0.2 - Added choice of automatic or manual YouTube trailer.


Info:
Movie Of The Week on FORUMHOME or FORUMDISPLAY. Easily manage the MOTW on your forum's homepage or display.

Main Features:
-Lytebox Cover Art (Automatically grabbed)
-IMDB Link (Automatically generated)
-Rotten Tomatoes Link
-YouTube Trailer (Automatically grabbed or Manually set)
-Admin Rating
-Movie Title (Automatically grabbed)
-Movie Details (Automatically grabbed)

Installation:
1. AdminCP > Plugins & Products > Manage Products > [Add/Import Product]
2. Upload the contents of /upload to your root directory.
3. Go to: AdminCP > vBulletin Options > MOTW - Movie Of The Week > MOTW IMDB ID

Enter what comes after /title/ e.g., http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1139328

4. Go to: AdminCP > vBulletin Options > MOTW - Movie Of The Week > MOTW Rotten Tomatoes ID

Enter what comes after /m/ e.g., http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/10012063

To manually add the mod to FORUMHOME or FORUMDISPLAY use:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


To manually add the mod to one particular forum:
Copy/paste the code below into the FORUMDISPLAY template of the skin you are using. I usually put it under the {vb:raw navbar}. Change the red "x" to the sub-forum id.

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.



***Note: I have tested this on vBulletin 4.0.5 and it is working 100%***

v3.0 Note: If you are upgrading from a previous version that required template edits you "MUST" undo those template edits or lytebox won't work.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	FORUMHOME-NAVBAR.jpg
Views:	3057
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	120188   Click image for larger version

Name:	ADMINCP.jpg
Views:	849
Size:	177.2 KB
ID:	120256  

Show Your Support

  • To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
  #61  
Old 29 Jul 2010, 12:06
Britmovie Britmovie is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Ok worked out the thread ID
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 29 Jul 2010, 12:15
Britmovie Britmovie is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Thread ID worked out thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 29 Jul 2010, 13:22
Britmovie Britmovie is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
The URL contained a malformed video ID.

As before I mentioned no Yootube is pulled up and when i click on the link I get a message on the yootube page

The URL contained a malformed video ID.
maybe it would be better to have the option of these pull ups as auto or manual?

Last edited by Britmovie; 29 Jul 2010 at 14:03.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 29 Jul 2010, 15:21
ragarcia87's Avatar
ragarcia87 ragarcia87 is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Real name: Ryn Garcia
Originally Posted by Britmovie View Post
Ok www.britmovie/britforum the youtube doesnt pull any trailer in. Maybe this would be better to have as manual and auto selection. maybe even the same with others as well.

A great adition would be something where members can recomend a film and users can vote on recomendations for movie of the month. Or is this getting to complicated as its easy for me to say?

great work loving it!


About the youtube link. It's because the the site's api I use for this mod has a missing youtube link. If you will post the link here or PM it to me I can add it and it will show up within 24hours. The voting sounds really cool.

//EDIT//
Okay I added the Zulu YouTube trailer ID. The trailer should show up within 24hours. If it does not please contact me.

Last edited by ragarcia87; 29 Jul 2010 at 15:27.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 29 Jul 2010, 15:55
RobbieZ RobbieZ is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Slight bug.

I used these details - tt1375666

Everything shows up beautifully

But when you play the you tube trailer it has embedding disabled by request.

I would suggest having an option to use your own youtube link source instead of the system pulling the info for you.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 29 Jul 2010, 16:01
ragarcia87's Avatar
ragarcia87 ragarcia87 is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Real name: Ryn Garcia
Originally Posted by RobbieZ View Post
Slight bug.

I used these details - tt1375666

Everything shows up beautifully

But when you play the you tube trailer it has embedding disabled by request.

I would suggest having an option to use your own youtube link source instead of the system pulling the info for you.
Hm. Sounds like a good idea. I can switch it back to manually. Maybe I should have released it as beta, lol. :P Sorry guys.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 29 Jul 2010, 16:05
RobbieZ RobbieZ is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Screenshot of problem.

Can we have the title to include the year please ??



Nightmare on Elm street was made in 1994 & 2010 although the movie poster does kind of give it away.

------
.
Another suggestion - With youtube now trawling videos and enabling them to be um-embedded .

Is it possible to get trailers from other sources? Dailymotion / Stagevu / Googlevideo / Zshare - (note stagevu is DIVX)
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 29 Jul 2010, 17:18
Britmovie Britmovie is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Originally Posted by ragarcia87 View Post
About the youtube link. It's because the the site's api I use for this mod has a missing youtube link. If you will post the link here or PM it to me I can add it and it will show up within 24hours. The voting sounds really cool.

//EDIT//
Okay I added the Zulu YouTube trailer ID. The trailer should show up within 24hours. If it does not please contact me.
Okay can I ask where it's pulling the yootube trailer from? Curiouse how you making a change somewhere fixes it? Would be great if it could be made to pull information as it does now but with the option to add info manual like before.

The reason why manual is needed to pull data as well is that some films may not have covers or even be listed with IMDB

You produce good pruducts the must be a good living here for you doing this.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 30 Jul 2010, 18:41
ragarcia87's Avatar
ragarcia87 ragarcia87 is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Real name: Ryn Garcia
Originally Posted by Britmovie View Post
Okay can I ask where it's pulling the yootube trailer from? Curiouse how you making a change somewhere fixes it? Would be great if it could be made to pull information as it does now but with the option to add info manual like before.

The reason why manual is needed to pull data as well is that some films may not have covers or even be listed with IMDB

You produce good pruducts the must be a good living here for you doing this.
I'll add a switch so the user can choose manual or automatic. I'm using the API that http://www.themoviedb.org/ has set up. The reason I can change something is because the YouTube trailers are added by the users so if the trailer doesn't work you could just add it yourself to the correct movie on the site. Once the other version is made I'll release it here.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 30 Jul 2010, 19:42
RobbieZ RobbieZ is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Thanks ragarcia87

Any chance on the year thingy?

....


Off topic

Create member of the week mod for vb4
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 30 Jul 2010, 19:57
COL NIL SATIS COL NIL SATIS is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Real name: Col
Brill mod this is also A1 support to which is great ..our members love it ..top work Ragarcia
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 30 Jul 2010, 20:12
ragarcia87's Avatar
ragarcia87 ragarcia87 is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Real name: Ryn Garcia
Originally Posted by RobbieZ View Post
Thanks ragarcia87

Any chance on the year thingy?

....


Off topic

Create member of the week mod for vb4
Um. The year is in movie details in Release Date. The titles on the website's api don't have the year in them.

About off topic: Hm. I guess I could update the code of the other one for vB4. They have the code marked as re-useable so I'll put something together and release it. It won't be as automatic as this one. It might just be the same mod but updated for vB4.


Originally Posted by COL NIL SATIS View Post
Brill mod this is also A1 support to which is great ..our members love it ..top work Ragarcia
Thank you


///EDIT///

Updated to v3.0.2
v3.0 => 3.0.2 - Added choice of automatic or manual YouTube trailer.

///EDIT AGAIN///
I'm working on a new version that will archive the MOTW so that your users can look back on previous movies of the week. I'll try to get this done as quick as possible. It won't be able to archive the previous MOTW but it will archive the current and all future MOTW. If I can figure it out I'll add an update option that will let you manually add the MOTW.

Last edited by ragarcia87; 30 Jul 2010 at 22:15.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 04 Aug 2010, 13:10
COL NIL SATIS COL NIL SATIS is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Real name: Col
Originally Posted by ragarcia87 View Post
Um. The year is in movie details in Release Date. The titles on the website's api don't have the year in them.

About off topic: Hm. I guess I could update the code of the other one for vB4. They have the code marked as re-useable so I'll put something together and release it. It won't be as automatic as this one. It might just be the same mod but updated for vB4.




Thank you


///EDIT///

Updated to v3.0.2
v3.0 => 3.0.2 - Added choice of automatic or manual YouTube trailer.

///EDIT AGAIN///
I'm working on a new version that will archive the MOTW so that your users can look back on previous movies of the week. I'll try to get this done as quick as possible. It won't be able to archive the previous MOTW but it will archive the current and all future MOTW. If I can figure it out I'll add an update option that will let you manually add the MOTW.
great stuff
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 08 Aug 2010, 20:23
Da-Vinci Da-Vinci is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
I'm trying to get this to work on vBadvanced CMPS, I've added {vb:raw motweek}

underneath {vb:raw navbar} in the adv_portal template, so it looks like this.


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

But it's not showing, is there something I'm missing with this?
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 09 Aug 2010, 00:32
ragarcia87's Avatar
ragarcia87 ragarcia87 is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Real name: Ryn Garcia
Originally Posted by Da-Vinci View Post
I'm trying to get this to work on vBadvanced CMPS, I've added {vb:raw motweek}

underneath {vb:raw navbar} in the adv_portal template, so it looks like this.


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

But it's not showing, is there something I'm missing with this?
It's not coded to work with vBadvanced. I could work on an update that would make it work but I'm still working on the archive system right now.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Mod Options

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 03:06.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: