Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 19 Nov 2014, 12:16

I just
Disabled all plugins.
Then deleted the parsed post for a certain post in the database.
Disabled caching.
Loaded the post -> the embedded video was showing.
Deleted the parsed post from the database.
Turned on post caching.
Rebuilt the post cache.
The embedded video was not showing.

I have made plenty of mods to the code over the years. The thing is I very rarely run the post cache maintenance.
There are only two mods in class_bbcode.php and they should have no effect on the parser.

in class_bbcode.php, I see this:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Maybe the datastore is not up to date and the custom codes are never fetched from the db?
Where can I find the datastore? How do I flush it?
Old 19 Nov 2014, 17:47

Do you have AME installed?

Try a search before posting for help. Many users won't, and don't, help if the question has been answered several times before.
W3Schools -
Online vBulletin Manual
If I post some CSS and don't say where it goes, put it in the additional.css template.
I will NOT help via PM (you will be directed to post in the forums for help.)
Old 19 Nov 2014, 21:06

Originally Posted by squishi View Post
Maybe the datastore is not up to date and the custom codes are never fetched from the db?
Where can I find the datastore? How do I flush it?
I checked in vb3.8.8 on my test forum and $vbulletin->bbcodecache was null, so any custom bbcodes should be loaded from the db in append_custom_tags(). You could add some debug output to admincp/misc.php under where it says "if ($_REQUEST['do'] == 'buildpostcache')", if you want to check it for sure. You could add output in class_bbcode as well (enclose it in "if (defined('IN_CONTROL_PANEL'))" if it's a live forum).
Old 20 Nov 2014, 18:38

I did var_dump($this) in the class_bbcode.php. The bbcode parser object contains the custom bbcode.

I just noticed that the bbcode parser is not even replacing the img tags in the post parser.
My forum is messed up!
Old 20 Nov 2014, 18:50

I did var_dump($this) in the class_bbcode.php. The bbcode parser object contains the custom bbcode.

I just noticed that the bbcode parser is not even replacing the img tags in the post parser.
My forum is messed up!
I believe it's normal for the img tags to be there. For some reason that I don't understand, those are parsed when the post is displayed, even if the post is cached.

But if you're showing that the YOUTUBE custom bbcode has been loaded when you're doing a "rebuild post cache", then I don't know why it's not being used. I think it's possible to define two codes with the same tag, one with and one without an option. Is it possible that the custom code you defined doesn't match what you see in the posts (option-wise, I mean)?
Old 20 Nov 2014, 18:55

Okay, I have deleted all parsed posts. When I visit posts with embedded bbcode, they are now showing up correctly. They are also staying like that when I reload.
So it's only the admin backend's post cache function that's broken.

--------------- Added 20 Nov 2014 at 18:56 ---------------

Strange. Why would VB not cache the img tags? Makes no sense to me to leave them out.
Old 20 Nov 2014, 19:06

Strange. Why would VB not cache the img tags? Makes no sense to me to leave them out.
There must be a good reason for it. The postparsed table has a column to indicate whether or not the post has images, and the bbcode parse function has a parameter to say whether img tags should be parsed. Maybe it's that there's one or more user options for displaying them? Although I don't know what they are offhand.

Edit: oh, yeah, each user can turn off images, so I guess that had to be handled in some way.