Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Quick Account Switch Details »
Quick Account Switch
Developer Last Online: Feb 2016 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 4.0.x Rating: (23 votes - 4.96 average) Installs: 176
Released: 02 Mar 2010 Last Update: 03 Mar 2010 Downloads: 889
Not Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins Auto-Template Additional Files Translations  

I no longer support my hacks. Please feel free to update them and release new versions elsewhere as long as I get the credit for the original modification.

/*===================================*\
|| Quick Account Switch
||
|| Author : Anton Kanevsky
|| Works on : vBulletin 4.0.x
|| Released : Mar 02, 2010
||
|| Time required to install: ~30 seconds
|| Difficulty: easy
\*===================================*/

DESCRIPTION

This modification gives users the ability to easily switch between linked accounts. Accounts can be linked by administrators via admincp or by users via usercp as long as these users know the passwords for both accounts. Optionally, you can disallow users to link and unlink accounts from the usercp.

STATISTICS

File Uploads: 1
Products to Install: 1

FEATURES
  • Adds AdminCP and UserCP controls to link and unlink accounts.
  • Allows to easily switch between linked accounts from the navbar.
  • Allows to disable the public UserCP controls and leave just the AdminCP part.

VERSION HISTORY

[F] Fixed a minor bug.

[+] Hack ported to vBulletin 4.0.x.

[+] Compatible with vBulletin 3.5.x - 3.8.x.
[+] Removed all template modifications.
[+] Added option to disable usercp controls for linking accounts.

[+] The modification is now officially compatible with vBulletin 3.6.
[+] The hack has been optimized and now performs much less queries than before.
[+] Users now can link accounts without an administrator as long as they know the passwords for both accounts.

Initial Release (Port of Quick Account Switch by Ianomed)

The installation manual is contained within the attached file.

IF YOU LIKE MY HACK, PLEASE CLICK INSTALL

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot01.png
Views:	1598
Size:	10.1 KB
ID:	113396   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot02.png
Views:	1947
Size:	3.8 KB
ID:	113397   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot03.png
Views:	1216
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	113398   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot04.png
Views:	974
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	113399  

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot05.jpg
Views:	1072
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	113400  

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Profile Enhancements Quick Account Switch akanevsky vBulletin 3.6 Add-ons 103 19 Nov 2014 01:57
Profile Enhancements Quick Account Switch akanevsky vBulletin 3.8 Add-ons 74 21 Oct 2011 22:45
Quick Account Switch akanevsky vBulletin 3.5 Add-ons 128 28 Apr 2009 09:52
Quick Account Switch v1.2 Ianomed vBulletin 3.0 Full Releases 157 29 May 2006 13:43

Old 09 Oct 2013, 10:52

I have updated to 4.2.2 but this script gives me the following error:

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in ..../global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 43
Apparently it has something to do with the new PHP version i already use on my new server (PHP 5.3.27). But i have found the problem and found a solution for it.

- Go to admin panel
- Go to Plugin & Products
- Go to Manage Products and disable the Quick Account Switch
- Go to Plugin manager
- Scroll in the list to QAS: Handle Switch (global_start) and edit the file
- Find in the PHP code the following:

$vbulletin->session =& new vB_Session($vbulletin, '', $getuserdata['userid'], '', $getuserdata['styleid']);
and replace it with

$vbulletin->session =new vB_Session($vbulletin, '', $getuserdata['userid'], '', $getuserdata['styleid']);
Enable the product again and it's gone.
Attached Files
File Type: xml product-psi_qas.xml (19.2 KB, 42 views)

Last edited by BigY; 09 Oct 2013 at 14:01. Reason: Solution for 4.2.2 with newer PHP version
Old 22 Oct 2013, 23:30

I just wanted to say a quick thanks to all of you who have helped keep this mod updated. I just used this mod on my role playing site, and really appreciate all the help offered here.
Old 28 Oct 2013, 11:14

I totally agree with Rebecca. I updated to vB 4.2.1 and without the help of the users here (Alan and Tankkiller) I wouldn't be able to use this addon.

So thank you very much for keeping the addon up to date so we can use it or for offering help
Old 19 Nov 2013, 15:44

I have uploaded the new version...but still no link on the NavBar...

Am I missing something?
Old 19 Nov 2013, 16:28

Originally Posted by Rckcrwlr View Post
I have uploaded the new version...but still no link on the NavBar...

Am I missing something?
The file upload is key. The ticker clicky should be just to the right of your username in the "Welcome..." bit. This is ONLY IF you have linked any other accounts, to your own.
Old 19 Nov 2013, 17:55

Originally Posted by Max Taxable View Post
This is ONLY IF you have linked any other accounts, to your own.
Oops....Got it now. Thanks
Old 18 Jul 2014, 13:57

Quick question, I have renamed in the 4.2.x Navigation Manager menu from "Quick Account Switch" to "Account". However, it does not change the menu title in my navigation?

Any ideas on how to do this?
Old 19 Nov 2014, 02:02

I need this but it's not working for me.

I have the accounts linked in AdminCP but can't find it on the forum.
Old 21 Jan 2015, 05:08

Forgive me if I missed it, but I literally read all 9 pages of this thread and a couple of people asked this same thing, but I don't think it was ever answered.

I would love to move the link out of the navbar and into the header template. How might I go about doing this?

Thank you in advance!
Old 21 Jan 2015, 23:38

Well, you need to create template hook association for this mod with existing template hook in header (I don't know if there exist one), or create association for new hook that you'll place in header in position you like.

I described procedure here and here.

Missing image in second post is because imageshack deleted it. I still use this system for quick change of accounts.
Old 23 Jan 2015, 04:09

Originally Posted by Alan_SP View Post
Well, you need to create template hook association for this mod with existing template hook in header (I don't know if there exist one), or create association for new hook that you'll place in header in position you like.

I described procedure here and here.

Missing image in second post is because imageshack deleted it. I still use this system for quick change of accounts.
Thank you so much for your reply! Quick question - doing these would require that I completely uninstall the product, right? Which would then unlink all of the linked accounts and once re-installed and all that, I would have to go through and re-link them? Or am I making it more complicated than it should be?

Thank you again for your help!
Old 23 Jan 2015, 15:15

Is there is a way to show notifications for those linked accounts in the dropdown? like maybe a "Total Notifications"? to show an admin someone has interacted with one of the linked accounts? If I am using a few linked accounts for different management, I want to know if there is a notification for that account without having to switch over to it first.
Old 24 Jan 2015, 00:32

Originally Posted by Raw Sugar View Post
Quick question - doing these would require that I completely uninstall the product, right? Which would then unlink all of the linked accounts and once re-installed and all that, I would have to go through and re-link them?
Well, you're making it too complicated.

Actually, you can do two things:

a) You can edit plugins (actually, one plugin of this mod in question).

b) You can edit installation xml file by yourself, or use one I attached and upload it with allowing overwrite to assure it is accepted by vB.

Everything will stay the same, except, of course, you'll have additional working hook (or completely new one) that you now can place in header template where you want it. I don't know what exactly you intend to do, but I still use things as I described in second post (much faster to see all linked accounts and it needs only one click). Sorry for missing image, imageshack dropped it.

Anyway, creating new, previously not existing hook is the best path and afterwards placing it in template of choice (navbar, footer, whatever someone prefers). At least I see it that way.

Originally Posted by concepts View Post
Is there is a way to show notifications for those linked accounts in the dropdown?
Not that easily and it would require more work on mod, if it is even possible.

Linked accounts are still completely separate. This mod just makes easy switching between them. No information (except linked accounts) is stored about them.

And I agree it would be useful to see if there are new PM's or other notifications about other accounts.
Old 24 Jan 2015, 22:31

Originally Posted by Alan_SP View Post
Well, you're making it too complicated.

Actually, you can do two things:

a) You can edit plugins (actually, one plugin of this mod in question).

b) You can edit installation xml file by yourself, or use one I attached and upload it with allowing overwrite to assure it is accepted by vB.

Everything will stay the same, except, of course, you'll have additional working hook (or completely new one) that you now can place in header template where you want it. I don't know what exactly you intend to do, but I still use things as I described in second post (much faster to see all linked accounts and it needs only one click). Sorry for missing image, imageshack dropped it.

Anyway, creating new, previously not existing hook is the best path and afterwards placing it in template of choice (navbar, footer, whatever someone prefers). At least I see it that way.
I finally got the default navbar template edited to work how I want it to, so now I can keep the QAS in there and not have to worry about editing the plugin.

Although, now I'm seeing this issue (in fact it's been there all along, but I thought it'd be easier to take care of...)

Screenshot with space highlighted and Chrome's inspect for reference:

There's a couple of things I'm confused about...
1: There's an li with an id of "qas_switch" that was empty (it also had an empty href tag) - I have that id set to display none, because it was creating more space.

2: The QAS is in the next li, but there's a weird empty href tag in there too, before the actual link. When I inspect and do display:none on that one, the space goes away and all is well. I'm not sure why there's an empty href tag there and because the link is being added in through the Navigation Manager, there's no way for me to edit the html.

Any ideas how to get that empty href to go away? I can't do something like this (li#yui.gen0 { a: display:none; }) as that would remove all the links in that id.
Old 25 Jan 2015, 00:22

That's strange. I just checked, I don't have empty href tag. I use version given here. Interesting is, picture is back again, so you can see how it looks like.

Anyway, maybe you did something wrong?