Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Article Options
[How-To] Fieldname reference
Sean S

Chicago
by Sean S Sean S is offline 05 Aug 2006

Phrasetypeid => Fieldname

With the release of vbulletin 3.6 gold I know that many of you will try to upgrade your boards to the latest version and many of you will try to upgrade your older hacks and mods for the latest vbulletin version.

That's what I did, however, during this process and reading the vbulletin announcements, I noticed that 'phrasetypeid' has been replaced with 'fieldname'. This has caused some of the vb 3.5 hacks to stop functioning after the upgrade with errors referencing to 'phrasetypeid'.

Now as for it's full functionality, I'm not 100% sure so someone has to correct me if I'm wrong, but what 'fieldname' does is that it let's you select the phrase category that the phrases are stored in.

Here I'm going to list the changes that have taken place to make it easier for you to find the changes that have taken place. In the older version of vbulletin, phrase categories or their type was referenced by a number. For example, the number 5000 represented 'vbsettings',

You can also find this reference in the 'upgrade_300b3.php', on step 24.

Mostly used:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

The rest:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Hope this helps someone out. I just posted this cause many of the tutorials here helped me out and I always use them as a reference when upgrading or creating a mod.
Views: 1626