Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11 Oct 2005, 18:49

You can place the invocation code anywhere it makes sense to place it. Do this via a hook. I place mine in the "global_start" hook.

Then, you place the variable created by the invocation code, wherever you like. Header is fine. If you user the variable within a template used by a function (like the postbit template), you'll first have to declare the variable as global, also via the appropriate hook.

I explain all this in the link I provided.
Old 11 Oct 2005, 20:47

Forgive the ignorant question, however, is there a benefit to using local invocation versus remote? I have the remote version in my header and it works fine??

www.atvpros.net

Thanks!
Old 15 Nov 2005, 20:45

Well, i don't get any errors, but no banners show up!! Please help!
Old 08 Dec 2005, 08:15

Anyone willing to give any support on this?

I have one setup of this working great on a web host company for my website Boostaholic.org.

I set it up correctly and tried what seemed every other possible way to configure it on my hosted computer that runs my large website Zilvia.net and I cant get it to display. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Old 10 Jan 2006, 02:59

Hi,

if you still didn't know why it's not working when adding the code to global.php or as a plugin:

Set $phpAds_config['compatibility_mode'] to true in your config.inc.php of your phpadsnew installation.
Old 16 Jan 2006, 19:54

Phpadsnew Problem !!

Yesterday I had a problem with the server. I completely restored the server (Cobalt Raq550) to a fresh install. After that I restored the Backup (I’m lucky the backup was only a few ours old) from the website and mysql.

The website works again. But there is a problem.

When a user Reply on a post it goes wrong. I give you two examples. This was working fine before I restored the server.

Quick Reply > When clicking the send button “Posting Quick Reply - Please Wait” appears and noting else. When I refresh the page the post is made. So after the post is made the page will net refresh.

When ik use the button “Post Reply” I go to the page “newreply.php?do=…..” I type in a message and click “Submit Reply” then the next page can’t be found? I get a IE error screen. Again if i go back to the tread the message is there.

After a lot of searching I fond the problem. If I disable the phpadsnew plugin (post #3) it is working fine !!

Can somebody please advice me.
Old 10 Nov 2006, 07:16

isthis going to work in 3.6.3?
Old 20 Jan 2007, 22:17

Hi Guys,

SOrry I've been trying to get phpadsnew to work on my site for 2 days alreayd and I can't figure out why it doesn't display the threads. I followed the directions and uploaded the plugin with the folloing code:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

My question right now is what do I do after this? I have zone 1 defined in phpadsnew with a couple of banners linked to it. Can someone tell me what I have to do after this?